Quantcast What's in those backpacks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I use a fanny pack with:
    hotel id, tickets, kids' money, our money, bandaids, moleskin, small scissors (but I think I will eliminate that now), film, 2 camcorder batteries, extra videotape, planned itineraries, guidemaps, list of restaurants and food types. Then I add and substract as I go along. I also carry the camcorder over my shoulder - it is small enough (8mm) that it doesn't get in the way (I carry larger, professional grade one at work).

DW usually carries a small backpack with 2 small water bottles for kids, wet wipes, camera and enough room for small souvenirs.

It was worse when the kids were little.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week when I was at Magic Kingdom they made me eat my PBJ outside the gates. Couldn't bring it in. Guess it's who you get at the gate.

Post Thanks / Like

I usted to use a backpack but now everything I need i keep in my cargo pockets.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Carrying a backpack didn't bother me a bit. Being the overly-obsessed-with-our-vacation-plans dad that I am, my backpack includes:

-Camcorder w/blank tapes
    -Camera and film
    -water bottles
    -sunblock
    -sunglasses
    -Birnbaum guide for reference
    -Rain ponchos
    -Notebook (with preprinted menus,Priority Seating confirmation numbers, and spreadsheet of each day's itinerary)
    -Park maps
    -Snacks
    -Hand sanitizer
    -Napkins

It probably seems like overkill but I will have plenty of time to travel light when my wife and I go as a couple after the kids are grown and gone. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    1981-offsite<br />1987-offsite<br />1998-ASMu<br />2001-CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I feel completely lost if I don't have some sort of bag with me! So at WDW I carry, water bottles, a long sleeve shirt, wallet, cell phone, palm pilot, makeup, camera, and extra film.

Now you should see my bag that I carry everyday...I'm surprised I can still walk straight it's so heavy!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to admit this, but after reading the initial post, I decided not to pack a backpack for this trip (I have 2 camera cases and that's all I would have been carrying in it). Anyway, within 2 days I was at Wal-Mart buying one! The padded shoulders are so much nicer than the straps on the camera bag. I did give up the fanny pack, however.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

How's this for a little strange:

Walt Disney World parks are the only parks that I carry a backpack with me for. Any other park -- nothing at all! Weird, huh?
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

I used to carry a pack all the time at the parks. The obvious items like cameras and stuff would always go in there, but two reasons for the pack that I didn't see listed above are.

-Books. I'm a big reader, and I always try to read in down time; this works especially well in really, REALLY slow lines.

-Shopping. Say you buy a T-shirt at the Tower of Terror; it's a lot nicer to be able to just toss it in your pack and forget about it than have to carry around a huge bag all day.

On my last trip, however, I went without the backpack; I carried my camera on my wrist (which was problematic sometimes) and stuck a paperback in my pocket. It's an even trade-off in terms of convenience, I guess. If you want all of those items with you in the park, you're going to have to put up with some struggle. If you want total freedom, you have to sacrifice the camera etc.

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: The Hitchiking Ghost ]</p>

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mktiggerman:
    When I carry my backpack, it's set up so I can bring my life with me (Disney isn't where I go to get away from it all.. that's Vegas. Disney is where I live ) I carry a Casio Cassiopeia EM500, Palm M105, Cellphone, headphones, digital camera (YES!! I FINALLY REPLACED MINE!), 2 128MB MMD Cards, and a Poncho. Sometimes, I'll forgo the 2 PDA's, and bring my early Xmas present, a Sony VAIO laptop, since it's barely bigger than the 2 PDA's side by side.<hr></blockquote>

You bring a laptop (or TWO PDA's)to the parks? Whatever for?

And don't get me started on cell phones....

Ok, I can't resist.

I can see the occasional use of a cell phone (or radio). Check in, "where are you", "meet me here",etc.

BUT, I was there today and while waiting for my DW to return from the ladies room I was standing next ot a man using his cell phone and he was on a business call. Don't people got to WDW to get away from business? They don't call it a vacation for nothing.

Also, I see many many people that appear to be just blabbing away on those things and NOT paying attention to where they are walking. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

I told my DW that one of these days I going to make a T-shirt with a picture of cellphone with a red circle with a line through it.

John and Donna
    1975 Contemporary<br />Why did I wait SOOO long???<br />10/1997 Off site<br />4/1999 Off site<br />12/2000 Off site<br />12/2001 Off site<br />??/2002 Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Everyone all ready answered your question but I feel like blabbing about what I carry around in a backpack.

-Video Camera
    -Regular Camera
    -My family's rain attire which they insist on bringing even when it's 90 degrees and sunny
    -Drinks
    -Park Maps
    -The vacation planning book I all ready memorized on the plane but bring with me to annoy people with [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Depending on the circumstance: A Cd player, a few cd's, blank tapes, extra battery.
    -Wallet with spare cash

That's about it. I thought I was nuts with the CD player, but then I read about the guy with the laptop, lol. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Forget the backpacks, all I carry with me is sunglasses and plenty of cash!!
    My advice to you is to start drinking, heavily!<P>Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!<P>Grab a brew, Don't cost nothin'<P>TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

Indiana,USA, North America, Earth,Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy.
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see, I had a camera, a video camera,too, 2 ponchos, Passporter Guide to Disney World, Sunglasses, no water bottles(I believe in drinking fountains, talking or not.), and a few other little things. I also used it to carry film and any souvineers that would fit.
    June, 1987-Off site<br />June, 1995-Off site<br />June, 2001-All-Star Music<br />January, 2002-Off site<br />May, 2002-Off site<br />August, 2002-Off site

imported_dpamac Guest

Talking

I had enough supplies to keep a diabetic alive, healthy and well for the day including glucose tablets, glucose testing supplies and w hat not. Plus ponchos, water etc. Not to mention an extra change of shorts and t-shirt, sun screen and more film than any human should carry, with a point an shoot for the wife and child and an SLR for me. And my wife and I both carry journals to log moments throughout the day so that we can remember.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I took my son by myself I took our pases, $30, and a pair of sunglasses. The next time I took so much stuff my back hurt by 11:00. Things that have to go in:

Camera and ziploc bag just in case.
    Our nextels - they have proved invaluable when we've seperated for bathroom trips or whatever.
    small bottle of sublock
    blister block
    change of clothes for my son if I know he is going to get wet
    chapsick
    batteries for the camera
    autograph books and pen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This is really bad, but for 2 college students we took:
    digital camera ponchos
    reg. camera maps
    film eyedrops
    extra batteries pre-cut moleskin
    camera case tylenol
    granola bars wallets
    pop tarts sunglasses
    juiceboxes hair bands
    ziplock bags reservations info
    tissues chapstick
    2 types of heartburn meds.(i have an ulcer)

Of course I packed all of it and my boyfriend got to carry the backpack. Did we use it all? At one time or another yes. Needless to say my boyfriend was extremely pleased with having my packages sent back to our room, especially after one particularly overzealous morning at downtown disney.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: