Quantcast NextGen, Magic Band, and FP+ - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a parenting forum. So let's cool it!

Nuf said. Time to get back to the topic or move on to another one..
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope those that are going soon and in the future (next few months) report back how it went and more real, actual details about what they experienced.

Like I said I am waiting to see what it is all really about, and experience myself before I make a decision if I like it or not.

I hope that we are able to maybe have the wristbands and still not do the checking in ahead of time.
    I kind of like checking in when I get there. I like talking to the castmember and all that stuff. Plus this time we have 2 rooms, and my cousin is coming ( his own ressie, but noted he is with us) and was planning on standing in line & checking in together.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Default subtraction by addition

I totally agree with DizneyFreak2002. Poor old Walt is probably spinning in his grave. His parks were supposed to be for families to enjoy. Now, unless you have totally planned to the nth degree months ahead of time, you are left out in the cold.
    Have an apple dearie.
    "Adventure is Out There!"

DLR 1960.62,64
    NYWF 1965
    WDW 1976,85.92,98 off property
    WDW 2001,04 off property
    POP 2007,08,10
    CBR 2012

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

When are the MagicBands supposed to be rolled out? We are going the 1st week of March and staying at Kidani Village. Curious to know whether I should expect these or not.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    There were excruciatingly long standby lines long before the advent of Fastpass -- and Fastpass+. For many people, their most vivod memories of visiting Walt Disney World are from waiting in line. It's nostalgic for some folks. It seems like these days, people ignore the fact that Space Mountain has had a 90-minute long line for decades.

You didn't miss Toy Story Mania because you couldn't get a Fastpass. You didn't ride because you balked at the wait time.
    YES!!!!!! I think the waiting in the lines and looking at all the detail that Disney puts in is part of the Disney experience. I do like to do fastpass when trying to get on something quick but I am willing to wait 60min to ride any ride because that is the experience!
    1985ish, 1991,1994
    2003 CBR took husband for first time "Honeymoon"
    2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2007 POR, 2009 All-Star Movies, 2010 Pop, 2012 May POP,
    2014 August 10-17 CBR

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    Am I the only one out here who misses the days of just going to the parks and doing everything on the fly? Or am I just wierd?

Maybe it's because I am a several times repeat guest. I will occassionally do a FP, I rarely make an ADR, and I had no problem with the way things were.

Call me weird too!! I do some planning, but I never over-plan. One of the best vacations I've ever had was the one where we decided to go to our CBR bus stop each day and let Disney transport plan our day. We took the first bus that came. Amazingly, we did this four days in a row, and each day a different theme bus came along.

We have never over-planned ADRs. On each trip we typically eat 2-3 TS meals. Now with so many offerings at CS locations, we've been very lucky with our choices. We concentrate on "winging it" when it comes to meals; over the years, we've also been quite lucky with walk-ups at several TS locations. But, this is much easier if you're traveling with a small group.

As you can tell by my signature, I'm a long-time repeat guest.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    This service already exists. And they are like having your own personal FP as they get you to the front of the line for all attarctions as well. I don't know what the cost is though.
    About $125/hr or more....not a viable option for most people
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    This isn't a parenting forum. So let's cool it!

Nuf said. Time to get back to the topic or move on to another one..
    Thank you....

Ok, so if this takes effect before I go in march, where do I reserve my fast passes? Online or via my iPhone App?
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

I have two questions - in case anyone has answers

1. Does this wristband work with DVC?

2. What if you are two families traveling together and want to make one ADR for the combined total? Same with the FPs - you all want to go on the ride together......

We have a large group heading (20 ppl) down in July.

Would the wristbands accommodate this?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell1981 View Post
    YES!!!!!! I think the waiting in the lines and looking at all the detail that Disney puts in is part of the Disney experience. I do like to do fastpass when trying to get on something quick but I am willing to wait 60min to ride any ride because that is the experience!
    Maybe this is one of the reasons for all the interactive queues going in....They know that with the advent of the FastPass+ system queues will be getting a lot longer.......

I'm just glad that I never visit during "busy" times!!! For the most part, the queues are short for all but a few attractions (TSMM, Soarin', Peter Pan....)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    I have two questions - in case anyone has answers

1. Does this wristband work with DVC?

2. What if you are two families traveling together and want to make one ADR for the combined total? Same with the FPs - you all want to go on the ride together......

The DVC member site has been rolled over to match the new WDW site so it is in prep for the wristbands.

You will still be able to make ADR's for 20 but I would guess you need to call as you do now.

As far as the FP's, I would think you would be allowed to get FP for those on your reservation. I've been noticing that the new site allows you to choose who in your travel party is eating on a given reservation (by checking the mickey heads) so maybe FP is going to work the same way. No idea how this will work for those not staying on-site.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Just some more information about the implementation:

According to Tom Staggs:

The MyMagic+ system (including FP+) will be implemented SLOWLY over the "next several months." It will be in a "test and adjust" period for quite awhile, according to Staggs.

Sources have said that the system will be tested INITIALLY at the Boardwalk Inn (NOT the Villas though), due to its small size. It stands to reason that it will roll out from there, likely first to all the Deluxe resorts and DVC and then down the line to the Moderates and Values.

There is no definite timeline for this system to be fully operational at all resorts, so unless anyone is staying at Boardwalk Inn in the near future, don't expect this to be up and running quite yet.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post

Don't know about the FPs. I read somewhere that someone got two different FP times when they used FP+ for their extended family.

Regarding ADRs for 20 people, in the past when we've had a large group, we have called the group dining number for our ADRs. A CM at the regular dining number gave us the phone number.

On another issue, we have had problems with the magnetic strip on the KTTW cards so I searched around to see how sturdy are the RFID chips. Apparently there are 4 different types of chips, depending on how interactive they are. Read only passive chips have been described as costing 50 cents each altho I suppose Disney is getting a deep discount, if these are the chips they're using.

I did discover that the chip can become unreliable if it detaches from the supporting medium - which can happen if it is exposed to vibration and humidity.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I SO agree with MargaretMessler and Sylvia!!

It kills me to see people overplan and make the trip more of a job or boot camp. I wing it every trip. I have things I want to see/ride/eat, but do it whenever I get around to it, or have the opportunity. I rarely wait long in a line, I am never bored, and I always get everything done. I almost never make an ADR either. Have only done it twice, and all other times have been able to walk up and eat, even at TS foodaries. Take a chill pill and let it happen, is my advice. I might give the new system a go, but I am fine without it, and suspect many out there can too.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post

It kills me to see people overplan and make the trip more of a job or boot camp. I wing it every trip. I have things I want to see/ride/eat, but do it whenever I get around to it, or have the opportunity. I rarely wait long in a line, I am never bored, and I always get everything done. I almost never make an ADR either. Have only done it twice, and all other times have been able to walk up and eat, even at TS foodaries. Take a chill pill and let it happen, is my advice. I might give the new system a go, but I am fine without it, and suspect many out there can too.
    I've actually been denied eating at a place because I didn't have a reservation, so it does happen.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post

Looking at your 4 most recent visit dates, I can understand why these programs have little appeal or effect on your visit. For many of us who have to travel during the summer during peak or near-peak times, things like ADRs are a necessity if you want to eat at a TS at a decent hour. As far as FP goes, I found on my last trip (Aug 12) they helped avoid what would easily have been several hours in standby lines for a few rides which gave us the opportunity to visit some of the less popular attractions. (TR, COP, TTA)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Looking at your 4 most recent visit dates, I can understand why these programs have little appeal or effect on your visit. For many of us who have to travel during the summer during peak or near-peak times, things like ADRs are a necessity if you want to eat at a TS at a decent hour. As far as FP goes, I found on my last trip (Aug 12) they helped avoid what would easily have been several hours in standby lines for a few rides which gave us the opportunity to visit some of the less popular attractions. (TR, COP, TTA)
    sure, but i have sworn off peak times for good. nothing about the heat, crowds, or lines is in any way appealing to me. i get it, i do. it's just the OVERplanning that makes me shake my head. Everyone has their way that works, and that's cool.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I feel like people are being a little over dramatic about this. I did initially realize the problem here with fast passes but realize that even as guests who attend regularly, Disney still knows their stuff about their parks. We have always gotten our panties in a ruffle over changes, in the past, and it rarely comes of anything that is worth getting upset over.. I was there for marathon weekend and I thought the new systems were a lot faster. There were no lines ever on the resort side, while us with our passholders were fighting to get through the line with the locals and the off property guests. I think Disney knows a thing or two about all of this and if the fast passes become a huge problem, they will fix the issue, just like they did with ADRs and I remember us getting upset about online reservation systems...well last week I got walked in to every restaurant I ate at, INCLUDING BE OUR GUEST. It was one of the most magical trips ever! I love Disney so Im gonna give them a little faith and trust in exchange for a little bit of pixie dust.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    The DVC member site has been rolled over to match the new WDW site so it is in prep for the wristbands.

You will still be able to make ADR's for 20 but I would guess you need to call as you do now.

As far as the FP's, I would think you would be allowed to get FP for those on your reservation. I've been noticing that the new site allows you to choose who in your travel party is eating on a given reservation (by checking the mickey heads) so maybe FP is going to work the same way. No idea how this will work for those not staying on-site.
    Thanks so much for the info.

I'm calling for dining tomorrow - I will also ask them my questions.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Don't know about the FPs. I read somewhere that someone got two different FP times when they used FP+ for their extended family.

Regarding ADRs for 20 people, in the past when we've had a large group, we have called the group dining number for our ADRs. A CM at the regular dining number gave us the phone number.

On another issue, we have had problems with the magnetic strip on the KTTW cards so I searched around to see how sturdy are the RFID chips. Apparently there are 4 different types of chips, depending on how interactive they are. Read only passive chips have been described as costing 50 cents each altho I suppose Disney is getting a deep discount, if these are the chips they're using.

I did discover that the chip can become unreliable if it detaches from the supporting medium - which can happen if it is exposed to vibration and humidity.

Jan
    Thanks for the response.

Was talking with the family last night - we'd only take advantage of booking the FP for those long line attractions (Toy Story Mania, Soarin and the 3 Mountains at MK) - the rest we'll do it like we did before - looking at the wait times.

I believe that you need some spontaneity in order to experience the magic at WDW.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: