Quantcast Stuck on a ride????? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the monorail counts as a ride, but my kids consider it a ride. Several years ago, we got stuck on the monorail between CR and TTC. It was after MK had closed, when the monorails used to operate more than an hour past closing time. We sat just off the platform at TTC for at least 45 minutes in complete darkness. I don't know if there was an electrical issue. or the exact problem, but I do know that after 20 minutes with no air circulation, those cars get hot! Finally, the train made it to the platform. The CM's had to manually pry open the doors. None of the CM's acted like anything out of the ordinary had happened. The whole experience was strange.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I don't know if the monorail counts as a ride, but my kids consider it a ride. Several years ago, we got stuck on the monorail between CR and TTC. It was after MK had closed, when the monorails used to operate more than an hour past closing time. We sat just off the platform at TTC for at least 45 minutes in complete darkness. I don't know if there was an electrical issue. or the exact problem, but I do know that after 20 minutes with no air circulation, those cars get hot! Finally, the train made it to the platform. The CM's had to manually pry open the doors. None of the CM's acted like anything out of the ordinary had happened. The whole experience was strange.
    Most recently, we were stuck on Pooh and had to walk out. Kinda a weird feeling walking out.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

This past trip, Splash Mtn. stopped twice on one ride. Both times the lights came on, and the second stop was right before the hill to the big drop. Definitely ruined the feel.

On the flip side, one of the times we rode Haunted Mansion there were no stops!! First time in several trips that we've gotten all the way through that ride without it stopping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    This past trip, Splash Mtn. stopped twice on one ride. Both times the lights came on, and the second stop was right before the hill to the big drop. Definitely ruined the feel.

On the flip side, one of the times we rode Haunted Mansion there were no stops!! First time in several trips that we've gotten all the way through that ride without it stopping.
    Well, since in Florida 1 in 3 people use a scooter at WDW, they stop all the time to let those folks on. I've always felt they should limit the number of assisted folks on the ride as to not ruin the ride for everyone else.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

a few times.

1. Haunted Mansion in the spell room, with the levitating instruments. Sat there for about 10 minutes, but it was a really hot day and I welcomed the stay in the dark, cold room. Plus I got to notice the little details more.

2. El Gran Fiesta right at the end where they have the fireworks and the stage. It's about a 30 second loop of traditional Mexican song "Adelita" and Donald screaming "HASTA LA VISTA!" 15 of the longest minutes you'll have. Still, I get a chuckle thinking about it actually.

3. TTA People mover right between the two launch/lift tracks inside Space Mountain. I didn't mind this one bit, again, as it was a hot day and I love SM. I was there long enough to snap some pix and record a video of myself explaining what was going on.

Like someone said before, you go to WDW enough you'll get stuck at least once, but I see getting stuck as bonus time on the ride so to speak, and a nice story to tell later.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Just got stuck last Friday morning on Tower of Terror. We were there about 15-20 minutes. Once they got us out we were ushered out to the next elevator and all went fine. My only annoyance about it was I had timed out my ride so I could get a good spot for the Star Wars parade. By the time I got out it was packed. I got a reasonable spot but had to stay wrapped around a tree practically to keep my spot and get pictures.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on Toy Story Mania during the soft opening for live forever! Honestly a good 45 minutes maybe an hour. The poor family in front of us had several young children and 3 of them were seated on 1 side together. When we stopped, both parents stopped facing each other and the set of 3 kids stopped facing a wall practically. We were in that last turn. The poor mother was screaming for help. It was traumatic to say the least. Now every time we get on the ride I make sure to leave some wiggle room in the seat just incase we need to get out. Its by far one of my favorite ride but I will never forget that experience.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: