Quantcast Disney World 2005 Vacation Planning Video - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Received mine yesterday and popped that bad boy in...what a disappointment! The Last DVD was much better and as mentioned before the PARKS should have had more face time. TOO many cut scenes to the narrators and too much fluff. Even the planning CD had its problems. In last year's DVD I found the resort informational section EXTREMELY useful...Even when the floor plan was SHOWN {it as that portion of the DVD that assisted me in picking out CBR for my honeymoon}. This CD planning disc doesn't have that option and was not at all helpful in planning anything. One HUGE thumbs down for this dvd...though the case was wonderful!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, I am the only one who enjoyed the dvd. I love it! I've watched it like 10x. I realize it's not a great planning video (which is what it's supposed to be, I realize), but I think it's great for WDW vets. I think the hosts are funny. Maybe I just have different taste....I did ENJOY Beverly
    been to WDW 19 times:<br /><br />'87-'92: tree tops, gf, beach club, yacht club<br /><br />'93-'01: old key west<br /><br />'96: Cruise<br />'98: Cruise<br />'02: Cruise<br /><br />'02: All Star Music (birthday surprise)<br /><br />'03: Old Key West<br /><br />"Your coffin or mine?" Matt Skiba<br /><br />"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" Walt Disney<br /><br />"Please stand clear of the doors, por favor, mentenganse alijado de las puertas" WDW Monorail

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Just got it and ME NO LIKEY! The interactive map is missing, the room layouts and still photos from the resorts section are gone, the positively whipping pace of the scene changes makes me dizzy and the hosts are annoying. Glad I didn't get rid of last years DVD yet. This is NOT one I'll be saving. Yikes!

Mrs.Jumbo Guest

Thumbs down

I received mine today. I watched the DVD and really didn't like it. Its way too frenetic and doesn't allow time to get a sense of what rides and attractions really look like. I was hoping to show it to my younger kids who haven't been yet, to help them to visualize what the trip will be like, but its really not very good for that purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received mine yesterday and have to agree that last year's was much better. I found the narration by some of the four hosts to be annoying. I am going to check out the special features tonight. I was too disappointed yesterday with the first part to look anymore!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

We received ours over the weekend and I finally watched it in full yesterday.
    I liked it and I disliked it.
    Loved the "recreation" guy. He was pretty funny. What I didn't like as mentioned above; too little information on the rides, it was very fast paced I was kind of out of breath when it ended.
    One of things I mentioned to my husband is that they should have a section under the special features that talk about things that are happening each month. Wouldn't people like to know that in May there is a Flower and Garden Festival or in October you could attend the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party just to name a couple of events?
    I do have to mention that my 3 year old actually sits through this one unlike the others which is really surprising.
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came in the mail yesterday and I watched it this morning. I enjoyed it; I liked it better than the previous one.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed the new DVD (received and watched it yesterday). The different personalities with the four hosts, I believe, applied to everybody in our family.

I do agree that this DVD wasn't as informative as the DVD's of the past, but it had a younger twist to it. I give it a thumbs up!
    ºOº The Ziemer Family
    Chris, Chrissie, William & Hailey
    1989 Off Grounds (I was only 10]
    2001, 2003, 2005 ASM
    2006 POP
    2008 ASM
    Sept 2010 POR
    Oct 2012 AoA - Food & Wine Festival w/o kids!

Post Thanks / Like

I received mine today as well. The DVD was boring in parts but was informative in a "general" way.

I did like watching it though for the most part and really liked the resort special features. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine this last week-end and watched it and was very disappointed. Last years was much much better. I got dizzy trying to watch this one. Way to much on the hosts and not enougth on the rides.Not very helpful as far as planning anything. If you have last years I would hang onto it. Whom ever made this one must be a very franic person can't seem to hold attention to anything.Very poor job I do better with my own amature video not bragging or anything.LOL

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm noticing that many say the zoom-in zoom-out pace of this one appealed to the little ones. Now when they start earning the $3000-5000 for a trip.... (LOL)
    Forever let us hold our banners high
    Trips:
    78, 85 - Holiday Inn Main Gate
    86 - Days Inn International Drive
    87, 88 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00 - Fort Wilderness Homes
    Dec 02 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    2009-2010 Disneyland, Paradise Pier and Candy Cane Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one who didn't care for the DVD. We started wanted the other day, I ended up just walking away to do something else and my DH ended up falling asleep. Last years was so much better!!
    3/04 CS
    1/05 Pop Century
    12/05 CB
    1/07 WL
    8/07 Pop Century
    1/08 AKL
    08/08 pop
    1/09 pop & ss
    4/09 Pop for DD 8th b-day
    8/09 AKL (welcome home)
    1/10 AKL jambo house
    1/11 AKL jambo
    8/11 Beach Club
    04/12 Lake Buena Vista Suites
    08/12 AKL jambo house

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by EtteDMS:
    I'm noticing that many say the zoom-in zoom-out pace of this one appealed to the little ones. Now when they start earning the $3000-5000 for a trip.... (LOL)
    Same reason there's candy in the check out lines at supermarkets. I feel it's a cheap way of exploiting kids. If some kids gets a hold of that DVD, they may want to watch it often and never forget to stop badgering their parents about a trip. More than likely, the parents will cave and BAM! Next thing you know they are dropping money on tickets and hotels like nobody's business.

Post Thanks / Like

My four year old son will watch last year's DVD over and over. Does this year's DVD appeal as mucy to a pre-schooler? His favorite thing about them is just seeing all the different parts of the parks. Does this year's DVD show plenty from inside the parks? He also liked the special previews of the different rides. Is there any such feature on this year's DVD? His favorites are the volcano (Splash Mtn.), the ghosts (Haunted Mansion), and the Pirates. I really liked the way you could just watch what you wanted on last year's DVD.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I watched the DVD last night and wasn't all that impressed either. Overall it had some pretty good information and footage from the parks but way too much of the 4 hosts. In fact, we didn't even get to the special features. By the time the first part was over we had had enough. I think we will try and watch the special feature section tonight since we are getting ready for our trip next week [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I forgot about those attraction previews they're gone too! I'm definitely hanging on to last year's DVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Disney is now lowering its high standards to meet the needs of the general masses. The hosts were annoying (they don't even look like they'd want to step foot on Disney property if they had a choice). The main host's bra straps were showing. The man and boy were lazy slobs. They don't even use Disney music on this DVD. Are they promoting another cheap low standards theme park? There was no magic whatsoever in this DVD. If I had never been to Disney and got this DVD planner, I'd think DisneyWorld was just another theme park, not a theme park in a class above the rest. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

What's a good way to get an occasional WDW fix? Get an updated planning video of course, we all know that. Guess what, Disney knows a lot of us do this.

I have not seen the 2005 video, but reading all your comments makes me wonder if Disney is showing less of the parks and doing other things to turn veterans off of the videos. Imagine the money that could save.

Just a thought!

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my dvd too, but I think they gave me last year's dvd cause they're still talking about the ultimate park hopper vacation package. It's the one with the asian lady only as the host. The pamphlets inside are for 2005 cause they talk about the magic your way tickets. Oh well, I guess they are giving us Canadians the left over dvds from last year I'll just have to order another one in a few months [img]smile.gif[/img] . BTW I liked the interactive maps, too bad they don't have an interative map that shows all the counter service and table service restaurants as well, maybe even their menus, that would be great! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    VMK ID: Punchcat

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:
    I just received my dvd too, but I think they gave me last year's dvd cause they're still talking about the ultimate park hopper vacation package. It's the one with the asian lady only as the host. The pamphlets inside are for 2005 cause they talk about the magic your way tickets. Oh well, I guess they are giving us Canadians the left over dvds from last year I'll just have to order another one in a few months [img]smile.gif[/img] . BTW I liked the interactive maps, too bad they don't have an interative map that shows all the counter service and table service restaurants as well, maybe even their menus, that would be great! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Consider yourself lucky you don't have to put up with the new one. A lot of us would have preferred the one that you got.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: