Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 17

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    5pm. Thanks!
    Ya know....I really do like poutine (and I don't like french fries!). It must be the cheese curd
    I haven't tried poutine yet...I like all of the ingredients,but I'm not sure about them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Well didn't go quite as planning but somewhat like I figured. She "quit" last night over my email. She said she needs a job that's going to be more flexible. Well I'm not sure what kind of job would be flexible TWO DAYS after you start, but call me crazy.
    Hi guys!! I need your opinion, QUICK!! Do you think Mike and I should move our reservation to WL for the December trip? It will cost us $400 more for the whole trip. I'm just not sure POP will give us the kind of theme were looking for when visiting around Christmas. What do you guys think? Decisions, decisions!!
    Flexible after 2 days....um, yeah, right. If she finds that job, can I get hired for it also?

Sarah, I would say go for it. We stayed there last year and it was so neat. This year I think I'd like to go see more of the different resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Carol is inventory 100% done yet?
    Done and sent in yesterday. Now I just have to get the store put back together. I did half the drapery wall today and I hope I can finish it tomorrow. It's the one thing everyone leaves for me because they don't want to do any heavy lifting.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Well after tomorrow I'll be gone for a couple days. Going to see my friend in Iowa. I'm taking off early on Saturday and will come home on Monday night late. I haven't seen her in a while, so it should be a good time. The gas is going to kill me though, probably a whole weeks wages, but she is worth it.
    Where in Iowa? I miss home...well, I miss my DD and my DB and his family...I want to see the babies...
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Personally Blythe I've known way to many people who really have money to ever be intimidated by those who think they can just act like it. (bet you 2 to 1 that the snobby folks were up to max on credit lines and mortgages!)

Good news on the bird! Do you need more coffee?
    Too true... and I'm sure it happens everywhere, but to see people annoyed at a child's wonderment (at Disney of all places... ) really irks me. (Unless, of course, that display of wonderment is out of control and distracting, etc... ) Anyway, I totally know what you mean... we've got a town nearby that just screams "look at me, we've got $$$$ here" and lots of folks that live there are very snobby and think they're "all that"... they pride themselves on being "New England-like"... well, for someone who's spent most of her life visiting and living in New England, I just have to laugh when I'm there, b/c compared to true New England towns, they aren't all that much to write home about! So, we just enjoy going there for the ambience and ignore the attitude.

Yes, I need a Disney fix as well. We have 37 more days until I go and believe me I'm more than ready. Too much stuff going on and makes me more and more worried at the store. It's not good at all either. I seriously wonder if I'll have a job next week.

Awe, glad that Bambi is back with her daddy. How cool is that?

Well after tomorrow I'll be gone for a couple days. Going to see my friend in Iowa. I'm taking off early on Saturday and will come home on Monday night late. I haven't seen her in a while, so it should be a good time. The gas is going to kill me though, probably a whole weeks wages, but she is worth it.
    I wish my need for a Disney fix was going to be appeased as soon as you guys are getting one... we've still got 144 days to go!! But, I'm truly not complaining... at least it's not in the 300's like it was when we first started talking about it, and with the economy being what it is, I am just so thankful we can even have a vacation like it. So -- I'm trying to be patient.... (not a strong suit for me, and I'm glad Dan won't read that, as he'd die laughing.....)

It's totally cool -- although I have to admit, the mother in me is having a hard time with knowing she's going to be out there all night, unprotected. She's in roughly the same spot she's been since 4pm, and I'd rather see them coaxing her towards some cover right now... Julia is, as I type, creating some kind of "bird box" that she wants to stand up on it's side nearby so the baby can go in if it wants to...

Have a great time in Iowa... I hope seeing your friend is all you're looking forward to it being!! Sending you some work that things will right themselves soon....

Just adding this in -- I don't know how many of you remember me trying to buy some Mickey Halloween votive holders that are exclusive to MNSSHP last year?? We couldn't find them at WDW anywhere, they were totally sold out... but I'd found some in November on E-bay, and then couldn't actually get them b/c the seller couldn't find them when she went to ship them. So, we signed a release and all was well -- well, she e-mailed me yesterday that she found them, and I purchased them today!! Yeah!!! I wanted them SO badly... they were the one souveneir I really liked. So I am SO excited!! (Silly, I know, but there it is.... )

Okay -- I'm done with the caffeine for now... who's got the ???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Just adding this in -- I don't know how many of you remember me trying to buy some Mickey Halloween votive holders that are exclusive to MNSSHP last year?? We couldn't find them at WDW anywhere, they were totally sold out... but I'd found some in November on E-bay, and then couldn't actually get them b/c the seller couldn't find them when she went to ship them. So, we signed a release and all was well -- well, she e-mailed me yesterday that she found them, and I purchased them today!! Yeah!!! I wanted them SO badly... they were the one souveneir I really liked. So I am SO excited!! (Silly, I know, but there it is.... )
    Did you want to try and find you some this year?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Did you want to try and find you some this year?
    Or just more candy?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Iowa? I miss home...well, I miss my DD and my DB and his family...I want to see the babies...
    Just north of Davenport, in LeClaire. Should take me about 7 hours driving. We are going to a baseball game on Saturday night. Then just doing what ever the rest of the time I'm there.

I can totally understand Blythe and I'm not a mom. It tears me apart seeing those little guys, no matter who they are having to be out in the real world alone. Did that make sense?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your troubles w/ her... but at least her quitting saved you the worst part. Good luck to her finding something "more flexible" two days in, after starting a week late!! What some people think is normal....
    YES! (Not sure if that was quick enough, but if we could, we would
    You are so funny!! They'll call you the bird lady instead of the cat lady! I think you would be good at bird rehabilitation too. I don't know a darn thing about it, birds are so foreign to me.

Sarah, wow, all I can say is wow. For someone in my position I can't believe it is all I can say. Hopefully you'll find someone who really wants to work soon.
    I'd say go for it Sarah. I bet the decorations are beautiful and only $400 more, yup do it. I'll miss you at Pop, but we will see each other during the meets. Plus I love the Lodge if I could get back there I definitely would.
    Have fun in Iowa, be careful!
    Flexible after 2 days....um, yeah, right. If she finds that job, can I get hired for it also?

Sarah, I would say go for it. We stayed there last year and it was so neat. This year I think I'd like to go see more of the different resorts.
    Yeah I thought the word "flexible" was great. Flexible is when you've been at a job two years and you get sick and have to call in, not after TWO days!! Geez
    I'm glad you found the votives you wanted!!

SO, I switched our reservation to WL and for a couple reasons. First of all, I think this would be a wonderful resort to stay at during the holidays. With all the rustic decor and the big fireplace, it's going to be very cozy. Plus, Mike keeps talking about how he wants a "real" vacation and since I'm not sure he's going to be able to just lay by the pool in December, I figure at least WL has a hot tub and he can sit in there, get a and relax while I'm running around with you crazies I also would like to relax a little bit. We are going in September and will really go commando style then, so it would be nice inbetween JQ and Mousefest meets to relax a little bit and take in some of the amenities. Do you guys think I made the right decision? I think so, it will be worth the extra $ I think and you only live once! Plus we don't have any credit card debt right now (but we may after this trip!!!)

I don't feel very good so I'm going to lay down for a little bit. Things have been so stressful this week with Scooter and the receptionist thing...I need some rest. Have a good night, I might check in later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Good luck getting it done Rhonda.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Rhonda, you know there is always room in the Friday Parties for more! You stop by whenever you can, OK? And we'll try to keep the lack of questions to the Friday party, not here.
    Thanks Jamie! (Or, should I call you Jaime? ) I just have not had time to attend the parties in quite some time, but I'll try to sneak a peak soon! Oh, and welcome to JQ to you and Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I didn't get to see little Alex.
    Welcome home, Deb! Sorry you didn't get to meet Alex.

Hi guys!! I need your opinion, QUICK!! Do you think Mike and I should move our reservation to WL for the December trip? It will cost us $400 more for the whole trip. I'm just not sure POP will give us the kind of theme were looking for when visiting around Christmas. What do you guys think? Decisions, decisions!!
    How much time are you going to be spending at the resort? Personally, I doubt that I'd do it.

I seriously wonder if I'll have a job next week.

Well after tomorrow I'll be gone for a couple days. Going to see my friend in Iowa.
    Lots of job finding for you, Mary! And, have fun in Iowa!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Or just more candy?
    I'm bad....I don't share my candy.

Just north of Davenport, in LeClaire. Should take me about 7 hours driving.
    I was from the other side of the state...The north central part, near Mason City in a small town by the name of Algona, it's where Hwy. 18 and 169 meet.

SO, I switched our reservation to WL and for a couple reasons. First of all, I think this would be a wonderful resort to stay at during the holidays. With all the rustic decor and the big fireplace, it's going to be very cozy. Plus, Mike keeps talking about how he wants a "real" vacation and since I'm not sure he's going to be able to just lay by the pool in December, I figure at least WL has a hot tub and he can sit in there, get a and relax while I'm running around with you crazies I also would like to relax a little bit. We are going in September and will really go commando style then, so it would be nice inbetween JQ and Mousefest meets to relax a little bit and take in some of the amenities. Do you guys think I made the right decision? I think so, it will be worth the extra $ I think and you only live once! Plus we don't have any credit card debt right now (but we may after this trip!!!)
    We really loved WL, I'd stay there in a minute. I just didn't have the money for it this year since we're taking 2 trips. We could look out our window and see the top of the castle. I'm going to miss being so close to MK this year.

Does anyone have any questions? Where is Ken hiding?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like the bird rehab center is open for one more night.... I saw one of our neighborhood cats out and about and that did it for me.... I researched a little bit more online and saw that a bunch of folks would bring the babies in at night and back out to their parents in the morning if they still seemed a bit too young, and "she" definitely does still seem like she fledged a bit early, or something happened to the nest. So, we went out looking for her and found her hopping towards the road... and that made the decision... amidst much protest from her mom & dad, she is cozied in on our porch, fed and will go back out to her parents when we get up. I have a feeling we won't see her after tomorrow, as we're going to be gone part of the day and won't be around to check on her, but I heard our neighbors next door, who have a fenced in yard, have one of her siblings, so I may ask them if they'd mind taking her, and hopefully, it'd make things easier on the mommy & daddy birds, too.

Did you want me to try and find you some this year?
    Thanks for offering, but I think we'll be good with this set... it's a set of three, and I'm just so glad I/she found them!

I can totally understand Blythe and I'm not a mom. It tears me apart seeing those little guys, no matter who they are having to be out in the real world alone. Did that make sense?
    Totally!!

You are so funny!! They'll call you the bird lady instead of the cat lady! I think you would be good at bird rehabilitation too. I don't know a darn thing about it, birds are so foreign to me.

SO, I switched our reservation to WL and for a couple reasons. First of all, I think this would be a wonderful resort to stay at during the holidays. With all the rustic decor and the big fireplace, it's going to be very cozy. Plus, Mike keeps talking about how he wants a "real" vacation and since I'm not sure he's going to be able to just lay by the pool in December, I figure at least WL has a hot tub and he can sit in there, get a and relax while I'm running around with you crazies I also would like to relax a little bit. We are going in September and will really go commando style then, so it would be nice inbetween JQ and Mousefest meets to relax a little bit and take in some of the amenities. Do you guys think I made the right decision?
    ... I can't help it, when it comes to animals, esp. wild baby ones, I'm a sucker for helping, even if it costs me... Dan could tell you some funny tales, and in fact, I'm sure he will someday...

I do... I think your reasons for it are good, esp. if Mike wants to be able to really crash and relax at a nice resort while you're out and about. I think you'll be happy with your decision!

I hope you feel better tomorrow... don't stress too much about the whole receptionist thing, I'm sure it'll iron itself out and you'll find someone far better!!

Does anyone have any questions?
    Yup - can I go to bed now? I think I've had about 9 hrs of sleep since Tuesday morning....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda how's the project going? Blythe I hope the birdie is ok in the morning.
    Carol you don't share candy? I find that hard to believe.

See you all tommorow.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I'll be around sparingly over the next week or two so play nice.
    I knew you couldn't stay away too long...you just like us too much, right?

What an EXHAUSTING couple of days!! BUT, work was successful, safe, and yes, fun.
    I came home late this evening, sat down for just a second, and woke up an hour later....
    I was hoping to take tomorrow off, but have to head out again, at least for a few hours.
    Then next week to Seattle, then the following week looks like a day or two in CA (not far from DL, but no time ).
    So...YES, I will be needing vacation, and YES, December is waaaaaay to long away.

DH and DD should be landing in Las Vegas shortly. Her national bowling tourney is this weekend - send any extra pixie dust for luck. I would love to see her do well!

No time to catch up tonight. Pixie dust to those who need it.
    Mary - good luck on your job interview tomorrow - I know you will do great!

Post Thanks / Like

Evening everyone!

Glad to hear so many of you all are having a good evening. Much rest to all who need it, especially Blythe, Sarah and Cindy.

Mary, have a great time visiting with Terry. Give her our love and you be safe out there. And keep us posted on the interview tomorrow, OK?

Rhonda... Jaime?? hahahaha I'd completely forgotten about that! Hopefully you get a break to come by and play at the party tomorrow.

Cindy, good luck to your daughter! What an accomplishment!

Good luck with all critters and babies and hope everyone has a great night!

I think we're off to bed.
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

pogo Guest

Good morning all.......... on my way for another training meeting. Yesterdays was good, but way too long. But it's something I've got to do for future money !

Travel safe Mary and want some advice about the gas ???
    Try taking Beano before you leave.
    Yeah I thought the word "flexible" was great. Flexible is when you've been at a job two years and you get sick and have to call in, not after TWO days!! Geez
    Or it's when you claim you can bend over and touch your toes...... right Rhonda ?
    Yup - can I go to bed now? I think I've had about 9 hrs of sleep since Tuesday morning....
    I hope you don't make yourself sick by depriving yourself of sleep. That's not enough to keep healthy.
    Carol you don't share candy? I find that hard to believe.
    I don't ! Poor Gilles !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I knew you couldn't stay away too long...you just like us too much, right?
    Wrong !

I love you guys ! I thought you knew that ?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick note to say good morning everyone, I've got coffee and donuts if anyone is interested.

Mary, Have a safe trip.

Sarah, I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Blythe, you are too cute when it comes to the bird. I know what you mean about Hailey maybe choosing not to go on to med school. She knows she wants to be a nurse, at least. I'm so thrilled!

I'm not too big on cofee, anyone have any orange juice?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    DH and DD should be landing in Las Vegas shortly. Her national bowling tourney is this weekend - send any extra pixie dust for luck. I would love to see her do well!
    Sending your DD lots of for this weekend -- I hope she does great!!

I hope you don't make yourself sick by depriving yourself of sleep. That's not enough to keep healthy.
    I know, really I do, and I usually protect my sleep very carefully -- but this time, I needed to keep that baby bird healthy.... funny how certain things just take over your priorities at times! (But I promise I'll "catch up" this weekend! )

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Just a quick note to say good morning everyone, I've got coffee and donuts if anyone is interested.
    I'm VERY interested, thank you very much!!

Well, our baby bird is on his/her way in the big, wide world... the parents were waiting outside our back porch when Dan got up, and when they put the flaps down on the box, she jumped right out and headed over to the screen closest to her mom! So they picked her up and put her back in the box and carried her outside, where she proceeded to jump out again, and headed into the yard, flapping and fluttering and doing all the stuff she's supposed to do. I haven't seen her yet this morning, so I'm assuming our care for her is at an end... but I'm glad to have been able to do even a little bit to help!

Mary, good luck today at your job interview -- I hope it turns out great for you!!

Would anyone like some waffles to go with their coffee??? (silly question around here, I know....)

Well, I'm off to the showers... I hope you guys have a great day, I'll check in later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' Cousin! Morning to all my other peeps too!

It's way muggy here today -- expected to be up to 40 with the humidity (that's about 104) Thank goody goodness for A/C! The lady who looks after the boys does not have A/C, and Euan can't swim right now due to his cast, so they will likely hit one of the many splash pads our town has installed for our kiddies. They actually prefer the winter ... and I think I do too. (Although sun and fun is good too).

I'll have some coffee please Traci ... thanks. Anybody have some Mini-Wheats for me?

Hey Blythe - I am editing since your post is new! Great news about your little bird! I am sorry that your girls will be sad for a while, but you guys have done a really stellar job! Maybe I'll exchange my Mini-Wheats for a waffle...no syrup...maybe some fruit?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Travel safe Mary and want some advice about the gas ???
    Try taking Beano before you leave.
    Cute, very cute.

Blythe, that is so great in regards to your little birdy. Sounds like he/she is going to make it.

Now where did I put that question? I know it's around here somewhere.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, I hope this finds you all doing well. I went to bed around 8:45 last night and was dead asleep by 9:00. Unfortunately the animals at my house wake me up quite a bit during the night, but what're you gonna do? Pinto actually woke me up around 11:45 running through the house, I mean RUNNING. Making laps around and around and around, I don't know what she was doing. It took me awhile to realize it wasn't one of the cats and that she wasn't chasing anyone. Nala was looking at her like she was crazy. So I let them outside and go back to our room and there is her collar (Pinto's) in a million pieces all over our bed. She had chewed the thing to bits and I slept through all that. I guess the running around was to get my attention

So I should be rested and I pretty much am but we have a full day today so I'll need all the help I can get.

Blythe, I'm glad the birdy seems to be doing well. I hope you're able to get some more sleep now!

Well I hope you all have a great day, I'll check in later. I'm going to lunch with my Dad, I haven't seen him in a while, they just got home from Michigan. It will be good to see him again. Have a great morning
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the animals at my house wake me up quite a bit during the night, but what're you gonna do?
    Maybe the stars are out of alignment or something..... Our dogs (Rory and Tate) have been waking between 4 and 5 all week.... clip clop scurrying back and forth between our room and the hall then our room and Harry's room then our room then our bathroom then Euan's room then the hall..... well you get the picture. What's up with that?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: