Quantcast Wishes to be only 2 nights a week? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually was using it as an example since that is what started this thread. Not really jumping to conclusions but I will say this after following WDW trends for as long as I have it's not a far jump. Most cost saving rumours come true while the E-ticket attraction rumours are not.

And actually if you are going to quote me in your post please leave the full quote because I mention Wishes and Fantasmic, which has already been cut back to 2 nights a week.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    You are missing the point Disney already did this with Fantasmic so why not Wishes? The point I was making is that an uneducated visitor to WDW will just accept this as the days they are shown and not know they use to be every night. Overall the value of a Disney Vacation is dropping and significantly. I notice one of the things mentioned is the Hot Air Ballon and just how much do you thing Disney is going to charge for 10 minutes in this ballon? I have heard $25 per Adult and $12 for children. What a great addition
    I believe pricing has been set at $16.00 a person...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Well $16 a person for a family is $64 for a 10 minute experience. IMHO that's pretty steep in these times.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

i love the fireworks! this gives us time to visit fantasyland in the dark without any lines. There is something special about MK at night. It is the most memorable moments ever for us.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question relating to the ORIGINAL topic.

Is Wishes sponsored? If so, by whom? Doesn't the sponsor pick up the tab of the show? That was my impression.

For example, in Disneyland, the fireworks show is "Presented by Honda". They let you know it about a zillion times via announcements prior to the show, which begin about 30 minutes before the fireworks and happen every 5 minutes. It's no secret that "Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks is presented by Honda."

If a show is "sponsored", can Disney just decide to cut back on showings? Or, does the SPONSOR make that decision.

I can see the fireworks being cut back if the SPONSOR was a corporation that was in financial trouble, or had to pull their sponsorship, and then Disney was paying for the show 100%, then they made the decision to cut it back.

Just wondering the status of "Wishes" at WDW...and how sponsorship of a SHOW works, in terms of who foots the bill for the show each night.

Food for thought.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just a quick question relating to the ORIGINAL topic.

Is Wishes sponsored? If so, by whom? Doesn't the sponsor pick up the tab of the show? That was my impression.

For example, in Disneyland, the fireworks show is "Presented by Honda". They let you know it about a zillion times via announcements prior to the show, which begin about 30 minutes before the fireworks and happen every 5 minutes. It's no secret that "Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks is presented by Honda."

If a show is "sponsored", can Disney just decide to cut back on showings? Or, does the SPONSOR make that decision.

I can see the fireworks being cut back if the SPONSOR was a corporation that was in financial trouble, or had to pull their sponsorship, and then Disney was paying for the show 100%, then they made the decision to cut it back.

Just wondering the status of "Wishes" at WDW...and how sponsorship of a SHOW works, in terms of who foots the bill for the show each night.

Food for thought.
    Illuminations still is....sylvania i believe.....I don't think MK has a sponsor

Post Thanks / Like

Without getting into the big discussion currently going on here, let me just say, since they set the precedent with Fantasmic, and if they take Wishes down any nights, they're going down a slippery slope. Veeerrrrrry slippery slope. Bad corporate. Bad bad corporate.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yes, guest exit surveys are showing that people are frightened by the fireworks noise and would like to have more opportunities to visit the park at night without being terrified by all the explosions.

Ergo, Wishes is being cut back to perform only on odd numbered days of months that end with an "E."

In all seriousness, though, rumor has it that attendance is WAY up in March (allegedly like 66% over this time last year). If they did, in fact, cut back showings of Wishes in light of that, it would be a serious cash-grab on their part.

Not that that would surprise me ... they apparently have already decided that the uptick in attendance means they no longer have to bring characters back to LTT, so pretty much anything can happen.
    Did they decide not to bring back the characters? I had just read the other post about them coming back! I am sooo bummed!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    Did they decide not to bring back the characters? I had just read the other post about them coming back! I am sooo bummed!
    They are NOT coming back any time soon. Maybe later in the year, if at all, but not next month as the rumor said.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    They are NOT coming back any time soon. Maybe later in the year, if at all, but not next month as the rumor said.
    BUMMER!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking this for what it is right now: a rumor.

I just woke up from a nightmare about what Disney looked like after they did too many cutbacks. I kid you not, I started crying when I woke up, and now I don't want to go back to sleep, so I'm on here to remind everyone that this may or may not be true, so let's not panic just yet

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people not like fireworks? I love them!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I know this topic of possibly cutting back nights for Wishes is totally a rumor and a theoretical discussion at this point, but I'm not sure I really see the direct connection to Fantasmic. To me, Fantasmic is a show at Disney - a big show that includes music, dancers, characters, etc - a pretty big production. It also has some limited fireworks in the show. It's not like Wishes or Illuminations. Until I hear something specific, I'm not ready to make the jump from Fantasmic cuts all the way to Wishes cuts - although the question above about sponsorship of the fireworks is a good one. If there are no sponsors, or sponsors cut back on funding, then it might impact things. Let's just hope this entire thread is unnecessary speculation!

Post Thanks / Like

Until anything is announced, it's a rumor, nothing to get in a twist about. There has been absolutely no confirmation, and no sourcing....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

For all of those who have cancelled the trip, are worried, or just plain angry/annoyed:

WRITE THEM! I don't know just how much effect it has, but I DO know they read every message as I've always gotten a response. I'm sure if enough people write in that this is just not acceptable, and ESPECIALLY if you're telling them you're not going to bother going at ALL and have even cancelled planned trips, this will help!
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I know this topic of possibly cutting back nights for Wishes is totally a rumor and a theoretical discussion at this point, but I'm not sure I really see the direct connection to Fantasmic. To me, Fantasmic is a show at Disney - a big show that includes music, dancers, characters, etc - a pretty big production. It also has some limited fireworks in the show. It's not like Wishes or Illuminations. Until I hear something specific, I'm not ready to make the jump from Fantasmic cuts all the way to Wishes cuts - although the question above about sponsorship of the fireworks is a good one. If there are no sponsors, or sponsors cut back on funding, then it might impact things. Let's just hope this entire thread is unnecessary speculation!
    Fantasmic is listed as a nighttime spectacular, as is Wishes and Illuminations. But, like people have said, this is only a rumor.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

If the fireworks in Disneyland are sponsored, Honda must be terribly annoyed by the rules regarding fireworks. If there is the slightest wind, they get cancelled and, if the wind picks up in the middle of the fireworks, they stop them. Trust me there were plenty of angry people on the 4th of July this year, when they stopped the fireworks a few minutes into the show.

Back on topic, if they do decide to only show the fireworks a couple of nights a week, sure people will be upset, but personally, I would rather miss a fireworks show and know that their staff will get to keep their jobs.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Wishes is running every night in July. Personally I doubt there's any truth to this rumor. I would imagine that Fantasmic is a much more expensive show to put on, and it is running four of the seven nights we are there in July. I can live with that.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: