Quantcast Runners, in-laws, Beach Club, Birthdays! Part 4 (closing)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Runners, in-laws, Beach Club, Birthdays! Part 4 (closing)

Odds-and-ends and parting thoughts

We got in one last ride on Peter Pan as the clock struck midnight (well, 8) and when we came out the fireworks were going on, resulting in a nightmare for my son, who is no fan, to say the least. We were literally stuck, with fireworks being launched on either side of us and all the stores were closed so we could not escape in one. We ultimately took him into the Tangled restrooms, but I have to say….what a great place to watch the fireworks! You don’t get the full view there, but you’re right in the middle of it, literally. Will keep that in mind in the future.

After the fireworks the park was closed. Two CMs did a sweep of the restrooms we were in and then seemed to casually be walking behind us as we made our way through Fantasyland on our way to exit. At one point I stopped and took a few steps back to look at something in a window and they stopped and took three steps back with me. I realized then they were sort of ushering us out. This was interesting to me, as I remember getting off Splash back in 2003 on an EMH night at around 1am. We were, so far as I could see, the only people in Frontierland and very, very casually and slowly made our way out of the park with nary a CM worrying about us until we got to Main Street. Change in practice, I guess. Or perhaps the intervening 12 years has made me look more like ne’er-do-well.

Saw some SA tour groups but they weren’t bad. At one point a hoard of about 50 of them came running to the exit of AK, shrieking their heads off, but really we didn’t have much bad interactions with them.

Saw lots of people with the selfie extender. Did not find this to be obnoxious at all and actually sort of admired this new product for its usefulness.

We liked the Magic Bands very much – never had an issue with them, fortunately. I stopped wearing a watch years ago (cause of my phone) and found myself looking at the MB from time-to-time to see what time it was…and after we got home, the next day I had a phantom MB feeling on my wrist, which made me chuckle. In general FP+ was also okay. We were able to get a FP after ours expired on at least a few occasions, and for some E-ticked rides, also, which surprised me.

It was a really great trip...my son had a short trip when he was 15 months, a longer trip at 2.5, and a couple days in DL when he was a little over 3. Now at 4, I see the evolution and it's clear he's drinking the Kool Aid and really "getting" Disney! He begs me everyday to watch ride-on videos on Youtube now and we act out Philharmagic while he's in the bathtub playing with his characters (the only person who has ever told me he likes my singing!). Weather could have been better, but we all had a good time and can't wait for our land-sea trip in May!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading your reports.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting - glad it was a fun trip! Enjoy your next one which will be here before you know it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Loved your reports- thank you! We did land/sea, last May, & loved it! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it not a really cool thing to watch our children fall in love with Disney like we do?!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories - and let the countdown start for your Land-Sea Disney trip!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reports. I really enjoyed reading them! I am looking forward to reading your reports for your land and sea trip in May.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I enjoyed your reports!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! These trip reports warm the cockles of my heart during the frozen tundra of a winter we are having here in Boston!

Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: