Quantcast BklynChick's Beach Club Holiday Trip Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BklynChick's Beach Club Holiday Trip Part 2

Wednesday 12/10: Thought I was making rope drop at 9 but I forgot the park opened at 8...oh well. Still made it on Mine Train with minimal wait. Really enjoyed the ride! Jingle Cruise was fun but line was much longer than posted so I had to run to my FP for BOG lunch. So glad I made the effort to do lunch here. The braised pork was not your typical CS lunch! I love how they can find you using your Magic Band. Used my FP+ for Festival of Fantasy and had the perfect spot facing the walkway from Frontierland onto the hub. Now I know why everyone raves about this parade! Did dinner at Columbia Harbor House before FP+ for MSEP (again got one of the last front row spots) and stayed right there for Wishes.

Thursday 12/11: My cousin was driving up from the Tampa area to meet me, but before she arrived I did breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Food was very good and all 3 characters visited before I left. Once my cousin arrived we went to Downtown Disney for some shopping, then drove to Grand Floridian for tea. I had the best seasonal tea: Nutcracker (hints of hazelnut and vanilla). We explored the decorations at all the monorail resorts (must do Contemporary, Poly has very little due to construction) then headed to MVMCP. This was definitely worth the separate ticket! Maybe because it was during the week, but we had no issue getting good spots for all the shows. I recommend doing the 2nd parade and heading to the back of the park during the first one. We headed back to the hub for Holiday Wishes - Best. Fireworks. EVER!!! Watched the parade from Main Street - found a spot standing behind those sitting on the curb just 10 min beforehand. Watching the parade with snow falling down was priceless

Friday 12/12: Met up with more family at MK for a few hours including another ride on Mine Train. Made an unexpected trip to AK - two of my cousins had a FP+ for the safari so I went with them and did single rider for EE. Then off to Epcot (3 parks in 1 day - a first for me). We cut it a bit close for our Candlelight dinner at Biergarten so the younger members of the group ended up sprinting through the park to check in. Dinner was excellent as always but they need a better setup - the lines are way too long for a buffet. There was a loooong line for the 8:15 reserved seating but we had a great spot. Was disappointed that Joe Morton cancelled but Edward James Olmos was very good. Candlelight was breathtaking and really puts you in the holiday mood. Rest of family left but I stuck around for Illuminations (yes I am a little obsessed LOL).

Sat 12/13: Took a late flight out so I could spend some time with my cousins at Hollywood Studios. I had EMH so I did TSMM and some last minute shopping before meeting them. We even got to have lunch together before I walked back to Beach Club for my DME pickup.

Happy Holidays everyone!

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like you were ahead of the holiday crowds and able to get quite a bit done, very nice. I am a hazelnut fanatic so the Nutcracker Tea sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful holiday trip you had!! Thanks for telling us about it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you enjoyed every minute of your Disney visit! From the monorail resort decoration viewing to the extra events in the parks, you got to experience it all. What a joy!

Thanks for sharing with us - and Happy Holidays to you too!!!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it sounds like you really got a lot in on your WDW trip! One of my favorite things about the MVMCP is walking down Main Street with the snow. I can close my eyes and see it now.
    Thanks for sharing your trip.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: