Quantcast Our experiences booking FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our experiences booking FP+

Please, please forgive me for starting a new FP+ thread! I wasn't sure if there was an existing one I should add this to. Mods, if you feel it should be merged with another, please feel free.

I just wanted to share our experiences so far. We were able to book our FP+ reservations at the end of Feb. Of course, I was sick as a dog!! But, I jumped in and did my best. I probably don't need to reiterate the mystifying shortcomings of the WDW website. What I wouldn't give to have them pump some cash into improving that. Anyway!

First run experience. As has been pointed out, you're forced to select three at a time and they're offered up in four time blocks, you choose the one you think is the best. None of our options were ideal and I chose the best I could. It was interesting to note that it did not avoid times when we had meal reservations booked, but it did note when there was a conflict.

Second run. We went back to it several days later when DH and I could look at it together and my brain was actually working. I thought there would be nothing left to choose from, but to our surprise, everything was available and it looked like every possible time was open to us when we went back in to change them individually. Why the site doesn't just let you choose them that way in the first place, I don't know.

Positives: We are going to ride, for the first time EVER, Toy Story Mania. As DH put it, "That better be a great ride." LOL! We were able to get passes for all of our must do rides throughout our time there. I thought HS would be tiered, but I was able to get RNRC and TOT on the same day.

Negatives: The first run through is a waste of time if you have to go back and tweak almost everything. It added stress to our planning process because we had to actually sit there and think about where we might be in each park throughout the day. Not something we'd normally do. We typically go to WDW for about 10 days and will maybe get 3 FPs throughout the entire trip. Now we have 3 for almost every day we're there and I don't know how many of those we will actually use.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the status update. I had no difficulty booking fastpass+ (though I wish I hadn't felt like I needed to) but, for us, the big issue happened after arrival when all of our fastpass+ options for 2 became fastpass+ options for 1. Mine remained - my husband's mysteriously disappeared and we needed to sit with someone from concierge for about 1/2 hour so she could re-create my husband's fastpass+ reservations - in some cases, the best she could do was to get them to overlap. For the rest of our trip, I could do nothing with them because I could no longer see his on my account and I dared change nothing for fear they would all disappear again!! (Plus I did not want to waste more vacation time with concierge assistance!!).
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. I am not looking forward to picking for our group. We are a group of twelve which range in age from 5-83. Hopefully the process goes smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like

Were you able to get FP's back to back or close?

EX: 1:00-2:00pm Space mountain, 2:20-3:20pm Splash Mountain
    or did you have to space them out ...???

I'm talking about AFTER you fine tuned it...

I'm pretty sure Disney will space them out so you have more time to eat and shop (in the park) between attractions. And discourage knocking off 3 rides early then hitting another park.

Going in June, making FP+'s at my 60 Day mark like you... Your information is VERY helpful... nice job
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    Were you able to get FP's back to back or close?

EX: 1:00-2:00pm Space mountain, 2:20-3:20pm Splash Mountain
    or did you have to space them out ...???

I'm talking about AFTER you fine tuned it...

I'm pretty sure Disney will space them out so you have more time to eat and shop (in the park) between attractions. And discourage knocking off 3 rides early then hitting another park.

Going in June, making FP+'s at my 60 Day mark like you... Your information is VERY helpful... nice job
    I used FP a little over a week ago. For the most part I was able to fine tune mine so I had 1 FP every hour. It worked better for me to have them all together and then be able to spend the rest of my day however we wanted.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Great... I was hoping for that option..
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to do back to back times on the fine tuning as well. There was one case where I went in and changed one of just DH's FPs too. He wants to do Mission Space, the rest of us are going on something else, and we were able to keep it all for the same time slot.

Faline, that's another thing that I felt was a negative. We felt like we HAD to make selections for most days. I'm hoping this is just like the early days of advanced dining reservations. We felt like we had to do those too, and now we just make a few and don't stress about it. As DH pointed out during this process, we do almost all walk-ons for every trip and never have much of a wait. So, overall, we're not going to stress about our selections.

Post Thanks / Like

What a headache! I was starting to think that maybe I'll return to WDW instead of staying in CA this year. But reading this makes me wish I could read the announcement: Legacy Fastpass to Return!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why they make you choose from 4 options, and not just select the times you want from the get go.

We have 7 day passes, and the system never have us exactly what we wanted. So, for each day, we had to make changes. And, you can only change one ride at a time.

I would think this would cause undo work for the system, and certainly for the guest.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Negatives: The first run through is a waste of time if you have to go back and tweak almost everything. It added stress to our planning process because we had to actually sit there and think about where we might be in each park throughout the day.

I had the same initial reaction as you on this point. However, it finally occurred to me that those 4 proposed schedules could be a lifesaver for newbies. Hopefully, WDW is taking into consideration where the attractions are, and how long it would take you to walk from Splash Mountain to Space Mountain, for example. Although people like us will go back and tweak it the way we like it, a newbie probably just takes one of the proposed schedules and runs with it. I can't imagine having to make all of these decisions back on one of our first few trips!!!
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    I had the same initial reaction as you on this point. However, it finally occurred to me that those 4 proposed schedules could be a lifesaver for newbies. Hopefully, WDW is taking into consideration where the attractions are, and how long it would take you to walk from Splash Mountain to Space Mountain, for example. Although people like us will go back and tweak it the way we like it, a newbie probably just takes one of the proposed schedules and runs with it. I can't imagine having to make all of these decisions back on one of our first few trips!!!
    Good point! I could totally understand that being the case. However, (and this is where an improved website would come in) it seems a better set up would be to ask the guest if they want to customize their selections, or if they'd like to be given the 4 blocks of suggestions to choose from. And, as someone else pointed out, not have to go through the whole process for each day/ride, but to have your whole itinerary viewable and be able to make changes from there. Not making any final judgements here, because I know this is a whole new system. This is all just my opinion and feedback on what I've had to do so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    What a headache! I was starting to think that maybe I'll return to WDW instead of staying in CA this year. But reading this makes me wish I could read the announcement: Legacy Fastpass to Return!
    So sorry! I really did not want to stress anyone out. I was just hoping to help someone else understand what it all looked like when I went through it. Certainly, it wasn't the most user-friendly set up, but hopefully that will improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    I'm not sure why they make you choose from 4 options, and not just select the times you want from the get go.

We have 7 day passes, and the system never have us exactly what we wanted. So, for each day, we had to make changes. And, you can only change one ride at a time.

I would think this would cause undo work for the system, and certainly for the guest.
    Hey... given the drastic change in the overall system I'm just glad we CAN change if needed/wanted.. I will be real interested when Easter and Spring Break crowds roll in. I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more grips than cheers.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Please, please forgive me for starting a new FP+ thread! I wasn't sure if there was an existing one I should add this to. Mods, if you feel it should be merged with another, please feel free.

I just wanted to share our experiences so far. We were able to book our FP+ reservations at the end of Feb. Of course, I was sick as a dog!! But, I jumped in and did my best. I probably don't need to reiterate the mystifying shortcomings of the WDW website. What I wouldn't give to have them pump some cash into improving that. Anyway!

First run experience. As has been pointed out, you're forced to select three at a time and they're offered up in four time blocks, you choose the one you think is the best. None of our options were ideal and I chose the best I could. It was interesting to note that it did not avoid times when we had meal reservations booked, but it did note when there was a conflict.

Second run. We went back to it several days later when DH and I could look at it together and my brain was actually working. I thought there would be nothing left to choose from, but to our surprise, everything was available and it looked like every possible time was open to us when we went back in to change them individually. Why the site doesn't just let you choose them that way in the first place, I don't know.

Positives: We are going to ride, for the first time EVER, Toy Story Mania. As DH put it, "That better be a great ride." LOL! We were able to get passes for all of our must do rides throughout our time there. I thought HS would be tiered, but I was able to get RNRC and TOT on the same day.

Negatives: The first run through is a waste of time if you have to go back and tweak almost everything. It added stress to our planning process because we had to actually sit there and think about where we might be in each park throughout the day. Not something we'd normally do. We typically go to WDW for about 10 days and will maybe get 3 FPs throughout the entire trip. Now we have 3 for almost every day we're there and I don't know how many of those we will actually use.
    VBs - Thank you for the walk through as our 60 days is almost here and I know there will be MUCH gnashing of teeth, but this helps me be BETTER prepared.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this. DD and I can make our FP+ on Sunday and it's been causing me so much anxiety LOL Glad to have your input.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome guys! Knowing what to expect usually saves me a lot of anxiety.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: