Quantcast Can I see the Water Parade?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

I made reservations for Chef Mickey's today. They are for 7:00. Where should we go to see the Water Parade after our meal?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Electrical Water Pageant schedule is as follows:

Polynesian -- 9:00 p.m.
    Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
    Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
    Ft. Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
    Contemporary -- 10:05 p.m.

If you are staying at the Contemporary, then head down to the marina area a bit before 10pm.

If not, you probably won't want to hang out there until 10:00, so I would suggest taking the resort monorail over to the Poly and watching from the beach at 9:00.

After it's over you will have to get back to your resort (if you are staying on-site)- and that may be tricky if the MK is closed and you don't have a car. You'd have to grab a bus to Downtown Disney and then switch to a bus for your resort.
    If the MK is open, then just hop back on the resort monorail to the MK and get a bus to your resort from there.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think the monorail will still be running at 9:30 to the MK if it is scheduled to close at 8:30? I was thinking of spending the day in the MK (leaving the car in their lot) and monorailing it over to the Poly to catch the Water Pageant. I want to be able to get back to my car.....

Thanks!
    2/08 - AKV Girls Only
    8/06 - Venetian Bay/ASMO || 4/06 - Grand Californian Girls Only
    3/05 - WLV Girls Only
    8/04 - Disneyland! || 2/04 - BWV Girls Only
    8/03 - HIFS/Marriott Cypress Harbour || 1/03 - BC/OKW 1st Girls Only
    4/02 - CBR-Onsite Finally!!!
    8/00 - HI Sunspree

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If the MK closes at 8:30, the monorail will definitely still be running at 9:30. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I will have my car with me (but will be staying at downtown disney). I hope the monorail will still be running. We're not going until the end of may - first of june. Last time we were there the MK didn't close until 9 and 10 so I'm really hoping the hours will be about the same. We didn't get a chance to watch the water parade last year so I'm really hoping to see it this year after reading so many comments about it. We're pretty flexible with our schedule and have our car so we kind of go with the flow, but I would like to know if any of the resorts have a better view than others?

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you are in the beach area of the resorts that it passes by, the view is pretty much the same. Viewing from the Polynesian beach is highly recommended as it is quite romantic.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Question

We will be dining late at Wilderness Lodge and are planning on staying until the Water Parade. Does anybody know how or if we can get to POFQ from WL after the parade is over? Will buses be leaving to DD from WL that late at night?

Tony
    Tony
    ---------------------------------------------

I'm a married spud... I'm a married spud...

Post Thanks / Like

If you are driving to the MK, and then watching the Water Pageant from the Poly, you won't even need the monorail after the show. Just walk along the short path directly to the TTC [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now, getting to POFQ from the Wilderness Lodge is a bit more challenging.
    The easy answer is YES, there will certainly be buses to Downtown Disney around 10pm. DD stays opens til after midnight, so you will be able to get a bus. Then, transfer at DD to a bus to your resort. It will take sometime, but you will get there.
    Another option would be to get a cab directly to POFQ from the WL.

[ March 28, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: wendy*darling ]
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: