Quantcast Epcot Mysterious location on Google Earth

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Mysterious location on Google Earth

I was looking at Epcot on Google Earth and came across a Mystery that maybe someone will have an answer to: Centered between the French and Moroccan Pavilions and just outside the perimeter of guest accessibility, appears to a be a grouping of small houses closely packed together. There is even a picture located slightly to the right of this area entitled "Disney Glamour" which depicts a Small European style dwelling with some people in the background, one of which seems to be in "Cast Member" attire for one of the WS countries. Is this area "housing" for Cast Members from other Nations? If not what is it?
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think those are the Food and Wine (and Flower and Garden) Festival booths, judging by the size of them and the colorful roofs. They have to store them somewhere when they are not being used. They are definitely NOT CM "housing."
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Nat is right... They appear to be the booths for the Food and Wine Festival... Not housing for CMs...

Really want an Epcot mystery? Try to find what some people believe is the mystery monorail footer...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I believe Nat is right... They appear to be the booths for the Food and Wine Festival... Not housing for CMs...

Really want an Epcot mystery? Try to find what some people believe is the mystery monorail footer...
    ...and the PeopleMover pylons in Future World...and the 20K sub....and the Jungle Cruise boat...and why they *really* closed and tore down Horizons...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    ...and the PeopleMover pylons in Future World...and the 20K sub....and the Jungle Cruise boat...and why they *really* closed and tore down Horizons...
    Is there a book on this stuff somewhere? Sounds interesting to say the least...
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the 20K sub was seen in aerial photos, not sure if it can still be seen anymore... Why they torn down Horizons? Well, it wasn't cause of a sink hole.. That is internet lore, not based on reality... Where was the Jungle Cruise boat? And PeopleMover pylons in Future World? First I heard of that one...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Well, the 20K sub was seen in aerial photos, not sure if it can still be seen anymore... Why they torn down Horizons? Well, it wasn't cause of a sink hole.. That is internet lore, not based on reality... Where was the Jungle Cruise boat? And PeopleMover pylons in Future World? First I heard of that one...
    Wasn't a peoplemover supposed to go through the top floor of communicore initially?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Wasn't a peoplemover supposed to go through the top floor of communicore initially?
    Honestly, I don't know... And I have a book on the history of Epcot... Maybe I need to check it out again and see if they mention anything in there....

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's all over reputable sites online.. I'm gonna go with "true" on that one.

It would be awesome if that little village was not actual good and wine trucks but instead housing for the elderly IASW dolls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Well it's all over reputable sites online.. I'm gonna go with "true" on that one.

It would be awesome if that little village was not actual good and wine trucks but instead housing for the elderly IASW dolls.
    Guess I really do need to look into that... Honestly, first I heard about it... I'll check it out, thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding, the sinkhole was just a made up story?

That was REALLY a stupid tear-down then. The sink hole theory always made me feel better about Horizons being gone.
    Going on 25+ visits
    1980-1999
    Villas, Contemporary, The Dolphin, Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports, ALM, Dixie Landings
    2000 All Star Movies
    2000 Dixie Landings
    2001 Disney Institute Villas
    2001, 2002, 2003 Riverside
    2004-2013 Dolphin
    2010 First trip to Disneyland! - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vallerii View Post
    No kidding, the sinkhole was just a made up story?

That was REALLY a stupid tear-down then. The sink hole theory always made me feel better about Horizons being gone.
    Sinkhole story I heard on a reputable podcast, and have read on a popular and reputable fan site as well, over 5 years ago:

The Odyssey was supposed to be built in between The Living Seas and Communicore (attached to Communicore?). A sinkhole occurred, so they had to come up with alternative plans so they moved the restaurant to its current, out of the way location.

Apparently, old concept art work shows this.

Post Thanks / Like

That lake by Odyssey: sinkhole... Sinkhole over by Horizons? Not so much... At least not the real reason Horizons was torn down...

Post Thanks / Like

The story I got on Horizons was the fact the heavy ride vehicles, after so many years hanging from the track in the ceiling of the nearly wide-open structure, were actually weighing down the track, pulling it out of its support structure. With nearly forty feet of open space between the actual top level of the ride and the floor plan, the ride vehicles could have had a tendency to literally fall off of their ride track, or take the track out of the ceiling with it.

This was the story that I got.

As for the PeopleMover pylons, they're *there* - in the breezeways between the two Innoventions East and West (like you're going toward Mission: Space or The Land). The PeopleMover was to have transported guests around Future World, much like in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

The story I got on Horizons was the fact the heavy ride vehicles, after so many years hanging from the track in the ceiling of the nearly wide-open structure, were actually weighing down the track, pulling it out of its support structure. With nearly forty feet of open space between the actual top level of the ride and the floor plan, the ride vehicles could have had a tendency to literally fall off of their ride track, or take the track out of the ceiling with it.
    That is my understanding... or at least something close... More building structure than sinkhole issue...

As for the PeopleMover pylons, they're *there* - in the breezeways between the two Innoventions East and West (like you're going toward Mission: Space or The Land). The PeopleMover was to have transported guests around Future World, much like in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom.
    Interesting... Have to take note next time... Are they out in the open or under the covering?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: