Quantcast First Trip in Six Years................ - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a fantastic time, your family deserves it!
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBunch View Post
    Although Katrina destroyed our home, we were blessed in the fact that I have a good job, and we now live in a very good area in Pennsylvania. The one thing that is hard to explain though, is what my wife and kids lost mentally. They've just never been as happy as they were pre- Katrina.
    true.
    I can totally relate to your wife and kids. I moved from St. Bernard after I was married and now live in Metairie but I grew up in Yscloskey where my mom, brother and sister still lived until the hurricane. As you know, going back to Yscloskey was not an option. My mom and sister moved to Violet and my brother to Meraux. Even though my mom is still in the parish, there is not a day that goes by that she does not say how much she misses her old house and life. So much has changed. Many family and friends were forced to move out of state like you and it is hard to give up our pre Katrina lives. On a happy note: rumor is that Walmart will be opening in February. Now if we can only get a hospital.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation. You all have been through so much. Don't forget to post your trip reports. God Bless
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daparish View Post
    Even though my mom is still in the parish, there is not a day that goes by that she does not say how much she misses her old house and life. So much has changed.
    I don't feel sorry for us. Although we're not the same, we are blessed. I feel sorry for people like your Mom and family that are still living in areas that will be affected for several more years , at best. St. Bernard Parish will always be "home." Thanks Lori.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks so very much for sharing. My prayers will be with your family has a wonderful time (not doubt you all will) and that some healing takes place.

It is so hard to move from a place that you love and cherish and to have it destroyed is even harder. I cannot begin to imagine what Katrina was like....however leaving a place you love I can relate to 100%. My husband had to move us to Washington state from Texas (where I was born) or else he would lose his job. We have been here for 5 years now and it still does not feel like home (I miss the southern hospitality so very much). Our two trips to Disney World have helped ease some of our pain...this year due to finances we are going to Disneyland. Not the same but any taste of Disney helps.

Blessings on all of you!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! Sounds like so much fun. Hope you and your family have some great memories. Take plenty of pictures.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I'm now waiting to hear how this vacation turns out. You have a remarkable attitude. God bless you and your family. Hope you enjoy yourselves.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you and your family the best-

I was just at WL a few weeks ago and i just love it there-
    make sure you go visit Stan in the lobby and let him give you a tour-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: