Quantcast Plex and Lettripp's Epic Honeymoon! Part 3 - Epcot and MK EMH

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plex and Lettripp's Epic Honeymoon! Part 3 - Epcot and MK EMH

Sunday, Epcot and MK EMH

Cast:
    Plex - Paul - DH
    Lettripp - Lauryn - Wife!

We decided not to set an alarm for this morning. We knew we wanted to visit Magic Kingdom that night for extra magic hours and had our minds’ set on a more casual approach to Disney this trip. We finally rose around 9am and took our time getting out of the room. We grabbed bagels in the room that we had purchased at Dunkin’ on the way in (best idea ever btw) and headed to the monorail. After a pleasant and quick tour of Future World on our transportation device of choice, we headed into our favorite park.

When we got in, we grabbed fast passes for Soarin’ and headed to our old favorite, Living With the Land. I don’t know why, but this never gets old. It is just so stinkin’ cool! We then headed out and browsed around our favorites of Future World. We walked on to Figment and actually had our own ride vehicle… yea. No one else was on any of the four cars with us. Absolutely ridiculous. We got off our Journey into Imagination and headed to Captain E.O. Neither of us could remember the ride form when we were kids so we were curious to see what it was all about… and as Paul is a lover of all things sci-fi (including Mystery Science Theater) we laughed our butts off the entire time. It was wonderfully bad in so many ways. By the time we got out of the show, it was time for Soarin’ and lunch at the Seasons. We always love eating there because everything just tastes so fresh and high quality for quick service.

After lunch we grabbed fast passes for Test Track, made our way to Spaceship Earth and on the way stopped to listen to the Jamitors. After the ride we headed to the World Showcase for desert… my all time favorite Disney snack EVER: School Bread! We then rode Maelstorm and headed back via Mexico, making sure to hit the Three Cabilleros and take note to return to the Tequila Bar another day when it wasn’t so early. We also had our first Duffy encounter and snagged a photo opportunity when there was no line at all.

On the way back to Test Track we stopped at Mousegears so Paul could get his wedding present. We agreed before the wedding that rather than giving each other a gift that morning, we would by each other one really special souvenir at Disney as our wedding gifts to each other. Paul had been thinking about one Mickey watch in particular since our trip the previous year and was determined to get one. He was lucky he was able to because he actually got the LAST ONE they had and we found later that none of the other retailers had them in stock anymore. The watch is awesome and even more so because it matches his wedding band perfectly Paul, his new stealthy watch and I headed to our favorite Epcot attraction (Test Track) and enjoyed every minute.

At this time we knew we had to book it out of the park to make our reservations at Ohana’s. Now, after reading so many mixed reviews on Intercot about this restaurant, we were even more intrigued to try it. We were not AT ALL disappointed! In fact, we are planning to go back on our trip in July because we think Paul’s parents will really enjoy it! The peanut sauce is TO DIE FOR and I devoured enough peel and eat shrimp to make a mountain of shells 5 inches high.

Unfortunately, this is where the night gets a little fuzzy for me. You see, I think I had some sort of reaction to something (most likely the hotel towels) because throughout the day my eye was itching and by the time we were done with dinner, was downright swollen underneath. We headed back to the room where I took a Benadryl and drank a bunch of Diet Coke in hopes of being able to enjoy evening extra magic hours at MK.

Let me just say how completely ridiculous Space Mountain was after taking that Benadryl. I’m surprise I didn’t get sick… but even though it wasn’t the smartest decision, I was plenty entertainment for Paul during our saunter around MK. During the nighttime we exhausted our favorite Fantasyland attractions. Most noteworthy was the interactive queue on Pooh. I thought the way they had it set up was AWESOME and for a while, we brainstormed what other attractions could really use that sort of upgrade. We ended our night early (thanks to my medicated drowsiness) but not before plunging down Splash Mountain again!

Next Up: Disney Studios!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great timing on snagging that last watch as a wedding gift! Sorry about the drowsy evening - hope the benadryl did the trick for you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great wedding gift for Paul - and what luck that they still had the watch in stock. Got a chuckle out of your reaction to Captain E-O & your reference to Mystery Science Theater!

Glad that Ohana didn't disappoint & it was a winner for you. Love the place all around.

Bummer about your eye, Lauryn. I can only imagine Space Mountain on Benadryl - yikes! Hopefully this was a one-time thing and you didn't have any other problems with your eye for the duration of the trip.

Epcot, Ohana & MK - what a wonderful day!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day! It's so sweet to read about you two having a wonderful honeymoon. My kids (who are now not kids, 18 and 20) had the same reaction to Captain EO. They thought it was hilarious. Ooh, Benadryl knocks me out! Amazing that you were semi functional.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lettripp View Post
    We got off our Journey into Imagination and headed to Captain E.O. Neither of us could remember the ride form when we were kids so we were curious to see what it was all about… and as Paul is a lover of all things sci-fi (including Mystery Science Theater) we laughed our butts off the entire time. It was wonderfully bad in so many ways.
    I'm sure Captain E.O. was amazing when it first came out... when I was in diapers. It is awesomely bad, but really I think you could slip a few clips into the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater and no one would raise an eyebrow.

We also had our first Duffy encounter and snagged a photo opportunity when there was no line at all.
    You know, when I first heard about Duffy, I wasn't sure of how he'd fit in. So far, I must say he's an awesome addition to the Disney family! As a side note, this particular CM seemed a bit on the new side... I don't think he knew that Duffy had a Mickey patch on his butt and looked totally confused when someone wanted him to turn around for a picture!

On the way back to Test Track we stopped at Mousegears so Paul could get his wedding present. We agreed before the wedding that rather than giving each other a gift that morning, we would by each other one really special souvenir at Disney as our wedding gifts to each other. Paul had been thinking about one Mickey watch in particular since our trip the previous year and was determined to get one. He was lucky he was able to because he actually got the LAST ONE they had and we found later that none of the other retailers had them in stock anymore. The watch is awesome and even more so because it matches his wedding band perfectly Paul, his new stealthy watch and I headed to our favorite Epcot attraction (Test Track) and enjoyed every minute.
    I'd just like to point out that still no one has noticed that this is a Mickey watch! Totally awesome

Unfortunately, this is where the night gets a little fuzzy for me. You see, I think I had some sort of reaction to something (most likely the hotel towels) because throughout the day my eye was itching and by the time we were done with dinner, was downright swollen underneath. We headed back to the room where I took a Benadryl and drank a bunch of Diet Coke in hopes of being able to enjoy evening extra magic hours at MK.

Let me just say how completely ridiculous Space Mountain was after taking that Benadryl. I’m surprise I didn’t get sick… but even though it wasn’t the smartest decision, I was plenty entertainment for Paul during our saunter around MK.
    Oh yeah you were!

During the nighttime we exhausted our favorite Fantasyland attractions. Most noteworthy was the interactive queue on Pooh. I thought the way they had it set up was AWESOME and for a while, we brainstormed what other attractions could really use that sort of upgrade. We ended our night early (thanks to my medicated drowsiness) but not before plunging down Splash Mountain again!

Somehow there are already things broken in the Pooh queue, which makes me sad
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We totally love Ohana. Best in our family's eyes!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

pretty good day, minus the need of bendryl... but I am now packing some in the "just in case" pile!

We also didnt want to have to bring gifts to the wedding venue to exchange. We exchanged gifts a month early lol i know not the most "wedding-ish" way ever, but you know She gave me a kick buttowski camera that she wanted me to practice on before our trip... so i am not complaining! Never thought of the Disney souvinere Idea, but we are going to buy a disney christmas orniment while we are there symbolizing our trip!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby has the same bad reactions (allergies) in his eyes as you did. Hope it didnt bother you the whole trip and that the benadryl worked for you.
    Thanks for the report!
    Congrats on your wedding by the way even if it is a few months past due!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!