Quantcast Jest Quetions: Buying Cross Trainers for Tennis Camp. - Page 57

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1145
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I like a good glass of wine but tonight we cooked burgers and fries on the grill and we had a couple of and they hit the spot.

Have you visited the "Meet" Thread lately ? It's getting interesting.
    Mmm... sounds good!! We had chicken pie (my own version, w/ a cornmeal crust ... yummy!) and I do believe is the drink of choice for Dan right now...
    I'm drinking my wine out of the cheesy plastic glass I got at the F&W festival... how desperate is that??? Oh well... makes me happy...

I was on the thread earlier... sounds like we're going to have some fun!!
    Jenn -- are you and Brian going to try to come?? (Please, oh please... )

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    You have come up with the best descriptions this week of how I'm (we're) feeling... Disney hungover is perfect!

Anyway, to fight the feeling, I started doing serious planning for our trip in February, planned out which day/which park, and made our ADRs. In case anyone is interested: MK for our first day, breakfast at CP and High Tea; AK our second day with dinner at Boma; Epcot our third day with lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at Garden Grill); MGM our fourth day (and a Saturday) with dinner at Sci-Fi (and maybe a sundae at Beaches & Cream if Jeanne and her crew joins us); Sunday we'll have breakfast at Cape May and then we leave on our cruise. Still undecided if we'll go back to WDW after the cruise (we debark Thursday morning and fly home Friday morning) or go to the Space Center. Since we are now the proud owners of Annual Passes, going back to WDW would actually be the more affordable of the two options. What to do? What to do? (Personally, I'd love to go to the KSC since my dad worked on the space program since its very beginning. But who can resist another day at WDW?)
    Your plans sound awesome!! I have to say, I'd probably pick the extra day at WDW... but that's just my "disneyitis" speaking... give me another month or so, and maybe I'd pick KSC!! I'd love to go on a cruise someday... we're seriously considering AP's before our next trip, and if we love it as much as we think, we're even considering saving up some $$ for the next few years and looking into the whole DVC thing. Totally a new thought for us, but one we're kind-of excited about! We may try to rent points at OKW, which is our favorite of the DVC's, and see what we think - (is that kosher to mention around here, or no??? )

Anyway -- where is everyone??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm here, Blythe, just popping in and out. I'm just checking out a few things. I think I should be doing some serious planning for our WDW trip, but Gilles wants to play it by ear. All I have planned is our ADR's and it's killing me not to do any other planning. Does anyone else do WDW this way? Is five full days enough time to get a lot done?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blythe, I'm here too! How are you?

Ellen, your plans sound great! I am getting hungry just looking at your ADRs. I personally would choose the KSC, but if you want to get mileage out of the Annual Passes, go for the extra day at the World!

I've already begun planning my next trip for June '08 to keep the Disney spirit alive after last weekend. Although AP's aren't in my immediate future, maybe by '09 I'll have enough vacation days racked up to jet to WDW for a long weekend every few months! For me it would be worth it just to get the Disney Dining Experience card!

Have a good night all. I'm making pancakes tomorrow morning if anyone wants to stop by for breakfast!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Hi gang. Just got back from Myrtle Beach. Wish I could say it was a fun trip.

I think I mentioned that my mother (mid-eighties) had back surgery, but didn't tell the rest of the family until it was over. Now she's had some problems getting around after they let her go home with only her husband, who is also mid-eighties and starting into Alzheimers, to help.

My sister flew down from NJ yesterday and I took DW down today to see if they can get mum into a rehab facility for a while (I've got to stay home and earn some $$.)

Christine--congratulations on the quick move and set-up.

Marlyn--sorry about the delay on the coffee. DDCS had a little glitch in the computer system and everybody in the home office thought they were supposed to be coughing instead of sending coffee. Made a terrible racket until they got it cleared up.

Everybody send some pixie dust for my sanity-- right now it seems to be trying to run away from me.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Who do you & Rachel work for, and are they hiring??? How do you get 3 1/2 weeks off???? Have you been there, like, 100 years or something???
    Work?
    Actually we're just normal people with normal jobs and we eat a normal places. For instance, here's what we had tonight:
    Olive Oil-braised Duck Breast and Citrus Arugula Salad on a Crisp Mini-potato Pancake
    Spicy Fried Oysters topped with Creme Fraiche
    Grilled Maine Lobster Tail, Corn Cake and Roasted Toot Vegetables with Lobster Bisque Sauce
    Pan Fried Sweetbreads on Drop Pasta with Chanterelles and Meyer Lemon Oil
    Crispy Veal Cheeks in a Perigord Truffle Sauce with a Zucchini Roulade
    Blue Cheese Plate with Traditional Accompaniments
    Chocolate Grand Marnier Souffle Glace with Wine Zabaglione

And of course, I typed this reading the items off of a milk chocolate framed white chocolate menu sitting atop a dark chocolate easel.

See, completely normal.

All joking aside, Rachel works for Jewelry Television. She gets like 6 weeks a year including sick days. I just don't go in when I don't want to. They can't really fire me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    How is everyone on this last weekend before daylight savings and it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon?
    Actually, there's one more weekend before daylight savings time ends. They moved it to the first weekend in November now.

Rhonda, where are you? I miss you! Just think that it was 9 days ago that we were cruising.
    I was at work! I miss you too. And, no, I didn't even realize it had already been 9 days since our "cruise".

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

I think I mentioned that my mother (mid-eighties) had back surgery, but didn't tell the rest of the family until it was over. Now she's had some problems getting around after they let her go home with only her husband, who is also mid-eighties and starting into Alzheimers, to help.

My sister flew down from NJ yesterday and I took DW down today to see if they can get mum into a rehab facility for a while (I've got to stay home and earn some $$.)

Christine--congratulations on the quick move and set-up.

Marlyn--sorry about the delay on the coffee. DDCS had a little glitch in the computer system and everybody in the home office thought they were supposed to be coughing instead of sending coffee. Made a terrible racket until they got it cleared up.

Everybody send some pixie dust for my sanity-- right now it seems to be trying to run away from me.
    Sorry about the troubles with your mom, Ken. on the way! And, I'm even going to let you off the hook for a question just this once.

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Roasted Toot Vegetables

They can't really fire me.
    I'm sure I should know this, but why not?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Sorry about the troubles with your mom, Ken. on the way! And, I'm even going to let you off the hook for a question just this once.
    Wish I could have been at the meet to see the real, live Did the Ghirardeli's people wonder why everyone was speaking in questions?

I'm sure I should know this, but why not?
    Can't fire himself?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's ready for some fresh coffee? I'm sitting here sipping mine as I speak. Well, not really as I speak, because that could get very messy, trying to sip and speak at the same time...
    You speak to your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Do you really want Pogo to answer that? Seriously Alex, I really enjoyed meeting you at the meet! And yes, you too are special! (Did I say that? - Don't tell anyone!)
    You said it!!! And it is documented for the world to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Have you tried drinking a lot of fruit juice? The combination of water and glucose replenishes all the nutrients lost last night.

Bananas seem to help, too. I think it's the potassium.
    Did you just learn that? Phew! Glad to see you are paying attention at Syracuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Money, honey!
    Now you tell me?!?!
    Can I pass on this ? It is way too easy.
    I knew that would wake you up, balloon man.
    So... now it's time for a little wine and a good book... or is that some good wine and a little book??
    How about just wine?

Sanity? That left you years ago. Hope your mom recovers quickly.

Can't fire himself?
    Yooose be smart!
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

pogo Guest

All joking aside, Rachel works for Jewelry Television. She gets like 6 weeks a year including sick days. I just don't go in when I don't want to. They can't really fire me.
    So you're finally admiting you're leaching off Rachel ?

Actually, there's one more weekend before daylight savings time ends. They moved it to the first weekend in November now.
    Thanks for catching this. Patti just asked me when DST ends and I said I have no idea.
    Wish I could have been at the meet to see the real, live
    Me too, Big Guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    I knew that would wake you up, balloon man.
    Wow.... it used to be Balloon Boy..... Now I've grown up !

Post Thanks / Like

Tons of pixie dust Ken..for you & your wife and your mom & dad. Feel free to vent here as always!

Good morning all..a quick zoop. Is there coffee yet?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't everybody? I think it's only polite to answer when it talks to me. Or is that the voices in my head again...

Post Thanks / Like

Can you believe it? We're 100% moved in and settled! Hooray!!!
    You are a mad woman! We've been in almost a year and we still have a ton to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    My weekend has been awful. I am sick and have had ti miss work and my boys hockey games. They played yesterday and won 3-2 and the play again today. Last weekend they won 12-0 so they are doing well. Luckily they are not travel games this weekend since I am sick. The 12-0 game last weekend was a 3 hr drive away.
    Some for you Lynne! I hope you are feeling better soon! Congrats to the boys -- Can't say that Harry's team is enjoying the same kind of success!
    Can
    Mine are hidden under my pillow !
    You are funny. You been hanging out with a certain 9 year old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Thats amazing! We moved in about 9 years ago, and.....
    That's what I was thinking.... What are we doing wrong T&G?
    I was on the thread earlier... sounds like we're going to have some fun!!
    Jenn -- are you and Brian going to try to come?? (Please, oh please... )
    I don't know what you are talking about, but I'll go take a peek then comment...k?
    Oh Ken! for your Mom, and some for you and your family too!
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    We have to lodge a complaint with the delivery team I think.....Do you have the e-mail?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

I think I am past Disneyitis, Disney postpartum, and my Disney hungover...I think I'm now just purely unadulterated clinically depressed! My town is SOOO ugly and rinky-dink that it is not too fun to come home to. Luckily I'll be in Rhonda's town in two weeks. Hers is MUCH better!

Just wondering...did anyone get to meet Sandy while we were in WDW? Di didn't go and I don't think the rest of us would consider getting within a 50 foot radius of Stitch's Great Escape!

Hope everyone has a good day. I put a Mickey head rice krispie treat in Olivia's lunchbox today. Wish I had one for mine!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I think I should be doing some serious planning for our WDW trip, but Gilles wants to play it by ear. All I have planned is our ADR's and it's killing me not to do any other planning. Does anyone else do WDW this way? Is five full days enough time to get a lot done?
    I plan which parks what days and from there, decide on where to eat. That's the most planning we do though. Five days should be enough... three days with INTERCOT meets is NOT enough though!

for you and the drummer clan, Ken. I hate to ask, but isn't your DW due for surgery soon too?

Roasted Toot Vegetables with Lobster Bisque Sauce
    Bean veggies?

I speak to mine and right now I'm telling it that I'm late to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    We have to lodge a complaint with the delivery team I think.....Do you have the e-mail?
    It's sitting there piping hot and feeling quite rejected See below posted last night.

I'll have coffee ready in the morning (the good N'Awlins stuff). Hey, Jym... can you and Rachel stop by POFQ and get us beignets?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

IIt's sitting there piping hot and feeling quite rejected See below posted last night.
    So sorry..I don't want it to feel rejected. See I'm taking a huge cup right now. Do you know I don't have a single WDW mug? How odd is that? Does everyone else have one?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

It's sitting there piping hot and feeling quite rejected See below posted last night.
    Sorry Ellen. And that there is good stuff too!
    So sorry..I don't want it to feel rejected. See I'm taking a huge cup right now. Do you know I don't have a single WDW mug? How odd is that? Does everyone else have one?
    My ultra super very favourite ever mug is one of Walt looking down at Mickey with Main Street in the background.... it is in sepia hues. I LOVE IT! BUT, DH bought me a really nice Mickey one when we were down, that I also really like.... Now I have decisions to make!! Good thing I don't make coffee at home! What would yours be Nat.... Tink?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Sending as much as I can... I hope it helps!! I'm sorry to hear things are so crazy for you!! Hold on tight to that sanity -- although maybe it'd just be easier to let it go -- then you'd have an excuse...

Work?
    Actually we're just normal people with normal jobs and we eat a normal places. For instance, here's what we had tonight:
    Olive Oil-braised Duck Breast and Citrus Arugula Salad on a Crisp Mini-potato Pancake
    Spicy Fried Oysters topped with Creme Fraiche
    Grilled Maine Lobster Tail, Corn Cake and Roasted Toot Vegetables with Lobster Bisque Sauce
    Pan Fried Sweetbreads on Drop Pasta with Chanterelles and Meyer Lemon Oil
    Crispy Veal Cheeks in a Perigord Truffle Sauce with a Zucchini Roulade
    Blue Cheese Plate with Traditional Accompaniments
    Chocolate Grand Marnier Souffle Glace with Wine Zabaglione

And of course, I typed this reading the items off of a milk chocolate framed white chocolate menu sitting atop a dark chocolate easel.

See, completely normal.

Okay - Rachel's job I get... but what about yours??? How do I find me a job like that???

How about just wine?
    Works for me....

I think I am past Disneyitis, Disney postpartum, and my Disney hungover...I think I'm now just purely unadulterated clinically depressed!
    Hope everyone has a good day. I put a Mickey head rice krispie treat in Olivia's lunchbox today. Wish I had one for mine!
    Sigh... maybe they have some kind-of "post Disney depression" meds we could have?? Or maybe we could invent some... mix in a few Mickey bars, some funnel cakes, a few Lapu Lapus and some pixie dust... sigh....

Do you know I don't have a single WDW mug? How odd is that? Does everyone else have one?
    Yup - got a mongo huge one this year -- it actually truly is too big for coffee, and coming from me, that's saying something!! Other than that, I have 2 Mickey mugs from the Disney store... I have a hard time convincing Dan we need more mugs, as we must have about 10 from Maine... maybe more...

Okay, so I'm thinking of changing my license plate... for the past few years, it's been "O2BNMAIN" (Oh, to be in Maine...) When I joined on w/ I'cot, I wanted to change it to my user name, but it's not available. (I think someone needs to give it back, don't you???) Well, now I've got a license plate holder from WDW, so I really want to change it, but I can't figure out what I want if I can't have my user name. Sigh -- I'll have to go try some other combinations, I think...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering...did anyone get to meet Sandy while we were in WDW? Di didn't go and I don't think the rest of us would consider getting within a 50 foot radius of Stitch's Great Escape!
    Yeah, ok, rub it in AGAIN that I didn't go.. then to add insult to injury you put my Stitchie Pooh down! Geesh...

Thanks to all of you who had a part in a post card I recieved the other day.. it came on a day that I really needed a smile! How sweet of all of you to think of me! I've been feeling 'out of sorts' lately and just pushing thru my days...think my trip to Disneyland in just 9 days might make me feel any better?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!!!! Just zwooping in to say hi & that I miss ya'll!! (gosh, dare I say this.....I even miss Alex!)
    Sounds like everyone had a great time at the meet. Wish I could have been there.
    Sorry to hear about your mom, Ken. Many prayers & pixie dust heading her way & also to you so that you can keep your sanity.
    Well, can I have some of the pixie dust too? Di & I leave for Disneyland in 10 more days & guess who has a sinus infection?? Yep, me! I really need to get rid of it. I'll have enough worries with Di on the plane ride. Right Di???
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks for catching that. I would have been an hour early to everything next week! At least I'll have a little more daylight to enjoy.

Morning.

I think I am past Disneyitis, Disney postpartum, and my Disney hungover...I think I'm now just purely unadulterated clinically depressed! My town is SOOO ugly and rinky-dink that it is not too fun to come home to.

I'm with you Christine. I find myself going into restaurants and fighting the impulse to give them a card and tell the server to use one table service credit. DDP spoiled me and now I think every place does it!

By the way, I love your daughter's name, it's one of my all time favorites. Is it a family name?

I don't! Should I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Well, can I have some of the pixie dust too? Di & I leave for Disneyland in 10 more days & guess who has a sinus infection?? Yep, me! I really need to get rid of it. I'll have enough worries with Di on the plane ride. Right Di???
    Here you go!
    Hope you are both well on your trip!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: