Quantcast Solo Trip - 2 Days

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo Trip - 2 Days

So I have to be just outside of WDW for business this July and will have 2 spare days that I'd like to visit WDW. I'll be by myself which will be a new adventure and way to explore the parks/resorts.

Any tips or suggestions?

Day 1 - I was thinking of getting a cab on property to one of the resorts I'd like to see and then just resort hopping. I'd like to see the Grand Floridian, Poly (maybe go to the beach at fireworks time), Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk for sure. Maybe a trip to Downtown Disney in the mid-afternoon or evening, too. Any food suggestions or misc. suggestions to make the day fun?

Day 2 - Was going to get a park hopper and just try to make the most of it! I won't put pressure on myself to get to all parks but gives me some freedom. Where should I start? I'd probably need to finish up in MK for fireworks or Epcot for Illuminations. Tough call!

Any helpful suggestions welcome!

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Short trips can be really pricey these days. Are you sure you'd want to park hop or do you just want to pick your favorite park and spend the day there? With all the new options in Downtown Springs, it might be a nice place to try out some new dining experiences.

Just wandering around the resorts can be fun. For dining, you could try to bar at California Grill or The Wave (both at the Contemporary). There's a new lounge at the Poly which we haven't gotten to yet but it looks like a fun place to visit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely want to visit the MK so that ticket would be $124 and the park hopper $164. I'm tempted to just spend the extra 40 for the option of moving around since I'll be alone and aren't necessarily even gonna be all about rides. Just sightseeing, food, etc.

Silly question tho - if I buy a ticket now, can I choose fastpasses online? Or is that only if I'm an on property guest?

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I did a nice afternoon/evening of hotel hopping around the holidays. I took a cab to the WL and had some drinks and the cheese fondue at the lounge (so good). I boated over to Contemp and the monorail hopped to Poly and GF and watched MK fireworks from the boat dock at the GF. I found that getting cabs and such at each resort as needed was super easy and a reasonable way to get around if I had a few cocktails.

As far as the park day I say if you know how much it is and it's in your budget go ahead and get the hopper. (I can't answer your question about FP+ sorry!)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not staying on property, you should be able to pick your FP+ selections (for one park) at 30 days out. 60 days if staying on property. I've only done it with a hotel reservation, but I assume that you just need your park ticket(s) linked to your My Disney Experience app in order to select FP+.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you do need to set up your park ticket(s) in My Disney Experience in order to select fast passes. As noted, you can select fastpasses in one park at the thirty day mark if you are staying off site.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot's Sounds Like Summer concert series will be going on in July. That would be fun and easy to see if you wanted to hop between the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: