Quantcast He/she was the perfect....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default He/she was the perfect....

Have you ever had a meet & greet with a non-costumed character and thought they were just the perfect person for that role? So much so that you're actually disappointed by others?

I have a few examples, but the most memorable is the first time we met Tinker Bell. She was awesome!! The ones we've met since just don't even come close. And, I really don't think this is a case of thinking that because she was the first one we met. We met many Auroras and Belles before we met the "perfect" ones.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really answer that question but I can say the guy playing Gaston, last year, was perfect in the role.

He heard me telling a child in line with me, yes, I wanted my photos with him, that Gaston was my favorite. He yelled back, while taking photos with another group, that he was his favorite, too.

It was that perfect touch that made everybody laugh and showed that he "got" the character and played it full tilt.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta ditto Gaston. I've seen him out and about a few times, met him once. Not even the same Gaston every time but man was he always "on."
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.

We saw the perfect Prince Charming. No one can compare.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Ours was Mary Poppins in Epcot. We saw one that was the epitome of who she should be. Next to Julie Andrews, herself, this Mary was perfect!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We met the perfect Gaston at the 2011 Halloween party! He was perfect and just "on" all the time like someone else mentioned. We saw a Gaston by the tavern this last trip and while I didn't get close enough to be able to tell how in character he was, he didn't look as much like Gaston as the other one.

Post Thanks / Like

Every Gaston I've seen has been incredible as far as being into the character. His personality lends to it being perfect character interaction. Love him!

I have to admit that I'm pretty particular in regard to characters when it comes to what I think is right for the role, looks and personality-wise. We've had some pretty amazing character experiences being overseas (those roles are hard to get), but my forever favorite will be the Aladdin we met in '06 while cheering my hubby at the WDW Marathon in MGM Studios. I'll forever compare every Aladdin to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 2009 we met Snow White in Epcot-Germany and she was perfect! She looked the part, her mannerisms were spot on, even her voice ... and I was totally convinced that she WAS Snow White! I've met a lot of good characters, but she was the best!
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Aladdin we saw, but it may have been earlier than '06.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

We watched Jack Sparrow in Adventureland a few years ago talking to a couple of kids in a street performance, and he was spot-on. Problem is, I haven't bothered to stop and check out the others since then, so I couldn't say.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

It's been about 5 years ago, but it was Capt Jack. He ran like him, looked like him and had all the mannerism like him. He was awesome. i could have wrapped him up and took him home with me.
    TinkX2

Next Visit - Dec 2017 Pop Century
    Dec 2016 - Pop Century
    Feb 2016 - Coronado Springs Resort
    Dec 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    June 2010 - Off-site
    June 2004 - Old Key West Resort
    May 2003 - All Star Music
    March 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan in the early 2000's. I think he really is/was Peter Pan! Perfect!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkx2 View Post
    It's been about 5 years ago, but it was Capt Jack. He ran like him, looked like him and had all the mannerism like him. He was awesome. i could have wrapped him up and took him home with me.
    I know EXACTLY which one you are talking about!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 2008 when the Fairies just started to be out, the line was long before a MVMCP. It was 30 minutes before and a CM asked if anyone in line wanted to meet the Princesses because there was no one there. The CM said she would put us right up front for the Fairies at the start of MVMCP when it started. So, we go. My daughter, almost 3, had been up since 5AM. She meets Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. She was the only one in there for 30 minutes. After about 5 minutes talking with them, she was taking pictures with them. She sat on Belles lap, Belle held her tight, and she started falling asleep and eventually did in her arms. She held her for about 15 minutes as she napped. I had to take her back because Belle had to change into her red ballroom gown for the MVMCP. When we got up to her, my daughter thanked her for letting her take a little nap. Completely precious and Belle remembered her.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

In Oct '09, we took our ODD for her first birthday. She wore her Tink costume, and we happened to be the last of the 3 parties allowed into Pixie Hollow at the time (back when it was still in the judge's tent). We met each of the fairies in turn, but when Tink saw our little Tink, she fell in love. She paraded her around, called the other fairies over (by this time, we were the only ones left in the room, and no one else was being allowed in yet), and they sat down and sang and played with ODD. I'm not sure how long we stayed in there, but my video lasts 5 minutes, and it was just the tail end. We've yet to meet another Tink who was quite so "Tink."
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

THis isn't exactly a character but last year we were there and DeVIne was doing her thing. suddenly we see a group of Emergency workers coming through with a lady on a stretcher. I happened to look up at her and she had the most sympathetic look of love, concern and warmth I have ever seen. I couldn't help but think that is actually how she would react. It was the perfect picturte.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Another funny interaction. a couple years ago my sister (who was well into her 40's) brought with her a Talking Mickey. when we were in HS we were having our pics taken with Donald. When it was her turn Donald looked one look at her with the Talking Mickey around her neck, turned his back in a huff and pretended to ignore her., then he turned around and kind of flicked the MIckey...she laughed, took it off and he hugged her and took the pic. I thought that was kind of funny, and exactly how you would expect Donald to act
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: