Quantcast How I stumbled into a FREE night @ the Grand Floridian main building Concierge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Now THAT's what I call GRAND!!

I just got back from a WHIRLWIND weekend stemming from a FREE room in the Concierge 3rd floor of the Grand Floridian's Royal Palm Club in the main building.

I couldn't believe this was happening.

My wife and I were eating dinner with our friend @ the Chili's outside of Disney property. His brother (an actor/director who will remain nameless) had flown into town from California to visit the family. He had booked a Concierge room @ the Grand Floridian ($750 a night, WOW!) Our friend gets a call from his brother. His brother had decided he just wanted to stay at their parents house instead. Now, it was 10 pm, and the room could not be cancelled. our friend looks to us and says.

"How would you feel about staying the night at the Grand?" [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

WE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

We rush over to the Grand.... to check in. No bags, no clothes.....just us.

This is no ordinary Disney room.. This is one of those octogon "Corner" rooms.. (underneath the red cones on the roof) It was HUGE!! There were windows on 3/4 of the wall, with a view from the Seven Seas Lagoon, Polynesian, around to the Monorail. There is a full living room set, couch, chairs, table.. wet bar, huge closet, etc.

Now we had relaxed in the outer building concierge "Sugar loaf" before.. and concierge @ the Polynesian, but the Upstairs concierge in the Main building is a completely different experience. It is much more "exclusive" not 45 people fighting over scraps of cheese.

What a view of the Lobby!!!! What a view of the Magic Kingdom! FREE WINE!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] Talk about "Big timing" it. This is the definition of "The good life"....

What an unbelievable room. What an unbelievable weekend. What an unbelievable experience.

Let's just say... we owe our friend Juuuuuuust a little!!!!

The only problem, I feel, Is now.. a room at the Polynesian, Yacht Club, or EVEN regular rooms @ the Grand Floridian... is now... just a "Standard Room"

NAAAAHHHHHHHH I LOVE DISNEY RESORTS!!!!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's really great!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! You are so lucky! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] What a wonderful experience that must have been. I'd love to just see one of those rooms! We're hoping to stay at the Floridian again one of these days. It is truly a fabulous place. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Lori<br /><br />07/88 - Contemporary<br />06/91 - Grand Floridian (honeymoon)<br />08/92 - Fort Wilderness Homes<br />11/02 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

You lucky duck!

I hope you at least remembered to wear your sunglasses so you could be incognito with the rest of the elite. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Did you take lots of pictures?
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, lots of pictures, so we'll have to finish off that camera and get them developed!

We figured it would be a while until we could stay in a room of that calibur, so we'd better capture it!

I can say one thing certain, though... Even @ the Grand Floridian... I was longing for the Polynesian volcano pool!!!
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! How amazing! This will be something you won't be able to top for a long time! Great story!
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what incredible luck! We'll be looking forward to those pictures!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Chicagoland, but Southerner by the grace of God
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, talk about serendipity!

I bet you felt how I felt the time I got upgraded (for free) from coach to first class on a 6 hour flight!

You'll be talking about that for a long time!
    Staci (a.k.a. Rowan & Tara's mom)<br />"Come on everybody. Here we go!!!"<br />==============<br />Too many past trips to count.<br />1st week of December '05 (GF Concierge)<br />==============<br />Go Navy<br />Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like

That is just way too cool. I would love to see those photos when you get them developed.

The only way to see those rooms were on the Discovery Channel. Congrats to you and your free upgrade. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, what great opportunity. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT A WEEK!!!

First, this free room @ the GRAND (FRIDAY/SAT)

NOW TODAY (MONDAY) I get the call... I'm OFFICIALLY A WALT DISNEY WORLD CAST MEMBER!!!!

Professional Recruiting just called... I was hired as an education instructor (tourguide) part-time @ Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Basically, when school trips come from out of town (also some adult groups) I'll lead their educational program on conservation, animals, etc.

Let's just say it's been a pretty good week!!!
    [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

WOW!! You couldn't be in a better place, a better timeframe to get lucky!!!!!! I am glad you got the thrilled of enjoying it!!! Would love to see the pictures!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Great things come in threes! I wonder what is going to happen to you next!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congrats! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

WOW! Dreams really do come true! Good things do come for good people! "Good for you" [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] Please write a report so we can drool [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Oct 86, off property - Feb 92, off property
    Nov 94, All Star Sports - Dec 95, off property
    Dec 98, CBR - Dec 99, PO
    Dec 00, All Star Movies - Oct 01,All Star Movies
    Nov 01, All Star Music - April 02, All Star Music
    Dec 02, POR - Feb 03, POFQ - Nov 03, AKL
    April 04, POP - Dec 04, ASMu - Nov 05, POP
    Dec 05, POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: