Quantcast Wonderland Tea Party or Grand Adventures in Cooking?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi!

I'm thinking of having my 4yr old niece try one of the children's activities offered at the GF - Grand Adventures in Cooking (looked so fun on the food channel special) or the Wonderland Tea Party. Does any one have any first hand experience with either of these activities?

Thanks! Our trip is April 21-24 - will it be difficult to get a reservation about now?

*Shannon
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DS did the Grand Adventures in Cooking when he was 3 and had a wonderful time. When we picked him up, he was chatting about what they did and the story and etc. etc. etc. I was a little nervous sending him in alone, but Chef Drew (I think was his name) was so wonderful with him. It was so cute watching them hand out their "goodies" to guests in the lobby. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

my two older kids, 7 and 4 went to the alice tea party and really enjoyed it. ( it was actually juice, as my disapointed tea drinking 7 yr old told me) but they had a blast. the kids stay at 1900 park fair and you come pick them up in an hour (they give you a beeper) alice comes to the party and the mad hatter who is really silly. the characters both took a polaroid picture with each child and signed autographs. we are going again this fall and will do it again, they really enjoyed it!!

happy planning!!
    tracy
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Both activities just sound so much fun - it's really hard to decide.

For those of you that did the Grand Adventures in Cooking - what did your children make? Is it the same thing all the time or do they change it up?

For those that did the Tea party - was there any kind of dress code? I'm sure not a posted one, but did you dress your girls up in cute dresses or anything? I'm only asking b/c we'll probably be at a park before the party and my neice can sweat with the best of them LOL. Just wondering how much spiffing up we'll have to do.

Thanks again!
    *Shannon
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter is 5 and is doing the Tea on April 21. I just made the reservation and there are still spots open for that day. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Holly

Post Thanks / Like

That's sp funny momof1 - that is the day we arrive. We'd probably be there in time to do it but I think I'd rather have her do her activity on Friday - hopefully there are still spots open. Thanks!

*Shannon

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I finally decided on the Grand Adventures of Cooking but it was booked (figures) so I opted to do the Wonderland Tea Party on Friday April 22. Hope my niece enjoys it!

*Shannon

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Daughter had a blast at the tea party. The 'NO PEEKING' shouts were very cute and she want to do it again this trip. It gave us a very nice relaxing lunch.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

DS will be 5 and DD 3 when we go in October. Is the Wonderland Tea Party mostly for girls or would boys be there too? DS would like the pirate trip but DD is too young and I'd like them to do something together so they have each other.Either the GA in cooking or the Wonderland Tea Party sound like fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Not speaking from experience since I've never been but I would choose GA in Cooking for your kids. I remember watching it on the Food Channel and I saw both boys and girls. I'm sure there are boys that attend the tea but it does seem like a more girly activity. Have fun!

*Shannon

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a previous report on a boy at the Tea Party:

Originally posted by lkulish:
    My son was 5 & 6 for our two trips and loved all three. The pirate cruise was a big hit with the treasure hunt. The smile on his face as he passed out his creation from cooking was priceless. He bonded with the Mad Hatter at the Tea Party. We had breakfast at The GF that morning and the Mad Hatter told him he would look for him. I also called to find out how many boys were attending, and there were quite a few. You can't go wrong with any of them!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

My son was 5 and 6 when we went to WDW and he did both. I talked to The Mad Hatter during a character breakfast the morning of the Tea Party. He made plans with my son to meet at the Tea Party and throw grapes at Alice. He had a great time! He also loves to cook and was very proud of his Dirt Pudding complete with gummy worms. He decorated a chef's hat and apron which he still shows off. They're both great!
    '03 Gr.Floridian
    '02 Gr.Floridian/Poly
    '87 Polynesian
    '85 Polynesian
    '82 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I hadn't even thought about doing one or both of these, but they both sound like fun and will add them to the agenda.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by jerseygirl66:
    DS will be 5 and DD 3 when we go in October. Is the Wonderland Tea Party mostly for girls or would boys be there too? DS would like the pirate trip but DD is too young and I'd like them to do something together so they have each other.Either the GA in cooking or the Wonderland Tea Party sound like fun.
    my ds 7 went and he really had fun. The mad hatter comes and jokes around and he just really enjoyed it. He says he'll only go this time if he can really have tea (not juice)

have fun
    tracy
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: