Quantcast iPad Mini Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

Question iPad Mini Question

The screen to my iPad Mini cracked and we don't have a warrenty for it. I went to the Apple store and they said the only way to "repair" it is to get a brand new one, and they can do that for $219. Lucky me!

So...is Apple lying to me or is there a way to get the screen repaired from a mom and pop shop? I have a special engraving on the back and I don't want to lose that, in addition to feeding Apple my money. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you intent is to keep the engraved part then there are places that will repair it for you, even some online. If you looking to do it to save money the cost of the screen is not the issue but the way they put it on. If you have a local place it can't hurt to see what they will do for you and what they would charge. Good luck!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently passed a kiosk in the mall that touts repairing broken screens for the Iphones and Pads.

It was less than $50 bucks.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

less than $50 ? I find that hard to believe but .. I paid $99( mom and pop) to replace my ipad 2 screen last year. Is it possible there is more damage than just the glass ? if so then the $219 is about right .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paymerich View Post
    less than $50 ? I find that hard to believe but .. I paid $99( mom and pop) to replace my ipad 2 screen last year. Is it possible there is more damage than just the glass ? if so then the $219 is about right .
    Yes, cracked iPad and iPhone screens are relatively inexpensive to repair, at least compared to how much it used to be. I even see companies offering groupons for it for $25 or so. Not so sure about the mini iPads--seems like the newer the device the higher the price to have it repaired.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Its actually pretty easy to do yourself if you are somewhat mechanical. You can buy the screens on ebay or amazon for $15 to $35 and they usually come with the tools you need. The trick is the little "zip" tool that you get in between the screen and the bezel to "zip" the screen out with. Once you have it out of the bezel, it is simple.

I am sure there are youtube how to videos you could watch but it is extremely simple. The first time I ever took the screen out of an ipod it only took me maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

This is very useful information! Thank you all.

So that Apple employee was flat-out lying to my face. Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brass Bonanza View Post

So that Apple employee was flat-out lying to my face. Nice!
    Yes, basically or just ignorant of the fact they can be repaired easily. I can't imagine someone working there doesn't know they can be repaired. They probably aren't allowed to discuss it since they do not repair them and they are required to pitch replacing it instead.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: