Quantcast Cost of taxi from AllStars to MCO?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

How much is the basic taxi fare? Also, is it different than the MCO to Allstars fare?

I'm debating cabs versus IBEX/Happy...

thanks....
    Karen
    CBR-May '98
    Swan-Jan '00
    Offsite - Oct '00

AS Music - Dec '01
    Contemp- August '02
    Swan - May '03
    Dolphin - June '03
    AS Music - August '03
    AS Sports - May '04
    Poly - Aug '04
    Swan - Jan '05
    Pop Century - Aug '05, Aug '06
    CBR -Aug '-07

CSR - August '08
    POFQ - Aug '09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it is still available, but my parents have taken a Mears Shuttle from MCO to the All Star Resort. (I can't remember which one though.) It was $10 for a round trip ride per person. Depending on how many people traveling with you, that might be a more economical choice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Nancy<br /><br />Former WDW Cast Member:<br /> Emporium 1996<br /> Studios Entertainment 1997<br /> All Star Cafe Merch 1997-1998<br /> Land Attractions 1999-2000<br /><br />WDWCP Fall/Spring 96-97, Fall 99<br /><br />Next visit: Nov. 22-29

Post Thanks / Like

Mears shuttles are now up to $27 per Adult. If you have more than 2 adults, you might want to consider the Happy Limo. The sedan will seat 4-5 if some are children and you only pay for the car and not by person. It could work out cheaper.

As far as Taxi, I have read $50-75... I'm not certain on that being current info though as I didn't look into that possibility.

Tony
    Tony
    ---------------------------------------------

I'm a married spud... I'm a married spud...

Post Thanks / Like

The cost of taxis to Disney World is around $40-$50 one way, plus any gratuity you might want to add. That fare also depends on traffic. If you get stuck in traffic, the fare will increase.

With Happy Limo and Ibex, you are charged one simple fare, and there is no time restriction or anything. Happy Limo includes gratuity, but you can tip a few dollars more if you incline to do so.

Towncars are best for groups of 3-4 people. Mears can get very expensive for a group of 3-4. Plus, with Mears, you have to make stops at several of the resorts. With the towncars, you can get straight to your resort.

Hope this helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Eddy

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!! I can't believe that Mears has gone up that much. Sorry for the dated info. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Nancy<br /><br />Former WDW Cast Member:<br /> Emporium 1996<br /> Studios Entertainment 1997<br /> All Star Cafe Merch 1997-1998<br /> Land Attractions 1999-2000<br /><br />WDWCP Fall/Spring 96-97, Fall 99<br /><br />Next visit: Nov. 22-29

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by princess jasmine's sis:
    I don't know if it is still available, but my parents have taken a Mears Shuttle from MCO to the All Star Resort. (I can't remember which one though.) It was $10 for a round trip ride per person. Depending on how many people traveling with you, that might be a more economical choice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I think you've got the attraction shuttle confused with the airport shuttle. The airport shuttle was never $10.
    Aside from that, it really depends on how many people traveling. The shuttle charges per person, taxis and towncars charge per trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Taxis also aren't known for being kept in the best of shape - they're sometimes dirty and sometimes don't run all that well. Town cars will be clean and well-serviced, and won't cost any more than a taxi (possibly less). [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have used Tiffany Town Car on our last few trips. They tend to be cheaper than some of the others, 85 $ for a round trip, and includes a 1/2 hour grocery stop.( we use that to pick up stuff for the baby ) Plus, you can print a 5 dollar Off coupon from their website. I know they aren't one of the sponsers for this site (SORRY) but they are the cheapest that I have found. The drivers are very friendly and professional, we always enjoy the ride!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by the mudgie:
    They tend to be cheaper than some of the others
    Actually, if you check out Happy Limo's Rate Page you can see a round-trip fare to any Disney Resort besides the Magic Kingdom Resorts is $80 plus gratuity.

And, with the Intercot Coupon the total drops to $75 plus gratuity.

They will also include a 15 minute grocery stop, but it must be requested when you book. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ March 22, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Edzter86 ]
    Eddy

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Eddy has it all Correct... I have recently signed up for Happy Limo. They sent me information saying it would be $49 for the car Including Gratutiy from the Airport. You get some off for the return trip. Essentially total round trip cost with Intercot discount and gratuity will be about $95. Not bad when you consider you can fit 4 adults in there! Mears shuttle bus would be over $100 for that many and make all those stops.

Tony
    Tony
    ---------------------------------------------

I'm a married spud... I'm a married spud...

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Thanx for correcting me...It was cheapest when we booked, I should have checked again before telling every one the wrong info. Will the intercot gods ever forgive me???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: