Quantcast Project Runway Season 13 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Last night was DRA-MA. Part of me understands Korina's point but the minute she got mouthy she did herself in. Her bitter comments were are major turn off. This is not the first time she's shown this ugliness, either. She may have some interesting design ideas but she's not going to get very far with that attitude.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that really was ugly. She simply could not accept that she was not one of the best. I did not like her designs last night (and most weeks, her American Girl design was the only one of hers I really liked- but she did have some decent efforts). Really glad she's gone. Kini remains my favorite.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness she's gone. Oh, wait a minute from the preview of next weeks show it looks like she will be back again for continued ugliness.
    Go Kini, go Kini!!!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! Just got caught up (got back last night from Disney! Already miss it!). That was a lot of drama. I don't agree with the judges decision based on talent alone, I think korina deserved to stay. I haven't seen anything innovative from char. However, korina's attitude and sense of entitlement was awful do I'm certainly not sorry to see her go.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dobby2010 View Post
    I haven't seen anything innovative from char. However, korina's attitude and sense of entitlement was awful do I'm certainly not sorry to see her go.
    My sentiments, too. Korina hasn't WOWED me but she's had some OK pieces and at least tries some things that are a little different. Char is a nice person, but played it safe, and as Sherri has noted in this thread, her looks are dated. Korina's attitude, however, was awful! And the way in which she was influencing her model to trash talk as well? Ugh. Total mean girl.

I am also on team Kini. He just seems like a nice guy, and he almost always delivers.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so much drama. I really hope that they do a reunion episode. Would love to hear what Korina has to say for her behavior and if she has learned anything watching herself look like a spoiled brat.

Also do not understand how char has made it to fashion week. Her stuff looks very amateurish to me and slightly distasteful. Glad for the other three, like them all.
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on Char. Don't think she was worthy of Fashion Week based on those looks.
    Also, once again, did not get the fawning over Amanda's look. To me it looked like a more colorful version of the potato sack dress from I Love Lucy!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

my gf got me hooked on this show.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was sure surprised I thought that we were going to see 2 people go home. Char just doesn't seem to have the same level of talent as the other 3. Still in the "Go, Kini!" group. I'm so looking forward to seeing Tim's visit to Hawaii.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Just caught up. I still love Kini best, but I could see Sean winning, too (even though he bores me). I'm really surprised that they kept Char. Maybe to make up for Korina's bad attitude?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I sure hope Kini was really listening when the judges critiqued him. They weren't saying what he made was that bad, just the way he was presenting them. The way it was edited it looked as if he felt that he needed to completely start over in 24 hours with no money. I sure hoping he can pull this off, I still like his work the most. I loved the backyard luau, it brought back many fond memories of the years we lived in Hawaii.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Right, he just needed to change up a couple pieces and redo the styling. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard considering other challenges they've had.

I thought it was funny that they all seemed so shocked they had to present outfits to the judges. Have they never watched the show before!?! Lol.
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was funny that they all seemed so shocked they had to present outfits to the judges. Have they never watched the show before!?! Lol.
    I thought the same thing! And they are lucky because in a few seasons when there have been 4 finalists, they've cut one before they actually got to show at fashion week.
    I thought the judges were a little harsh on Kini. I hope he can pull himself together.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling due to editing that it was going to be Sean. I am not unhappy about the outcome. I would've been really annoyed had Amanda won. I got a little nervous when they were fawning all over her and even mentioned her name in the same sentence as Donna Karen?!?! PUH-LEASE. I think the final two should've been Sean and Kini. Char had some cool looks in the end, but they were right- I could go buy things like that right off the rack in a store.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how fashion is so subjective because I really loved Amanda's the best! I was fine with any of the final four winning (except char - she had no business being there), they were all so talented and had awesome collections.

Also cried like a baby when they showed Kini being comforted by his family. It's nice he has such a great support system. It was very moving.

And guess we won't have to wait long for more project runway fix since the next all star season starts next week.
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how fashion is so subjective because I really loved Amanda's the best! .
    To be fair, I liked about half of her collection. Some of the fits weren't very flattering. Some were great, though. I guess my opinion on her is a bit colored by my dislike of some of her earlier goofy looks that were praised. I feel like she kept being sent through due to the novelty of "redemption." Same with Char and the save.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    To be fair, I liked about half of her collection. Some of the fits weren't very flattering. Some were great, though. I guess my opinion on her is a bit colored by my dislike of some of her earlier goofy looks that were praised. I feel like she kept being sent through due to the novelty of "redemption." Same with Char and the save.
    Understandable
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched! I think it worked out as I expected it to judging from the past few weeks. Kini had some good pieces, but his final collection didn't wow me as much as his week to week looks did. I actually liked Char's collection better than I thought I would. I even liked the turquoise dress. Not in love with some of her prints and the fussier pieces.

I liked Amanda's collection. Her pants were cut wrong for my taste, too baggy, but I liked her prints and her loose dresses. I wasn't entirely on board with Sean's whole Caesar storyline. I still thought it was boring and too much fringe. But I think he will progress as he goes along and make a career of it. Kini was overall my favorite of the season and I loved his family moments, too. Very touching. I'm going to look up past seasons and watch the All Stars coming up.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I have been so crazy busy I haven't had time for my post anything.
    Char - Her garments were better than I thought they would be, but I still don't think she should of made Fashion Week showing. Some of the item were pretty rough in the construction.
    Amanda - She of her long dresses I absolutely loved. Worth a win? Not so much.
    Sean - The overall look of his work was very much a collection. The fringe Have you ever worn a dress with a lot of fringe? When I was in high school I made a flapper dress with rows and rows of fringe. That danged stuff tangles continually.
    Kini - I think he should have used some other fabric he would have been more successful. When his auntie chanted it broke my heart, we are talking major sobbing. The chant/song was a song my daughter wanted to dance hula to for her groom when she married, because of the melody. Her kumu (teacher) translated the story of a loved gone wrong when the man chooses another. Not quite what you what when you are the one with the man. The main refrain that repeats is, "Why not me?"
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: