Quantcast How much do you budget per day for food/misc? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

CuteAsMinnie, we are in the same boat! We usually drive down, but this year due to the miles on our van and gas prices we've decided to fly. Which means ALOT less "stuff" to take with us found on sale or at Sam's Club. I plan on sending UPS ground a package of snack-type items to our hotel and making a grocery stop, but it will definitely increase our total amount spent in Florida.

We normally budget $180/day for food, beverages, souvenirs and family photos (very important!). Some days we are way under, and other days we are unfortunately way over! Our travel party consists of DH, DS (7) and me.

Somehow I have a feeling that with the upcoming adoption of your child you will want to spend some serious $$$ if you are Disney freaks on way too cute things for the little one - keep that in mind when you are making out your budget! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] And above all, enjoy! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

[ March 11, 2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: KylesMom ]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All but two or three of our meals are already paid for as we are on the dining plan. I've budgeted $200.00 a day above and beyond the dining plan, taking into account my wife's case of terminal "shopoholia."

[ March 12, 2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: pedro2112 ]
    1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Since we are using the Dining plan this Fall, we are figuring about $110- $120 per day for our little family of three.

$80- Dining plan
    $10- $15- extra food&drink- beer, Dole whip, etc.
    $20- $25- souveniers- we collect coffee mugs, ball caps, and DD likes to get light-up toys.
    Jen

Upcoming Trips:
    10/07- offsite timeshare condo

Past Trips:
    1/07-offsite, 10/05-Pop, 11/04- POFQ,
    7/02- CSR
    3/97, 2/93, 2/84, 7/73- offsite, 7/71- DL

Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from a Feb 22-26 trip, and I was able to budget $75 per day for food, drink & souvenirs. I brought food for breakfast in the room, and had bottled water for the parks. I only ate 2 sit-down meals that required tips, so this helped keep the cost down. I also bought only two souvenirs.

If you are eating more sit-down meals, I would definitely bump the per diem up to $100+.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, whats a budget?
    [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] I usually put a whole lot of money in the debit card account and hope for the best!!! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

If I budget $100 per day per person(5 person family) I would still would be over what we spend(this is not including park tickets). We spend less some days and more others but I would think we average more around $ 400.00 per day for the family. When we go to Disney we eat at some of the more expensive resturants(who am I kidding they all are expensive) for dinner and that eats up about half of the budget, the rest is spent on souvieneers, other park eating, and recreation, boats and such. For us a 7 day trip to Disney could easily be around 6K or so(including room, tickets, transportation, and spending money), and I'm sure if you look at your bank book, even if you don't eat out alot, you will still spend minimum 4k or so for a famly of 5 on a 7 day disney trip.

Somedays it seems we go through money like it was water and others we spend very little, it just depends on what you are doing that paticular day.
    "May Walt Disney World Bring Joy and Inspiration. A magical place were people of all ages can laugh, and play, and learn together."
    6/95, 6/99 Poly, 6/01 YC/Poly
    10/02 Poly/YC, 6/03 YC/GF, 4/04 YC
    9/04 YC, 4/05 Poly/YC, 4/06 YC
    4/07 BC, 8/07 Poly, 10/07 YC
    4/08 YC, 8/08 P/YC
    Next 10/09/Poly

*NikkiBell* Guest

I know I am going to lose a lot of Intercot buddies by saying this, but you asked so here it goes..

We do not have to budget because we are on the Premium Dining Plan.

Seriously, though, you should consider getting either the regular dining plan or premium dining plan. It will save you hundreds within the first two days.

We had the Silver Plan last year which included some meals and were amazed at how much we saved. When we go next week, I plan on tallying everything up so you guys can see the amazing difference.

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family of 4 (DS's 13 & 7) and budget $200 per day. We may have 3 PS's during the week and those days we sometimes go over the budget and the rest of the time stay under budget.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

Whether or not the dining plan will save you money depends entirely on your family. For me, even the basic plan is a waste. My girls don't eat much and the 12 yo will have to pay adult prices. $35/day for her to eat a couple of chicken fingers would cost me a lot more.

It is also only really beneficial if you eat a sit-down meal every day ot go to the signature restaurants. Traveling with two kids, neither of those will be happening for me.

Now if it were just me and DH, yes the plan would save me money. DH is a human garbage disposal and an app, entree, and dessert would be devoured by him as well as anything left by me. We could go to restaurants like Yachtsman and spend a small fortune.

Just depends on who is eating and where you would go if you weren't on the plan.
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: