Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 19

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jasper to you and your family, be very careful with yourself over these next weeks, don't injure yourself.

Diane, be careful out in the heat, stay hydrated and makes sure you don't get too overheated!!

Afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. I went to lunch with my Dad, it was so good to see him and he brought my pierogies from Mich back with him !! I wonder if Mike's going to ask me where I want to go for dinner tonight and I want to have pierogoes He'll probably be very disappointed!

Hope you all have a great rest of the afternoon, I'm counting down the amount of patients I have to see before I can get out of here! Talk to you all later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I went to lunch with my Dad, it was so good to see him and he brought my pierogies from Mich back with him !!
    Glad you got to see your father but I just have to know, what are pierogies? Is that a name of a food or a business or what? Also, can you give us a phonetic spelling of that word?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Blythe that's a busy weekend! I'm thinking of hitting a beach too but haven't made up my mind. Do you think it would be a good idea or should we just hang out in the house with the AC? And maybe watch some movies or something.
    I vote the beach... mainly b/c that's what we'll be doing! But I also need to get my children who think they are fish back in the water, and get a little color on this pale skin!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. I went to lunch with my Dad, it was so good to see him and he brought my pierogies from Mich back with him !! I wonder if Mike's going to ask me where I want to go for dinner tonight and I want to have pierogoes He'll probably be very disappointed!
    Yummm!! Now you're making me wish I'd gotten some at the grocer....

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Glad you got to see your father but I just have to know, what are pierogies? Is that a name of a food or a business or what? Also, can you give us a phonetic spelling of that word?
    Pierogies -- pronounced "peer-o-geez" with a long "o" in the middle -- are like pasta "pillows" filled with mashed potatoes and then add whatever you'd like to that... meat, cheese, onions... then you either boil or fry them and add butter and more onions... at least, that's how we do them... and boy oh boy are they yummy!! My DH is full-blood Polish, so they're a staple around here...

Jasper, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt... what a beautiful story! I hope things go well this weekend for you and your family. And what a crazy few weeks you have coming up -- I thought we were busy!! Holy moly! Do be careful of your back... we wouldn't want you laid up again!

So, now that everybody's work day is winding down, I'm trying to gear up for mine... usually by now I have a good idea for dinner, but I'm at a loss, since now I want pierogies.... ... I may just throw salmon on the grill, can't go wrong w/ that....

Anybody have any better ideas?? Or better yet -- would anybody like to go to work for me???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    LOL!! Sorry, I had a feeling there would be someone that would have no idea what I was talking about. It's a food that's somewhat of a doughy dumpling/pasta type thing filled with some type of filling. I like the ones with potato and cheese, but they fill them with mushrooms, saurkraut, etc. It's actually pronnounced pretty much like it's spelled: Pier (like what you stand over the ocean on) o ge. They are the best tasting thing in the whole world!! So was that clear as mud?
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe did I miss when you hit 6000? Congrats. Colour on skin is why I don't want to go. I only have pale white and lobster colour as options which really doesn't entice me much. We will see what the guys say.

Salmon is good but why not just have the perogies? (and Jasper I'm sure there are plenty of perogie businesses too as we buy ours premade all the time it's about the only prepared food I buy aside from the occasional pizza)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I
    Pierogies -- pronounced "peer-o-geez" with a long "o" in the middle --
    Ok, Blythe did that better than me, I'm phonetically challenged ok?
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper, thank you for sharing that touching story with us. Like the others have said - look after yourself too over the next few busy weeks! OK?

I put my Marriott timeshare on the market today. We have never stayed there but always swapped our one week for two weeks in Florida. We can't see us staying there much, even if it is near Paris (and a certain Disney Park) so there doesn't seem much point keeping it. I'd rather stay at DVC anyway.

Tomorrow we are going to visit a friend near London who moved into a new house at the beginning of the year and it is still a work in progress but has a wonderful garden. It'll be fun to catch up!

Today I may have done something that will cause me a lot of work in the future but could be worthwhile. If it gets interesting I will let you know about it.

Oh the race for life was excellent - folks completed the course a lot quicker than they expected and the weather was just perfect - cool, but the rain stayed away. It was inspiring seeing all the dedications people wore on their backs for who they were running in remembrance or celebration of.

Happy weekend everyone!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Mikki I'm glad the weather was nice for your race. Those are truly interesting events are they not?

Anyone else glad the weekend is mostly here?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Its the weekend!! Everybody ready? Man do I need it after the week I've had!

Just me and the two youngest this weekend, as DH and DD are in Vegas. Tomorrow is our anniversary (22 years!), and once again, we are MILES apart. Some may remember our 20th, when we were on opposite coasts - him at home, and me on Long Island. To top it off, he gets home very late Sunday, and I leave Monday for the week in Seattle. Home on friday, then off to California the following monday! Hopefully we will have some time next weekend to squeeze in a night out!

Happy Friday everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Carol you don't share candy? I find that hard to believe.
    I'm married to a chocoholic and if I want chocolate I need to hide it and not share it. I will share my Tizzlers, unless they're really, really fresh. Then they're mine. Some days I'm the seagulls from Finding Nemo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I don't ! Poor Gilles !
    He's not poor...he can buy his own candy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Isn't that just the silliest thing? I totally know what you mean... and it isn't even about the money, either... we have tons of friends who make more than we do, and it doesn't matter at all... they could care less, and so do we. It's just the attitude people carry, regardless of $$ or where they live... like they're superior for some reason none of us can figure out. Drives me nuts....

So - anyone else glad it's FRIDAY??? Even though I'm working tonight, it still feels good, knowing I'll be able to relax with Dan and the girls tomorrow and Sunday. I hope you all are having an excellent day!!! I'm off to do some grocery shopping....
    Some people like to pretend they have a lot of money and the snootiness that goes with it. I'd rather be me, because I know I couldn't live with myself if I pretended I was snooty.

I wish I could be happy it was Friday, but I still have to work tomorrow, then I get Sunday off, but then it's another 6 days of work in a row... Oh, well...more time to take off work.

I got my paycheck today and they paid me for 96 hours of straight time when they were only suppose to pay me for 88, my supervisor is going to check into because she said I should of had more OT time.

Okay, I need advise...when my supervisor called me today, she had informed me that my old manager is off work because she is being investigated(she didn't tell me why, she just asked me not to call her, I didn't ask any questions with that) and that right now her 2 assistant managers are running the store. I told my boss that if the girls needed any help that they could call me. I don't know if my old manager is permanently gone or not, but if she is and they offered me the store, should I take it? It's a bigger store, which means more money. But it's also in the town that we moved from, that I really don't like. The crime rate in the mall the store is located is very high. I really like my small store and the town we're in.

Jasper, thank you for sharing that touching story. My deepest sympathies for you and your family
    Last edited by Caroleh; 07-18-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: correction of spelling
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, would the more money be worth with the price of gas and the time etc be really truly worth the possible extra? As much as I'm all about the $$ if it's not going to make you happy that's not a good thing at all.

T & G many many happy returns. It's not the day itself but the celebration of the commitment that matters. May you and your DH enjoy a long long healthy happy time together.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Okay who performed the rain dance today?
    And why did it have to include thunder and lighting?
    So who's ready for Saturday? Even though it's my Monday I go back to work tomorrow, how sad is that huh?
    I'll prepare the coffee maker and hot water machines tonight before going to sleep.
    PirateGal and I are talking about taking a trip to DLR next year and were talking about staying during the month of September. Good idea or bad idea during that month?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's chat, to those who need it and

I was wondering if anyone had a spare hug. We're suposed to leave in the morning for NYC for the INTERCOT meet. Well, this morning Carter started his runny nose and by this afternoon his chest was junky so he's using the neb every few hours. We don't have a portable neb yet. We're canceling the trip I'm disappointed but of course Carter is the most impoprtant thing.
    Have a great night and I'll see you guys in the morning. By the way, who sent the thunderstorms here?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Hey All...
    It sure has been a busy week...and I see everyone in here has been busy too.

Survived Universal..but it was definately NOT Disney. No magic..nada...kids were not really impressed..but DH had fun so I can't complain.

Jasper..what a touching story..I have always been amazed at how people seem to wait for someone special before they go or for a moment like you described..I am glad she was at peace and hope that this can comfort you in such a difficult time.

Pogo..welcome back..nice to have you and your cheery upbeat attitude around again. When will we have you back for good?

Jym..wait till Rachel discovers that breast pump...no excuses anymore then!

I had a big interview this week with the Mayo clinic...and I think I have gotten the job..actually a better one than I interviewed for. I had interviewed for an MICU position but the manager did not have the hours that I wanted..so she wandered over to the SICU/Heart/Lung transplant floor and gave the manager my name. I got a call today basically offering me the position. I am going in to meet the manager Tuesday. I really hope that this will work out as I need to be home with the kids more.
    My SIL and I are not seeing eye to eye on child rearing and it is causing rouble. She has been trying to discipline the kids while I am home and she is very rough. Yesterday I caught her screaming at my poor 6 year old because he forgot to put socks on..then when he cried and said that she was being mean she went and got...a leather belt!! I freaked out. I believe in discipline but I think a belt is extreme..and especially when i am sitting there! Now I wonder what has been going on when I am not home...what a disaster!
    Ok..I have mumbled on for long enough. Any suggestions on what to do with SIL???
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, would the more money be worth with the price of gas and the time etc be really truly worth the possible extra? As much as I'm all about the $$ if it's not going to make you happy that's not a good thing at all.
    I think for me is that there are several people still working there that I was just a co-worker with and if they'd have respect for me as a manager. There was also a lot of back stabbing in the store, which the last manager encouraged. She also has several "little pets" that really didn't have to work hard. I don't think I'd want to have several problem employees verses one. It's easier to manage 7 people then 19. It's not the running of the store but managing the people.

It's a point of going into a successful store or trying to make a small store that is the laughing stock of the company into something respectful. I've surpassed what we made last year already this year and we're still going strong. I'm getting close if not over my 3% growth I wanted and will be getting very close to a 6% increase. The company is struggling this year because of the raise in our dollar and people going to Buffalo, plus the economy as a whole. Truth of the matter is not many people sew anymore so it's a dying industry. When I was talking to my boss today about where we're at for the year, she was very excited. I think if I look at the accomplishment I've done and taken almost 5 years to do, it has to be fulfilling and I want to stand with my little store!!!

Does all this make sense or did I bore you all?

Where's our cabana boy and bartender? It's Friday night and aren't we suppose to be partying?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I've been thinkin' again.

You are probably saying, "OH NO!"

I was just thinking about how I love that I have friends here that take it upon themselves for taking care of animals. God bless you as to commit yourselves to this assignment.

I turn in my rental and pick up my wrinkle free Malibu today!
    Do they use Botox for cars with wrinkles?

Good luck in Vegas, Cindy!
    Happy travels to all getting ready to travel!

XOXOXOX
    deb

Oh Deb, Botox is WAY to expensive. Just use what I put on my face - spackeling (?) You know, the stuff you put on cracks in a wall. I'm really you're getting your car back.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a spare hug. We're suposed to leave in the morning for NYC for the INTERCOT meet. Well, this morning Carter started his runny nose and by this afternoon his chest was junky so he's using the neb every few hours. We don't have a portable neb yet. We're canceling the trip I'm disappointed but of course Carter is the most impoprtant thing.
    Have a great night and I'll see you guys in the morning. By the way, who sent the thunderstorms here?
    for Carter, Traci.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    I had a big interview this week with the Mayo clinic...and I think I have gotten the job..actually a better one than I interviewed for. I had interviewed for an MICU position but the manager did not have the hours that I wanted..so she wandered over to the SICU/Heart/Lung transplant floor and gave the manager my name. I got a call today basically offering me the position. I am going in to meet the manager Tuesday. I really hope that this will work out as I need to be home with the kids more.
    My SIL and I are not seeing eye to eye on child rearing and it is causing rouble. She has been trying to discipline the kids while I am home and she is very rough. Yesterday I caught her screaming at my poor 6 year old because he forgot to put socks on..then when he cried and said that she was being mean she went and got...a leather belt!! I freaked out. I believe in discipline but I think a belt is extreme..and especially when i am sitting there! Now I wonder what has been going on when I am not home...what a disaster!
    Ok..I have mumbled on for long enough. Any suggestions on what to do with SIL???
    When you put Mayo Clinic I was thinking of the orginal Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. They use to send us(people from my hometown) up there all the time since we lived about an hour and a half away from it.

How about taking the leather belt to her? That really makes me . He's a kid for Pete's sake and that is child abuse.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

ZOOP ! I LOVE that word. Use it all the time now. Everybody O.K.? (that's a question). My mom is slowing down, and like I said earlier, her trip to Phila. is off cause my "little" brother said she would require too much care. That's after we spent $441 for a tx. Thank goodness I bought flight insurance, even though it will take several months to get it back. ANYWAY, she's been so down about it that my DD, Beth, said, "let me accompany her to Ohio, where the nice relatives are. She's an R.N., and will make sure she's well taken care of, plus Dialysis has scheduled her for treatment three mi. away from my ex-SIL, where she'll be staying. They're booked for one week, leaving Aug. 12th., so please pray that she gets to go. She's down to 122lbs - lost six lbs this week, soooooooooooooo.......
    I haven't had much time to tap at ya, but am still around. Thanks for the new word. DH says, "what cha doing"? I say, "zooping", and he goes outside. I think we're on to something big.
    Have a great rest of the week-end. I have class tomorrow morning, and then just plan to float in the pool. It's about 92 degrees in the water, but that's good my M.S., and the weightlessness is awesome. I promise to catch up on Monday. I'll bring real cookies, and Starbucks coffee.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doin' tha happy dance!

My car looks great!

If I could just get rid of this ache in my neck and back.

Is everyone having a good night?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I put my Marriott timeshare on the market today. We have never stayed there but always swapped our one week for two weeks in Florida. We can't see us staying there much, even if it is near Paris (and a certain Disney Park) so there doesn't seem much point keeping it. I'd rather stay at DVC anyway.

Today I may have done something that will cause me a lot of work in the future but could be worthwhile. If it gets interesting I will let you know about it.
    Good look with the time share sale! Will you still be coming to Florida for the same amount of time without it? I hope so!!

Hmmm... curiouser and curiouser....

Anyone else glad the weekend is mostly here?
    YES!! And I'll be even happier when mine starts at 7am... we are WAY too busy tonight. I'm postpartum right now, with 6 patients.... very rare to start with that many. At 11pm, if I don't end up in Labor & Delivery, I may have 8.... yipes!!!

Is it 7am yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    :Just me and the two youngest this weekend, as DH and DD are in Vegas. Tomorrow is our anniversary (22 years!), and once again, we are MILES apart. Some may remember our 20th, when we were on opposite coasts - him at home, and me on Long Island. To top it off, he gets home very late Sunday, and I leave Monday for the week in Seattle. Home on friday, then off to California the following monday! Hopefully we will have some time next weekend to squeeze in a night out!
    Wow -- no wonder you guys decided to get away together in December -- you need it! Are you sure you really want to spend any of that quality time with all of us crazy folks??

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a spare hug. We're suposed to leave in the morning for NYC for the INTERCOT meet. Well, this morning Carter started his runny nose and by this afternoon his chest was junky so he's using the neb every few hours. We don't have a portable neb yet. We're canceling the trip. I'm disappointed but of course Carter is the most impoprtant thing.
    I'm so sorry to hear that... ... we've had to make cancels like that, and it's so hard, but knowing you're doing it for the little ones does make it a bit easier. I hope you have a wonderful weekend at home instead!! (Go out to Cooks on Bailey and have a lobster for me, okay?? )

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    I had a big interview this week with the Mayo clinic...and I think I have gotten the job..actually a better one than I interviewed for. I had interviewed for an MICU position but the manager did not have the hours that I wanted..so she wandered over to the SICU/Heart/Lung transplant floor and gave the manager my name. I got a call today basically offering me the position.

First of all, sending you loads of for your job... that sounds great! I sure hope you get it!!

As far as your SiL, I would just pull the kids from her care... to do that kind of stuff right in front of you is shocking, and you're right, it would make me seriously wonder about what goes on when you're not. I don't know what your relat. w/ her is like, but even if you're close, I'd have a serious sit-down with her, and I'd probably find someone else to watch them -- I'd be too nervous while they're there otherwise! I hope it works out for you and gets better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Where's our cabana boy and bartender? It's Friday night and aren't we suppose to be partying?
    Not without me... can we save the party for tomorrow night?? I'll bring the ....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: