Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    It's Monday!

The day we've been waiting all weekend for!

```````````Well, maybe just Pogo...., right?
    Yes everyone...... it's Monday !!!! Get up and dance It's time to go make some $$$$$$$.

I love Mondays because it is a fresh start ! All of last weeks troubles are behind us and who knows what this week will bring ?????

The crew should be finishing up today and then the landscaping can be finished, although Patti and I did a bunch yesterday so my shoulders and back are a little sore. How do our older people (drummerboy) do it ??????

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I guess if nobody's up when they are done, there is more for me. Who's staying up past their bed time?
    I actually went to bed way before my bedtime last night. Guess the young'uns wore me out. Hate that I missed batch 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    How do our older people (drummerboy) do it ??????
    Ah yes, the miracle of modern medicine. Then again, see above.

Are we ready for the week?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

morning everyone!!!! i don't have time to read the 100+ posts i've missed but i wanted to see if i could have some positive jqu thoughts and pixie dust sent to us here in florida.......?!?! pretty please? im down at mamastyles' - we are leaving for the airport so i can fly back to jacksonville......the storm will be here tomorrow and in my area wednesday.....id appreciate it so very much! on a happier note my trip is only 11 days away..........!!!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Monday morning all of you beautiful people!!! I hope those who slept, slept well and those who worked had an easy time,(sorry about the issues Blythe but glad you got them resolved) I once again have doughnuts so help yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    morning everyone!!!! i don't have time to read the 100+ posts i've missed but i wanted to see if i could have some positive jqu thoughts and pixie dust sent to us here in florida.......?!?! pretty please? im down at mamastyles' - we are leaving for the airport so i can fly back to jacksonville......the storm will be here tomorrow and in my area wednesday.....id appreciate it so very much! on a happier note my trip is only 11 days away..........!!!

Sending all kinds of and plenty of good thoughts right down to ya!!! Have a safe flight!!

Now where did I put my doughnut?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

I know he hasn't been on JQ much lately (I'm sure it's because he's busy, not because he doesn't love us anymore ) but Grego77 will be leaving soon. Not like he won't be able to keep in touch but I just thought maybe we could throw a going away party for him.....

I've made some cookies and have and for those who want.

So who wants to join me in wishing our own Dean of admissions a safe journey?

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

i wanted to see if i could have some positive jqu thoughts and pixie dust sent to us here in florida.......?!?! pretty please?
    for you!! I hope you and Florida ride out this storm without any problems. Keep us posted!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Absolutely, I think of him often and hope that he's doing well and ready for his new life adventure!!

How is everyone doing today? I'm having one of those days. It's Monday so that means work is crazy. My boss left me a nasty gram on my desk about something else she thinks I haven't taken care of. It just infuriates me that she thinks I sit around with my thumbs you know where. If I stopped doing everything I do in a day this office would screech to a halt. We're going to have it out tonight or tomorrow. If she thinks it's so bad she can find someone else to do it!

So, need a little pixie if you could spare it. Mike's grandma back in Indiana is dying. Not that she isn't very old and lived a long life (I tell Mike that it's amazing at 42 years old he still has 3 out of his 4 grandparents). Mike just talked to her on the phone and she wants him to come see her. It stinks as we are going to WDW in three weeks and tickets for him to go last minute are like $369 each way from here. Not going to happen that I see. I just hope he makes it through this ok, he's so sensitive about things like this, he really takes it hard.

Thanks for all of you for everything you do to you all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I know he hasn't been on JQ much lately (I'm sure it's because he's busy, not because he doesn't love us anymore ) but Grego77 will be leaving soon. Not like he won't be able to keep in touch but I just thought maybe we could throw a going away party for him.....

I've made some cookies and have and for those who want.

Here's to Greg >clink< and his new venture. Hope it goes better than he expects.

Is everybody bright eyed and bushy tailed this fine Monday?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I will the tablerunner. Nothing else is really that creative, just normal clothing. If you really want to see the normal stuff I can post that, just let me know. I went back to work on the tablerunner..I ran out of bobbin thread..I went to wind the bobbin and I'm almost out of thread. Do you think that's a sign to call it a night?

Blythe, I think I was feeling that way a couple days last week. I just thought maybe I lifted something wrong. My neck was killing me, just below the base of my skull and I had a killer headache to boot. Friday night I woke up really sick, I still had to go into work on Saturday because there was no one to take my place, so now my ribs are hurting. Boy, everything hurts worse when you get a little older!!! At least I'm trying to stay young at heart!!!

Sarah, if you you and Mike come up toward Rochester, I'm pretty sure Gilles and I will head down that way to meet you!!

Marilyn, what size dolls do you make?(this means, what size clothes do I make for your dolls?)

Caroleh, you need to get some rest and get rid of that "bug"

My dolls are all sizes. The largest is a 32" Santa, and the smallest is a 6" pincushion. I DO pay to dress my dolls, so if you're serious, I'd just as soon pay you. The ones I'm working on now are 13 in. quintuplets. They're not all porcelain - they have cloth bodies from above the knees and elbows to the base of their heads. When DH gets home I'll send some pictures, (I don't know how to do that).

I've done almost 60 dolls, some of them antique reproductions, and look forward to showing them off.

Get well !
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

the storm will be here tomorrow and in my area wednesday.....id appreciate it so very much!
    Here is some from those of us in Indiana. I have never been directly in the thick of a hurricane and if my one and only brush with one about 20 years ago is any example I am quite happy to live where we don't have to worry about hurricanes! We will be thinking of you as this thing comes ashore!

but Grego77 will be leaving soon. Not like he won't be able to keep in touch but I just thought maybe we could throw a going away party for him.....
    So what is Grego77 doing? I must have missed it during one of my frequent absences from the boards this year. And even though I don't know what he is up to, good luck anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    So, need a little pixie if you could spare it. Mike's grandma back in Indiana is dying. Not that she isn't very old and lived a long life (I tell Mike that it's amazing at 42 years old he still has 3 out of his 4 grandparents).
    Sorry to hear about Mike's Grandmother. It doesn't matter how old or in how bad of health they may be in it is always difficult to loose a love one! Mike kind of reminds me of my situation; I am 46 and had 3 of 4 Grandparents until I was 43. Of course, then I lost all three of them in the span of 12 months so that wasn't much fun. But I was glad we had them as long as we did! With you by his side Mike will make it through.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Mondays because it is a fresh start ! All of last weeks troubles are behind us and who knows what this week will bring ???

The crew should be finishing up today and then the landscaping can be finished, although Patti and I did a bunch yesterday so my shoulders and back are a little sore. How do our older people (drummerboy) do it ??
    Perfect outlook.... I'm going to try to remember that a little more often!! Thanks for the reminder today!!

That's so awesome that they're almost done -- be sure to post pics!! I can't wait to see it!!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Are we ready for the week?
    You betcha!! I only have to work one more night this week, and the rest of the week is crazy busy, but with good stuff. Tomorrow, the girls and I go outlet shopping for school and then they're going to get their hair cut at a new "spa" downtown... ought to be a cute treat for them! On Thursday, they're dancing at the fair and they can't wait -- their dance school is performing quite a few of the dances from their recital, as well as a couple of other schools. They haven't done it the past few years, but used to when I danced for the school, so it's like deja vu for me! The rest of our time will be packing and getting ready to go... only 86 hours!!

i wanted to see if i could have some positive jqu thoughts and pixie dust sent to us here in florida.......?!?! pretty please? ....the storm will be here tomorrow and in my area wednesday.....id appreciate it so very much!
    You got it -- lots of headed your way for your beautiful state, that Fay will only be a short-lived, not-so-bad hurricane when she arrives.

I'm in -- when does he leave? Greg, if you're lurking out there, good luck and make sure you keep in touch and post pictures... we want to see what it's like where you're at!!

How is everyone doing today? I'm having one of those days. It's Monday so that means work is crazy...
    Sarah, I hope things have gotten a little bit better... it seemed from some of your other posts that your doc and you got along pretty well, so I hope this smooths out!! (or is your boss someone else??) Not feeling appreciated for all you do is a rotten feeling -- sending a big your way that it gets better!!

And we're sending Mike's way, and yours too, as he goes through this with his grandma... you're right, he is lucky to still have his grandparents, but I think it's even harder, too, b/c now he's an adult and she's sick and there's nothing he can do about it. I think that as adults, we feel like we should be able to, or at least we want to be able to step in and fix things, go visit, etc., even when it's impossible and we know it. When we lose our grandparents as kids, our parents are still in control and although we grieve, there's no responsibility there -- I think it's much harder to go through when you're older and understand things so much more! (I only knew one of my grandparents, as the others passed when I was a baby -- and the grandmother I knew passed when I was about 12, and she lived in Wisconsin, so I rarely saw her. On the other hand, I became very close to Dan's grandma & grandpa -- they became my grandparents -- and when we lost them, it was SO much harder!) So - tell Mike we're thinking of him, and I'm sure with you there, he'll be okay.

Ummm... not sure if that's a completely accurate description, but I'm up and I'm feeling better than I did yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    So what is Grego77 doing? I must have missed it during one of my frequent absences from the boards this year. And even though I don't know what he is up to, good luck anyway.
    I'm not sure if I'm even close to accurate on this one, but I believe he's going to Japan to teach English as a second language. I'm not sure what city he's headed to - I can't remember - or for how long, but he's pretty excited, as one of his best friends is Japanese and lives over there, and he's been there to visit, etc., and loves it. (Am I right, guys??)

Well, I hope Monday has treated you all well so far -- I tried a bit of a different sleeping pattern w/ the girls and I think it helped. Now, if I can just discipline myself to get to bed early tonight.... which rarely works....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Now, if I can just discipline myself to get to bed early tonight.... which rarely works....
    What rarely works--disciplining yourself to go to bed early or disciplining yourself in general? (I've heard about Pogo's depleted Tiki bar.)

Post Thanks / Like

Grego is going to South Korea to teach English.

Speaking of teaching English, I'm supposed to take my last class this upcoming term, but I need to register for it AND turn in my portfolio from this Summer term (that ends on 8/25). Well I called today to see if I could go turn my portfolio in and sign up for the last class tomorrow, but the (new) secretary was a royal, um, meanyhead, and told - no, screamed - at me that I couldn't come in until the 28th. Um, that's too late for the class, not to mention I WORK that day and can't come in. I didn't tell her any of this, I just hung up and called the program director, who also happens to be the professor for the class I'm in that I'm doing the portfolio for. Unfortunately, I didn't get ahold of him so I left a message but he hasn't called back yet.

So yeah, now I'm getting really anxious about this because if I can't get in to register and submit my portfolio, I could fail the student teaching (the portfolio class) AND if I don't get registered, it pushes my graduation back a semester, which in turn does not allow me to get my salary differential until June instead of January.

Can you please send a dose of that I get get my stuff turned in by this Thursday??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Bethany a big wollop of for you.

Let us know how it works out ok?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

What rarely works--disciplining yourself to go to bed early or disciplining yourself in general? (I've heard about Pogo's depleted Tiki bar.)
    Ummm... I plead the 5th....

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    So yeah, now I'm getting really anxious about this because if I can't get in to register and submit my portfolio, I could fail the student teaching (the portfolio class) AND if I don't get registered, it pushes my graduation back a semester, which in turn does not allow me to get my salary differential until June instead of January.

Can you please send a dose of that I get get my stuff turned in by this Thursday??
    Bethany, I'm sending you a BIG bunch of that you can get ahold of the right people tomorrow and get into your class, etc... sigh... why can't people just be nice???

Okay, this was just a quick zoop to check in again... I'm off to do dishes, finish dinner and head to the store for a little birthday shopping for my soon-to-be 10yr. old. Catch ya later!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should mention the 5th....

So, it's off the oompah band.

Anybody want to come down and help DW and me celebrate 32 yrs this weekend? (Aug. 24th to be specific.) You could always offer DW your deepest sympathies. We don't really have anything planned. Gotta go see family in Myrtle Beach--my sister and her family will be there and maybe my brother. They're not coming for the anniversary, that's just when they come down each year. Hate to say it, but DW and I would rather be doing something more fun, like getting our teeth pulled. One of those 'you can pick your friends but not your family' situations.

Post Thanks / Like

The crew should be finishing up today and then the landscaping can be finished, although Patti and I did a bunch yesterday so my shoulders and back are a little sore.
    So did they finish?
    Nope. Should we try again on Tuesday?
    Good choice....since you were talking to an attorney.
    Anybody want to come down and help DW and me celebrate 32 yrs this weekend? (Aug. 24th to be specific.) You could always offer DW your deepest sympathies. We don't really have anything planned. Gotta go see family in Myrtle Beach--my sister and her family will be there and maybe my brother. They're not coming for the anniversary, that's just when they come down each year. Hate to say it, but DW and I would rather be doing something more fun, like getting our teeth pulled. One of those 'you can pick your friends but not your family' situations.
    Hmmmm...sounds like my weekend coming up. Heading to the coast with DH's family - MIL, FIL, 2 BIL and their wives. At least this time we have separate rooms in a hotel, rather than one large house. Grin and bear it, and take long walks on the beach...

Congrats on the 32 years!! I'll have a toast for on Sunday! (I may just need it to get through the weekend! ).

Well I'm off to the middle school to register the middle child, with checkbook in hand. Catch ya later!

Post Thanks / Like

So, need a little pixie if you could spare it. Mike's grandma back in Indiana is dying. Not that she isn't very old and lived a long life (I tell Mike that it's amazing at 42 years old he still has 3 out of his 4 grandparents). Mike just talked to her on the phone and she wants him to come see her. It stinks as we are going to WDW in three weeks and tickets for him to go last minute are like $369 each way from here. Not going to happen that I see. I just
    hope he makes it through this ok, he's so sensitive about things like this, he really takes it hard.
    Sarah Sweetie, I'm sorry your Monday has been pooey ( I know, not a word) and I'm very sorry to hear about Mike's Gram. Give him a hug from us, it's so hard at any age.... If you need ANYTHING, feel free to PM or call, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post

Thanks
    Bethany, sending tons of to help out. How rude of that woman, sometimes I just don't understand how certain people end up in certain jobs....

I'm there . You can send the airline tickets to: Traci M...... Just fooling obviously but Happy Anniversary!!! What an accomplishment, you two should be proud. I only hope that the rest of us are so lucky.

So how has the day gone for all of you folks? Bruce went to work today but he started getting a rash so he went to medical to get it checked. He has brown-tail moth rash. Yuck.... Easy to fix but VERY itchy. Anyway, other than that it's been a quiet day. Hailey volunteered at the Coastal Humane Society (our local animal shelter) until noon and after that I took off all by myself and read a book in the park There was a woman there who had taken off her bikini top and it was laying under her on the blanket and she kept leaning up to get a sip of her drink. If it had gone on much longer I was going to start checking I.D.s of people entering the park, it was strictly "R" rated. Needless to say she drew a crowd.... someone said something to her before I did. I'm not sure if she knew that she was showing but I'm thinking she did. Well, I hope you all have a great evening. Anyone want some Mac-n-cheese and hot dogs?

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, just popping in to send greetings to all. I've been trying to keep up just peeking in for a minute but it's been hectic here.
    We transfered my dad to a nursing home on Friday for skilled nursing. Thanks, Pogo, Blythe Traci and all who sent well wishes and for my dad. It's incredible that he even survived that serious infection. Hanging around ICU for over a week was so depressing... I saw four families who lost children
    Good news for the week! Rachel has her orientation this week. I have to spend all day on Wednesday for her orientation and her "coating" ceremony.... She got her rabies shot today. I've been thinking of getting her a doggie license.
    Guess what I got yesterday??? my own server....
    Don't know what to think about that hurricane. It just looks creepy here... it's gloomy outside, that impending bad weather type of feeling (like a low pressure system that attracts hurricanes) to everyone in South and Western FL
    Who wants to wish that all bad hurricanes would just blow away????
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I was outside doing some watering (the plants, the plants), and realized two things.

Caroleh, you're not the one that's sick. It's Blythe, so I apologize, and also, my last post, I forgot to ask a question. I caught it before I got a , so how cool is that?

Just goes to show you, "You Are Always On My Mind".

Pogo, I know you're "taken". That's the only thing that restrains me. (That, and the fear of what Patti might do to me in Dec.).

MsMin So glad your dad is better. It's really hard to stand outside an ICU and just pray. God bless all the Dr.'s and nurses here, and everywhere.
    Also, MsMin I'm confused, (again). Did you say Rachel got her rabies shot, or is your dog going to be a nurse?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Hi all, just popping in to send greetings to all. I've been trying to keep up just peeking in for a minute but it's been hectic here.
    We transfered my dad to a nursing home on Friday for skilled nursing. Thanks, Pogo, Blythe Traci and all who sent well wishes and for my dad. It's incredible that he even survived that serious infection. Hanging around ICU for over a week was so depressing... I saw four families who lost children
    Good news for the week! Rachel has her orientation this week. I have to spend all day on Wednesday for her orientation and her "coating" ceremony.... She got her rabies shot today. I've been thinking of getting her a doggie license.
    Guess what I got yesterday??? my own server....
    Don't know what to think about that hurricane. It just looks creepy here... it's gloomy outside, that impending bad weather type of feeling (like a low pressure system that attracts hurricanes) to everyone in South and Western FL
    Who wants to wish that all bad hurricanes would just blow away????
    Beth! So happy to see you. You and your family have been in my thoughts frequently and of course you still remain at the top of my list for prayers. I'm glad to hear your dad survived that infection.
    We had a "skilled nursing" unit at Mid-Coast hospital when I worked there (they've since built a new hospital and the old one has been converted to skilled nursing "home" and Alzheimer's care) Anyway, that's beside the point. I worked on that unit for 3 years before transfering and doing terminal care (cancer, A.I.D.S, etc.)
    How sad about the families losing children, that's one thing I know I couldn't do, I've held several hands and escorted people to the doors of Heaven but doubt that I could handle doing it with children. I burned out quickly with adult terminal care, it was a hard thing to do but I loved being there to help and treat my patients the way I would want the last few months, days, etc. to be if I were in that position. A dog license for her would be too cute! Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was glad that you stopped in to update us. Take care of yourselves!

OK, so where's the lost and found? I misplaced my question.

Countless previous trips

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: