Quantcast Survivor-Samoa - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Survivor-Samoa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I was very happy with both votes last night, although I was surprised to see that it was a twofer? What prompted that?
    They've got to have this wrapped up before Christmas...no pun intended. So we're down to 6 now, next Thursday will probably be a twofer also, and then the finale next Sunday.

As much as Russell has been playing the game to a T, it would be funny to see a BIG blindside and him sitting on the jury having to award the mill to someone else. I hate predictability in this show.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read an exit interview with Monica, and she says she used to be Pocahontas at WDW.

Anyway, her interview was tame, and kind. The ones I have read from Dave Ball, not so much. Talk about an ego. He's a delusional one, that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I just read an exit interview with Monica, and she says she used to be Pocahontas at WDW.
    I can see her as Pocahontas. Dave was very weird.

I really think Russell has a great shot, not to win but to be in the final. Who wouldn't want to go against him in the end? People know he has money and that he was responsible for sending them home. Some juries would respect that kind of game play, but I don't think this one will. I think taking Russell to the end is anyone's best bet for a win, so I don't really think he's in any danger of going before the end. And I would be really surprised to see Mick, Natalie, Jaison, and Russell turning on each other this late in the game-- unless the immunity challenges force the issue. Brett stands a good shot of winning a few. My guess would be that Shambo goes next, or Brett if he doesn't win the challenge. But I won't get to see it tonight. My daughter's orchestra is performing.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Brett? Who's Brett?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Brett? Who's Brett?

Hahaha! Exactly.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I can see her as Pocahontas. Dave was very weird.

I really think Russell has a great shot, not to win but to be in the final. Who wouldn't want to go against him in the end? People know he has money and that he was responsible for sending them home. Some juries would respect that kind of game play, but I don't think this one will. I think taking Russell to the end is anyone's best bet for a win, so I don't really think he's in any danger of going before the end. And I would be really surprised to see Mick, Natalie, Jaison, and Russell turning on each other this late in the game-- unless the immunity challenges force the issue. Brett stands a good shot of winning a few. My guess would be that Shambo goes next, or Brett if he doesn't win the challenge. But I won't get to see it tonight. My daughter's orchestra is performing.
    Although I see your point based on every season before, I think Russell will get the votes. The majority of voters have always voted for the player that plays best.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

After the looks on the faces of the jury last night when talking about Russell winning, I don't think they will vote for him. He is getting cocky now telling Natalie "he is the one. He is going all the way". That may turn her against him. This is a good example of lay low and win the whole thing because there is a good chance they will all vote for Brett if he makes it that far. He didn't play a good game but also didn't make any of them mad.

Maybe after all the comments about her hair, we will see Shambo with a new haircut at the finale.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, what just happened? I just happened to turn the TV on to CBS at 9:30 tonight and saw that it was the Survivor Samoa Reunion. I watched the show on Thursday night and heard nothing about tonight being the last night. Last thing I saw there were still 4 or 5 people. Why did I not see anything on the commercials or the show about it ending tonight? I missed it! Bummer!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight was the final, yes. I'm not sure if it's too soon for spoilers, so I won't say anything until tomorrow-- but it was a fun season.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been more disappointed in an outcome since Tina won...or the woman on Rupert's season. Spoiler... Natalie did nothing to deserve this "win." Galu was just mad Russell outsmarted them all

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings for tonight...
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was/am so annoyed. I hate when the jury doesn't elect the person that outwits, outlasts ...blah, blah, blah.

What a waste of time.

At least the public got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I watched the show on Thursday night and heard nothing about tonight being the last night.
    It was announced after the episode about the 2 hour finale being on Sunday and it's been advertised all week on the CBS networks.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not disappointed. I think Natalie deserved it, too.

Unfortunately, Natalie didn’t make a strong case for herself with the jury– but Erik did it for her. I do think Russell is a great player. Best ever? He had no end game. His read of the jury was totally off because he never got to know a single player. He approached the final with logic, assuming everyone would respect his game play. He missed the fact that some jury egos were too big to be soothed by the man who outplayed them.

Natalie had that social element and charm. And also, people overlook the fact that the biggest move of the game (not booting Laura, but booting Erik) was thought up by Jaison and executed by Natalie. That is the one week that Russell was scared because he had no control of the game. He was nervous enough to play his idol. So I don’t see Natalie as a coattails player at all, and I wish she would have fought harder against that label. But does it matter? She won. That’s the game of Survivor. Also, I hated Russell's cockiness reemerging. He was pretty brutal in that last day when he was hammering Natalie for her jury speech. So for his short-sightedness into human nature and how to treat others, Russell lost it for himself.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Sherri, you are so right, Russell did indeed lose this game for himself. He played an excellent game up to the point of his winning the immunity idol and then he blew it because of his ego. I'm glad to see he didn't get it if for no other reason than his very poor behavior at the reunion show.
    Congratulations to Natalie!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I really wish they'd do away with the 3 player finale!!

Oh Russell, you blew it! Definitely played the best game, but I was even a bit shocked at how he was talking to Mick and Natalie back at camp that last day. Talk about assuming and not giving either of them any credit. I just wish he'd been a bit more humble.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a Russell fan (maybe he'll be one of the Villians in the upcoming Survivor).

#1 I kinda felt like he was "grooming" Natalie for the finale. He was throwing out questions for her that the jury was probably going to ask and pressuring her to "think" about her answers. I don't think it was winning a million that was as important as the "accomplishment".

Natalie played well by making the right choices early on on who to ally with. But I still felt she rode his coattails all the way. If they had gotten Russell out early...she wouldn't have made it as far...but I do have to "credit" her with playing a more "social" game than Russell...which is a very important strategy. I was screaming for Russell to get rid of Natalie for a while...keeping Jaison...but...I did like Natalie too...I just didn't think Russell was going to win against her because she "bonded" with several of the Galu. Russell kinda "saw" trouble when She, Mick and Brett did that little "prayer" session before one of the challenges but he let it slide.

I think there's a LOT more to Russell the man than what we saw on the show. I was intriqued by the tears welling up in his eyes when his wife was talking about how much she loved him and what a good father he was. He sounds like he "worked" very hard for what he has and I can appreciate that.

Poor Brett...so very very close...

I thought it was neat hearing from "good" Russell again. I wondered what his wife must have thought when she saw his eyes glaze over...I know "I" was rather freaked. I couldn't believe that Russell (at the time) really believed he could continue...but after he said that he "thought" he was energized and in better more powerful shape than ever...and didn't realize that he was just a step away from "dying"...It seemed even more scarey when he described it.

I can't wait for Heros vrs Villians...will Johnny Fairplay be there?
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I don't think it was winning a million that was as important as the "accomplishment".
    I think that was pretty evident by his wanting to buy the title of 'sole survivor' from Natalie, which I thought was weird.

I can't wait for Heros vrs Villians...will Johnny Fairplay be there?
    If so, I hope he comes to play. That was kinda ridiculous last time when he just quit.

Post Thanks / Like

Russell could go far in Heroes/Villains because people won't have had a chance to know what he's like yet. They filmed it directly after wrapping Survivor: Samoa. So if Russell was involved, he would have already competed in that season as well by last night's live show. Interesting. Shambo seemed pretty happy. Maybe she returns, too? We'll see.

I don't think Russell was trying to help Natalie by throwing out those questions. I think he was bullying and intimidating her. And the tears were probably an emotional reaction to not winning more than being touched by love. I'm skeptical. I do give him credit for excellent game play-- until the end, which he really didn't plan for properly. Can you be the best player ever if you don't have a winning end game strategy? It's debatable.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was rooting for Russell all the way to the end, but I can't say that I'm too disappointed Natalie won. I was surprised at Russell's reaction at the reunion show...he was such a poor loser! I knew he thought he deserved to win, but I didn't think he would be such a baby about losing! I don't think he understood that there are 2 sides to Survivor - the strategic, gameplay side, which he mastered and played better than anyone else in this season, and the social, relationship-building side, which he was terrible at. In the end, it just depends on which side the people on the jury value more, and this time the jury put more stock in the social game. I agree, Sherri, I think Erik swayed the jury for Natalie. She didn't do it herself.

I was glad that Russell at least won the audience prize. I thought it was weird, too, that he was trying to "buy" the title of Sole Survivor from Natalie...even if she had agreed, that still wouldn't have meant that he won the game!

I've read that he is indeed on the next season as a villain. I hope so! Can't wait for it to start!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Russell intended to be a "baby" about not winning...did anyone notice the "pacifier" as well as the immunity idol around his neck?

Yeah I know Johnnie Fairplay "quit" during allstars...what a disappointment. I know Jeff absolutly cannot stand him.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thought that Brett looked like the "Church Lady" from SNL sitting up there?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: