Quantcast What do you take with you into the parks... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Money lots of money And maybe some Tylenol.
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I don't "carry" anything. I wear muli-pocketed pants or shorts like these.

One ziploc bag with four or five wet-wipes. One ziploc with Tylenol. Two rain ponchos, folded flat. Money and passes (credit cards etc.) in one buttoned pocket. Camera is in a case that snaps onto my belt. Chapstick and a small "travel" sized Gold-Bond medicated powder are also a must.

It all fits in the pockets. Oh, and I have another ziploc folded up in my camera case. When I get on a ride that I might get soaked on, I put the camera in the bag, and back in the case.

[ April 02, 2005, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Ayndi ]
    Former VMK nic : majolica
    Native Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by njmom2sean:
    The day pack sounds great....who makes it or where did you get it???
    Happy to share the info. Here goes:

It's a Mountainsmith Tour Pack that I purchased from ebags.com (is this okay to post?). You'll find it under backpack section then take the link to waist packs.

Regular price runs about $69 but check for sales if you have time before your trip. I got mine for $56. That sounds steep but absolutely worth it. It is very sturdy and has a lifetime warranty.

The pack is about 11x9x5, lightweight, WATERPROOF, 3 waterproof zippered compartments, and 2 external mesh pockets that I use for water bottle(s) but both have drawstrings if you want to close something securely in them. It's comfortable and has plenty of room without being cumbersome.

Hope this helps!
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Donalds Duckie:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by njmom2sean:
    The day pack sounds great....who makes it or where did you get it???
    Happy to share the info. Here goes:

It's a Mountainsmith Tour Pack that I purchased from ebags.com (is this okay to post?). You'll find it under backpack section then take the link to waist packs.

Regular price runs about $69 but check for sales if you have time before your trip. I got mine for $56. That sounds steep but absolutely worth it. It is very sturdy and has a lifetime warranty.

The pack is about 11x9x5, lightweight, WATERPROOF, 3 waterproof zippered compartments, and 2 external mesh pockets that I use for water bottle(s) but both have drawstrings if you want to close something securely in them. It's comfortable and has plenty of room without being cumbersome.

Hope this helps!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I have the exact same bag...I love it! It is big enough to hold the basics and isn't too bulky. Spend the extra $$...you will be happy!
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "All it takes is faith and trust. But the thing that's a positive must,is a little bit of pixie dust. The dust is a positive must."

10/90 - Disney Inn
    4/97 - Poly
    1/02 - Poly (Got engaged!)
    10/02 - Contemporary & GF (Honeymoon)
    5/05 - Poly
    4/08 - Poly
    5/08 - CSR
    10/11-AKL(DD's 1st trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good trick for securing backpacks etc. when on rides. I make sure I have the backpack off when going through the turnstiles, then slip my foot through the strap as I am getting into the ride vehicle and sitting down. I have never lost a backpack or fannypack using this method, even on coasters. Also, it makes it really hard to leave your backpack on a ride, because you would probably trip if you didn't take it off of your leg/foot before exiting!!!

I found an awesome mini backpack that I plan to take on this trip. I am trying to take as little with me to the parks as possible this year since we are finally stroller free. I'll probably take a camera,hand sanitizer, water bottles,sunscreen, ID,room keys and little cash. I always get my advil or tylenol for free at the first aid station [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] but maybe they quit handing them out.
    1975, 1984,1988 and 1989- daytrips
    1991-HoJo Fountain Park
    1996-Dixie Landings
    1997-Residence Inn, LBV
    1999-CBR
    2001-WL
    2003-GF
    2004-Poly concierge
    2005- CSR
    2006-POR for EE prieview in Jan.
    2006-YC
    2006-Field trip to Animal Kingdom
    2006-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

OffToNeverland, don't you just love that pack! Do you find you carry it a lot even at home? What color did you buy?

I do need to tell you that if you want to carry the pack as a backpack you must purchase the 17" straps separately. I believe they are around $20.

Otherwise the pack comes with the other 4 carrying options (fanny pack, shoulder bag, purse/brief, and attach to full backpack).

I did not buy the extra straps because not wanting to carry a backpack is the whole reason I went with the fanny pack.

Re backpacks: when I did carry a backpack I also used to put my foot through one of the straps and never lost it, even on RnRc.
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

The second to the last day of our trip three years ago we rented a locker and I put our stuff in there because I was tired of carrying it around. My daughter asked me to put her autograph book in my pocket. They were plenty big so I slid it right in there. Guess what I lost. All week I had kept it in my bag with no problem. I guess it fell out when we were riding something. we checked lost and found several times before we left for home and nobody had turned it in. Be careful what you keep in your pockets. I'm thankful it wasn't my wallet...although by that time I didnt have any money left anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wear a fanny pack to keep my "expensive" stuff in...camera, money, credit cards...and wear it on all the rides, including the roller coasters. The big, less expensive (and more replaceable) stuff like water, sunblock, ponchos, snacks, etc, go in a back pack that gets pushed around in an umbrella stroller (much easier on the back and shoulders than carrying it...we usually strap the backpack to the stroller so it makes it harder for someone to just steal the backpack while we are on a ride). The stroller is great to hold all of our jackets when the weather changes from cool to warm through the day. Although we have children, they have outgrown the need for a stroller, and we still take one!! No one ever questions why we are pushing a backpack in a stroller. The umbrella strollers are nice because they are lightweight and fold very easily.

Portland, ME (1421 miles from the Magic!!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Last trip I used a Lewis and Clark guide bag that worked out great! Not too big to be a ride hinderance, but enough room to carry emergency ponchos, sunglasses, camera and lots of little pockets for tickets, money and cards. Worked out great for me and Mom... enough room for both of our stuff, and we switched off carrying it.
    Keep in mind anything you DO decide to carry with you will feel tens times heavier at the end of the day, so try to keep it light.
    "Veggie, veggie! Fruit, fruit!"
    Next Trip: April 2013 - POP
    Previous Trips: 11/12 – ASMu; 8/12 – ASMu; 2/12 - CSR; 12/08; 9/08; 5/08; 2/08 - POFQ; ‘06; ‘05; ’04- ASMu; ‘02-Offsite; ‘01-ASMo; ‘00; ‘99; ‘97-SOG; ‘96-FW Cabin; ‘94-CBR; ‘92-CBR; ‘90-CBR; ‘88-Poly; ‘86-Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: