Quantcast Tipping

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Tipping

Post Thanks / Like

We are cruising in January (family of 5). Tink got us a great rate on 2 cat 10 connecting rooms. This was cheaper than a deluxe family room. The problem is I don't think we should have to tip the stateroom attendant twice. Do you think we have to? I feel bad though because he/she would have received twice the $ if another family would have booked our other room.

My DH said if we have to tip 2X, he would rather upgrade to a deluxe family room. I am not sold on that idea either because we would be giving up a lot of square footage.

What are everyone's thoughts?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, Disney does not imposed mandotory tipping although is it highly recommended and appreiciative...after all i think the crew relies on tipping as part of their salary...
    They based the tipping guide per person ...You could have a biggest suite in the ship and still follow the guidelines of the tipping which is the same of everyone no matter what room you have..IF you wish to tip more...do so...Don't get yourself all nutsy and you better off with 2 rooms than a family suite since you get 2 bathrooms!!! So no i don't think it is expected to tip 2X!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

By the way, got your e mail about your son and crayon!!! That is cute!!

[ May 03, 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Bmwdsny ]

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

Hi Melissa,

I agree...do what you feel more comfortable with. At the end of the cruise, you will receive envelopes for each cast member Disney suggests you tip, and also a guide on how much they suggest each guest should tip each cast member. It's very easy, and you can decide at that time what you want to do. If your stateroom attendant did an extra special job of making your stay magical, then you can give him or her more. But you should not feel obligated at all to give what a larger party would.

Tipping should be the least of your worries, especially since you take care of it at the end of the cruise. The most important piece of advice I can give any cruiser is to make ABSOLUTELY sure you have ALL of your documentation for boarding the ship. Without it, you will NOT be able to board, and I have seen that happen!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 06, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Brass Bonanza ]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: