Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 18

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinkin' again.

You are probably saying, "OH NO!"

I was just thinking about how I love that I have friends here that take it upon themselves for taking care of animals. God bless you as to commit yourselves to this assignment.

I turn in my rental and pick up my wrinkle free Malibu today!
    Do they use Botox for cars with wrinkles?

Good luck in Vegas, Cindy!
    Happy travels to all getting ready to travel!

XOXOXOX
    deb
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it's the humidity with the doggies? Disney was not to bad last night (mostly cause I put him in Will's room which he treats as a major bonus. Except he slept with the wrong end of him on Will's pillow apparently and the boy decided not to move him..does anyone understand dogs or boys?)

I'm pretty sure Sandy slings some OJ our way on a regular basis. Since I'm on coffee duty at the office I'd be glad to make sure we are topped up here as well.

Jenn how many more sleeps? Mary good luck. Pogo stay awake. Blythe get some sleep.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    XOXOXOX
    deb
    Back at you baby! Aren't Malibus really really pretty (and North American ) ? My sister has a smokey blue one. It's beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Do you think it's the humidity with the doggies?
    'cept the A/C is ablowin' this week... I think Rory knows that we're getting ready to go away. He's always been really in tune with that kinda thing....Might have something to do with the suitcases in the playroom? 7 sleepies Nat, then we're off. Anyone else excited yet?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gang! Happy Friday!

Just popping in for a quick chat before I get back to being busy at the office.

Anybody need a road map to the Friday Party today? Here ya go... Happy Birthday Disneyland Party

So... I was really upset yesterday when I came to the realization that our Disneyland trip ended over 30 days ago... and I hadn't ordered any of my photopass pictures. More importantly, they had already expired!! I am always really good about getting in there in a timely manner, and this time, I have zero to show for it. Rob and I wanted to get a least one good one of the two of us (we have a different picture from our camera that came out great of the 3 of us) in front of the castle at night, and now they are all gone. And even the only group shots we have with Rob's cousin that joined us, nope. I am so bummed.

Anyway... that's the latest with me, other then the usual business.

Much love to you all!

See ya later!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' y'all. A rare morning "zoop" for me! I'm preparing to head out with a coworker to have a "chat" with someone, and have a few minutes to spare. Then I will be off the rest of the day!

I got to sleep in until 5:30 this morning! I was beginning to feel like Blythe - trying to see how little sleep I could function on. But thats normal, right?

DD and DH arrived safe and sound in Vegas last night. Today is a "sweeper" (actually, like a fun/practice event for her). The "main event" doesn't start until tomorrow.

Do you think I can talk my coworker into hitting the Starbucks on the way this morning? Catcha later.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about how I love that I have friends here that take it upon themselves for taking care of animals. God bless you as to commit yourselves to this assignment.

XOXOXOX
    deb
    You are so sweet, thanks for saying that!! On that note, I'm headed tomorrow to another big dog hike in the moutains. Remember the one I did last month with Loretta and it almost killed me? Yep, I'm gonna do it again. I really hope this time with Yogi, the boxer/great dane mix that I met with last weekend. We'll see how it goes this time, gonna make sure I have my good shoes!!

So the whole thing with the WL didn't work out The TA said they didn't have a room available standard or courtyard for the 10th at all. I don't want to be moving all around so I kept it at the POP. I figure if something comes up between now and December I'll switch, if not, we'll just take what we've got. I would like to save the money but Mike keeps talking about his "real" vacation and I thought it would be a nice upgrade for him. I'll keep you guys posted.

Talk to you guys later BIG !!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, has anyone seen or heard from Ellen??

Ellen.. where are you, darlin???
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Too true... and I'm sure it happens everywhere, but to see people annoyed at a child's wonderment (at Disney of all places... ) really irks me. (Unless, of course, that display of wonderment is out of control and distracting, etc... ) Anyway, I totally know what you mean... we've got a town nearby that just screams "look at me, we've got $$$$ here" and lots of folks that live there are very snobby and think they're "all that"... they pride themselves on being "New England-like"... well, for someone who's spent most of her life visiting and living in New England, I just have to laugh when I'm there, b/c compared to true New England towns, they aren't all that much to write home about! So, we just enjoy going there for the ambiance and ignore the attitude.
    I thought we were the only ones that noticed that attitude??? I've even had ppl on this site tell me they want to hear from their NE friends only Some treat you like you're stupid b/c you're from the south... when ignorance is truly when you can't remember that the world is round. We had friends from Boston who were astonished that there were smart ppl down here. Like your IQ goes down when you move south...

I wish my need for a Disney fix was going to be appeased as soon as you guys are getting one... we've still got 144 days to go!!
    It will fly by...

So, we signed a release and all was well -- well, she e-mailed me yesterday that she found them, and I purchased them today!! Yeah!!! I wanted them SO badly... they were the one souveneir I really liked. So I am SO excited!!
    So glad you found them. I remember them... I don't remember if I bought them.. I think I did. I'm excited to be going back for MVMCP this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I figure at least WL has a hot tub and he can sit in there, get a beer and relax while I'm running around with you crazies I also would like to relax a little bit.
    Hope you are feeling better but I'm a little confused??? what crazies?? I thought this was going to be a fun trip not work???
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I'm bad....I don't share my candy.

We really loved WL, I'd stay there in a minute. I just didn't have the money for it this year since we're taking 2 trips. We could look out our window and see the top of the castle. I'm going to miss being so close to MK this year.

Does anyone have any questions? Where is Ken hiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I love you guys ! I thought you knew that ?
    ? glad to see you dropping by..

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Just a quick note to say good morning everyone, I've got coffee and donuts if anyone is interested.
    I started this answer at breakfast and it's already time for lunch..I'm ready for my diet dr. pepper...

Well, our baby bird is on his/her way in the big, wide world... the parents were waiting outside our back porch when Dan got up, and when they put the flaps down on the box, she jumped right out and headed over to the screen closest to her mom! So they picked her up and put her back in the box and carried her outside, where she proceeded to jump out again, and headed into the yard, flapping and fluttering and doing all the stuff she's supposed to do. I haven't seen her yet this morning, so I'm assuming our care for her is at an end... but I'm glad to have been able to do even a little bit to help!
    Well, I'm off to the showers... I hope you guys have a great day, I'll check in later!!
    Great job with the bird.. sounds like you've earned your wings
    I haven't been a friend of the birds lately.. First I fight them for the figs now we are fighting over the grapes.
    I just picked a bunch of scupper-noggs they are so tasty anyone want some....

Can anyone help me with this "mean" stuff here?
    Ok, Angel teases me..... yesterday she sends me a text
    "hahaha... I'm going to Orange Beach and you're not"
    to which I reply
    "ha ha..two weeks... Savannah view... "
    She claims I'm mean I thought that was how the game worked?? I'm merely stating a fact and she started it.. IF you can't stand the heat...
    There are so many people missing...

Have a great day all....
    Hey Pogo you can come out of hiding ... I'll be gone after this week...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, I hope this finds you all doing well. I went to bed around 8:45 last night and was dead asleep by 9:00.

So I should be rested and I pretty much am but we have a full day today so I'll need all the help I can get.

Blythe, I'm glad the birdy seems to be doing well. I hope you're able to get some more sleep now!
    Glad to hear the sleep helped, even if your pups kept you up a bit! Aren't animals so good at that?? If they're up, well then, we should be too!!

Hope today goes well for you.... are you guys going to be looking for another receptionist?

Me too... haven't seen her yet today, although I do see the parent hopping around w/ worms, so I know she's somewhere! The rehab person I talked to said they use the food to "move" the babies... teach them to follow to safe spots, etc. So, hopefully, that's what they're doing!

Happy travels to all getting ready to travel!
    Thanks Deb!!

Yeah!! Malibu's are so nice... I saw a really pretty one yesterday, right in front of me in traffic, a black one. Sweet....

I wish.... not 'til August.... 34 days.... then we get to head "home" to Maine for 4 days. I can't wait!!!!!

Blythe get some sleep.
    I'll try... but not tonight, I'm headed in to work. So, I'll sleep in a little tomorrow afternoon, although Dan's headed out to play golf, so maybe not as long as I'd like... and church is early on Sunday, and then we're off to the beach.... hmmm... maybe I'll sleep-in Monday morning??? (or on the beach, maybe... although I'm not too good at that, I'm too much of a busy body... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    7 sleepies Nat, then we're off. Anyone else excited yet?
    You bet -- I'm super excited for you!! Can't wait to see the pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Hey Gang! Happy Friday!

So... I was really upset yesterday when I came to the realization that our Disneyland trip ended over 30 days ago... and I hadn't ordered any of my photopass pictures. More importantly, they had already expired!! I am so bummed.
    Jamie!

Have you tried calling them, or sending an e-mail through their "contact us" link? I had problems accessing the site when we got back last year, and was past the date when I finally figured out what I was doing wrong... they were very gracious and e-mailed me back, extending my date by a week. I'm not sure if that's standard, but it's worth a shot!! Sending you some that it'll work...

So the whole thing with the WL didn't work out. The TA said they didn't have a room available standard or courtyard for the 10th at all. I don't want to be moving all around so I kept it at the POP. I figure if something comes up between now and December I'll switch, if not, we'll just take what we've got. I would like to save the money but Mike keeps talking about his "real" vacation and I thought it would be a nice upgrade for him. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Sorry to hear about that.... I hope someone cancels b/w now and then and you guys can slip in!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I thought we were the only ones that noticed that attitude??? I've even had ppl on this site tell me they want to hear from their NE friends only. Some treat you like you're stupid b/c you're from the south... when ignorance is truly when you can't remember that the world is round. We had friends from Boston who were astonished that there were smart ppl down here. Like your IQ goes down when you move south...

I just picked a bunch of scupper-noggs they are so tasty anyone want some....
    Isn't that just the silliest thing? I totally know what you mean... and it isn't even about the money, either... we have tons of friends who make more than we do, and it doesn't matter at all... they could care less, and so do we. It's just the attitude people carry, regardless of $$ or where they live... like they're superior for some reason none of us can figure out. Drives me nuts....

So - anyone else glad it's FRIDAY??? Even though I'm working tonight, it still feels good, knowing I'll be able to relax with Dan and the girls tomorrow and Sunday. I hope you all are having an excellent day!!! I'm off to do some grocery shopping....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me with this "mean" stuff here?
    Ok, Angel teases me..... yesterday she sends me a text
    "hahaha... I'm going to Orange Beach and you're not"
    to which I reply
    "ha ha..two weeks... Savannah view... "
    She claims I'm mean I thought that was how the game worked?? I'm merely stating a fact and she started it.. IF you can't stand the heat...
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. Me, I'm just REALLY glad it's Friday. Busy, tough week.
    Have a good day gang, and an even better weekend if I don't get back here.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Hope everyone is having a good Friday. Me, I'm just REALLY glad it's Friday. Busy, tough week.
    I hope your weekend is spectacular.

Would a cookie help?

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't a cookie always help Jenn? Scott since Alex hasn't been around and neither has Ken is should even be a whole cookie.

Blythe that's a busy weekend! I'm thinking of hitting a beach too but haven't made up my mind. Do you think it would be a good idea or should we just hang out in the house with the AC? And maybe watch some movies or something.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, I am just checking in while I have a few minutes of calm before the proverbial storm hits! Last night my aunt that I had mentioned earlier that wasn't doing well finally passed away. Even though it is difficult to lose a loved one the way she went was really as nice as you can get.

My uncle decided that her hair was mussed and that my Aunt would hate to be seen like that so he started brushing her hair. Then, just as he finished he laid the brush down, touched her cheek and said to her "now you look as beautiful as the day I married you." With that she took two big breaths of air and passed away. Talk about a touching moment!! I know he didn't mean to do it to us but we were all in tears after that!

So why is it that everything always happens at once? Of course the most important thing we have coming up is the viewing on Sunday and burial on Monday in southern Kentucky for my Aunt. But we also have our local 4-H Fair opening tonight and running the next 8 days that our family is always heavily involved with. Then the next week we have a street festival called Strassenfest that takes place in front of my wife's costume store which means we have to be involved in that. And then the first full week in August we have our annual week long trek to Indianapolis for the Indiana State Fair where my son shows rabbits and participates in a variety of other activities! and then our 11 year old starts school on August 13! Can you say crazy?

Of course, with the condition of my back I am not entirely certain how many of those things I will actually do but I know that I will have to push as hard as I can! Anyway, if you don't hear much from me before the end of August you will know why!

So everyone be good and have fun while I am gone. OK, maybe that is too much to ask so how about just have fun?

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper, thanks for sharing such a beautiful moment with us. for you and your family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Of course, with the condition of my back I am not entirely certain how many of those things I will actually do but I know that I will have to push as hard as I can! Anyway, if you don't hear much from me before the end of August you will know why!
    I hope that you are able to do everything you want to. for luck! Even with a great back, would anyone be able to get all that done????

Post Thanks / Like

So the whole thing with the WL didn't work out
    I didn't have a chance to post my 2 cents but all I can say is if it's meant to work out it will. Have you considered any other resort as an alternative to upgrade to? I think it's good you'll be saving the money.......$$$$$ 400 is a good chunk o' change!!!

Hey Pogo you can come out of hiding ... I'll be gone after this week...
    Where are you going???

So - anyone else glad it's FRIDAY???
    I am! I am! Nothing concrete planned...but with all the traveling and out of town visitors the past 1.5 months....we're ready to just CHILL!

Blythe that's a busy weekend! I'm thinking of hitting a beach too but haven't made up my mind. Do you think it would be a good idea or should we just hang out in the house with the AC? And maybe watch some movies or something.
    AC+movies = sounds PERFECT! (ps. don't forget )

Then, just as he finished he laid the brush down, touched her cheek and said to her "now you look as beautiful as the day I married you." With that she took two big breaths of air and passed away.
    That made my heart drop. It reminds me of the movie The Notebook. to you!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper - my thoughts, prayers and sympathy to you and your family!

Quick zoop.. off work today.. been busy running errands since tomorrow dh and I have volunteered to help at the Free christian concert in the park... it's Jaci Velazquez... she's a wonderful singer. dh and I will be manning her personal table. It's gonna be HOT out there so we bought a couple of misting fans to take with us. I'm sure I'll sweat several pounds off. Tonight we're heading over to the Balloon Festival/competition that's in town for the weekend (I'll think of you Pogo!).. should be fun!

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend! PIxie dust to all who need it... hugs to everyone!

Oops.. didn't get a question in.. um...who turned off the air condition?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper a truly touching story. Your agenda sounds over packed for. Please be careful of your back ok?

Di make sure to bring lots of water with you ok?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Hey Gang! Happy Friday!
    So... I was really upset yesterday when I came to the realization that our Disneyland trip ended over 30 days ago... and I hadn't ordered any of my photopass pictures. More importantly, they had already expired!! I am always really good about getting in there in a timely manner, and this time, I have zero to show for it. Rob and I wanted to get a least one good one of the two of us (we have a different picture from our camera that came out great of the 3 of us) in front of the castle at night, and now they are all gone. And even the only group shots we have with Rob's cousin that joined us, nope. I am so bummed.
    Jamie, I'm so sorry to hear about your photopass pics. Did you try to call them anyway??? I guess this means you have to go back sooner than planned....
    Do they use Botox for cars with wrinkles?
    Glad you got your car back... Let's hope it wasn't botox b/c that doesn't last very long...
    have a great weekend... so sorry you didn't get to see Alex...
    So the whole thing with the WL didn't work out The TA said they didn't have a room available standard or courtyard for the 10th at all. I don't want to be moving all around so I kept it at the POP. I figure if something comes up between now and December I'll switch, if not, we'll just take what we've got. I would like to save the money but Mike keeps talking about his "real" vacation and I thought it would be a nice upgrade for him. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Talk to you guys later BIG !!!!
    So sorry your WL thing didn't pan out for you. Maybe something special is up the road a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
    and just which adjective is the one you used to refer to me????

Last night my aunt that I had mentioned earlier that wasn't doing well finally passed away. Even though it is difficult to lose a loved one the way she went was really as nice as you can get.
    Sending prayers and for you and yours. I hope you manage to get through it all, the support of loved ones helps so much..
    Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Where are you going???
    That made my heart drop. It reminds me of the movie The Notebook. hug to you!
    I leave a week from Sunday for my vacation w/ my dd to the Bahamas and WDW. Will you miss me.. Speaking of the notebook, have you read any of Nicolas Sparks' other books??
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Oops.. didn't get a question in.. um...who turned off the air condition?
    WHAT NO A/C???? no wonder we can't find everyone... Poor Marilyn must have passed out w/ that desert heat...

So what do you do to keep cool? Anyone up for a nice cool smoothie?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Jasper - my thoughts, prayers and sympathy to you and your family!
    It's gonna be HOT out there so we bought a couple of misting fans to take with us. I'm sure I'll sweat several pounds off.
    Isn't it fun to get on the scales after a hot day out in the sun and watch that dial land lower than normal? I know it is only temporary but I still do it just for a boost to my self confidence! Of course I don't bother to check it again after I rehydrate because I don't want to know the real truth!!

Jasper a truly touching story. Your agenda sounds over packed for. Please be careful of your back ok?
    Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts, prayers, well wishes and, of course, pixie dust! It certainly is nice to have people that will listen when times are tough! I hope I can return the favor for all of you when it is needed!

And as for the back, I can guarantee you that my wife is harder on me about what I am suppose to be doing and not doing than I am. While neither of us has truly accepted the full reality of what I am not suppose to be doing she is usually better about telling me to quit doing whatever I am doing than I am. Believe me, this has been the point of many VERY LOUD conversations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I hope your weekend is spectacular.

Would a cookie help?
    A cookie always helps. Thanks!

and just which adjective is the one you used to refer to me????
    Um, the good one?

Jasper, my condolences to you and your family.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: