Quantcast Polynesian DVC First Day of Booking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Polynesian DVC First Day of Booking

Anyone book the Poly DVC on the first day today? Heard there were some real technical issues early on...

Heard from someone that it's 196 points PER NIGHT for Disney Vacation Club Members to stay at the Polynesian Village Resort Bungalows.

Wowzers. I'm hardly a member with only 60 points at Hilton Head (gets me 3-4 nights when I want to go with some left over) so I'm out of the equation.

Would you stay there? They look awesome.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think they look great. I have the points (not at Poly, at BLT), but I'm not interested. Too small, too poorly arranged. I think they could have done a lot better. If I'm spending the points, I want more bang. I might change my mind if I was ever in one looking out at the lagoon, but... meh.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

They had announced on the DVC page that online bookings would not be available yesterday through 9AM today due to the Poly openings. For whatever reason they'll also be down from 230AM to 8AM.

I'm curious how many booked today too. I threw in a few different sets of dates and it was open for all of them. I was a bit surprised, they're not my cup of tea but have read here and elsewhere how people were waiting.

Sherri, as you're looking out at the lagoon just think of all those people on passing boats that are looking back at you.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Sherri, as you're looking out at the lagoon just think of all those people on passing boats that are looking back at you.
    Exactly, Lynn. Maybe that's part of the lack of appeal. I love looking out at the lagoon from high-up balconies where I don't have to think as much about people looking back, but right there... right. there. No.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Exactly, Lynn. Maybe that's part of the lack of appeal. I love looking out at the lagoon from high-up balconies where I don't have to think as much about people looking back, but right there... right. there. No.
    That's not the only problem I see. The ferry dock is very close - imagine hearing the boom of that horn every 10-15 minutes all day/night long?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    That's not the only problem I see. The ferry dock is very close - imagine hearing the boom of that horn every 10-15 minutes all day/night long?
    No nap time for little Sally or Junior.

Post Thanks / Like

I booked this morning for a poly villa in sept. It was hard to get trough and was on hold for 25 minutes. We own at grand Floridian but they were full for the dates and size we wanted and poly is set up the same way.
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default I was finally able to get through to book

I called exactly at 9:00 am EST and could not get through. Finally was able about 30 minutes later. i waited on the phone 30+ minutes but was able to get a deluxe studio for the week before 4th of July. Never stayed at Poly so looking forward to the adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to book a Poly studio yesterday for 4 nights during Memorial Day weekend! I was super excited because I figured it would be booked up, especially on a holiday weekend! But surprisingly, studios and bungalows were available for all 11 nights of my trip.

There were tons of glitches and problems booking, though. I started trying at 8:00 a.m. (CST) and didn't get everything completely booked until around 10:00 a.m. The website first told me my user name and password weren't correct (even though they were). Once I was finally able to log in, the pages took forever to load and kept bombing out. When they did load, and I was actually able to click on the "book now" link, it was like a perpetual loop that just kept taking me back to the starting screen. I tried calling multiple times, but only got a busy signal. Never even got through to the computer system. It was frustrating, but it all worked out in the end and I'm staying at the Poly in May!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Booked 3 nites in May. Changed from the BWV. Figured we stay there all the time. Give this a try while we can book it.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked to see if there was any availablity for one night 4/19 (have a free night after attending a family wedding in Tampa). No way I will spend 160 points for 1 night in a bungalow! Studios are also available, so I am seeing if my sister is interested. I'm willing to stay in a studio for 1 night. Too many nights together in a studio and we would get on each other's nerves !
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised to see there was no category for connecting studios. I wonder how they will guarantee them or if they all are built that way?

UPDATE:

After doing some checking MS confirmed that connecting studios can be requested but are not guaranteed.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I booked a lake view studio for Labor Day weekend. The technical issues were maddening!!

If I'm going to spend 160 points per night, it'll be on a cruise!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We booked a lake view studio for Sunday 4/19. I will be sure to come back and give my review.

I am with everyone else, no way I am spending 160 points for one night in a bungalow ! That takes away points from our Food and Wine trip!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: