Quantcast Magic Bands Now Available for Purchase for Off-Site Guests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Magic Bands Now Available for Purchase for Off-Site Guests

As part of the test-and-adjust process for MyMagic+, Day Guests (those Guests who are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel) are now able to make FastPass+ selections 30 days in advance of their trip and can purchase MagicBands to link to their plans in My Disney Experience.

Day Guests may make FastPass+ selections for each day they have admission linked in My Disney Experience starting 30 days in advance of their visit.

While day Guests are not issued MagicBands, they may use their RF-enabled theme park admission to enter the theme parks and redeem FastPass+ selections, or they may purchase a MagicBand and link their theme park admission to the MagicBand.

MagicBands will be available to purchase for $12.96 plus tax at Walt Disney World Resort Park merchandise locations and at Downtown Disney®. They will be available in all seven colors – pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray and yellow.

After a MagicBand is purchased, Cast Members will link the Guest’s admission media (or other RF media such as an existing MagicBand or Memory Maker card) to the retail MagicBand. If the Guest’s ticket is already linked to his/her My Disney Experience account, all of the plans, such as tickets, dining reservations and FastPass+ selections, will be seamlessly linked to their new MagicBand.?

Touch to pay is not available for day Guests. Only Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels who establish charging privileges upon check-in are able to touch to pay using MagicBands or RF-enabled theme park tickets.

As a reminder, MagicBands are available to all Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just crazy enough to be an April Fool's Joke. Can you imagine the nightmare of the CM's trying to link everything to the MB ... will they really be doing that park at the store where the MB is purchased? I think I'd just stick to the card.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It should be as easy as just scanning the MB. It shouldn't be any more difficult than getting your KTTW card at check in or getting a replacement ticket if you lost one..

Post Thanks / Like

My disney tickets are coming tomorrow. Am I correct in thinking I will:

a) link my paper tickets online or with the My Disney Experience app
    b) make fastpass+ selections
    c) purchase a magic band once I get to the parks
    d) have my tickets "loaded" onto the band by a cast member

Is this right?
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    My disney tickets are coming tomorrow. Am I correct in thinking I will:

a) link my paper tickets online or with the My Disney Experience app
    b) make fastpass+ selections
    c) purchase a magic band once I get to the parks
    d) have my tickets "loaded" onto the band by a cast member

Is this right?
    Since this is all new, I'm not sure how this will work. It appears that they expect off-site guests to purchase a magic band so I don't know if they will require the purchase of the band before your can make your fastpass+ selections or not.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This is weird. I can understand not sending out "free" bands to just anybody who says they're buying tickets to the parks, but $12.96 + $17 for parking is nearly $30+ over what you're already paying for park admission. This is a fool's game.

The bands make little sense for anybody who isn't staying on property and able to also use the band as room keys, payment authorization, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

The way I read it is no off-site guest is required to purchase a Magic Band to use FP+ To quote Mel from below:

"While day Guests are not issued MagicBands, they may use their RF-enabled theme park admission to enter the theme parks and redeem FastPass+ selections, or they may purchase a MagicBand and link their theme park admission to the MagicBand."

So if you order tickets from a place like Official Ticket Center, when they arrive in the mail at your home you can log into MDE and link the tickets to your account and make FP+ selections at 30 days out. When you arrive at the parks, you use the RFID in the tickets to enter and (likely) will tap them at the FP+ post outside the attraction you have a FP for, instead of the Magic Band. I already have a Magic Band from a previous trip, but if I stay offsite with others at some point I can't imagine them paying $13 for something they won't need and then have to wait in line for a CM to transfer their FP+ info and tickets to the Magic Band when a physical ticket will do the same thing.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The bands make little sense for anybody who isn't staying on property and able to also use the band as room keys, payment authorization, etc.
    You're 100% right, this is basically 13 bucks per person to have a wristband ticket instead of a credit card shaped ticket.

That said, people make a lot of silly/unwise/frivolous purchasing decisions that they probably wouldn't make otherwise when the name 'Disney' is attached to something and I'm sure a good chunk of them will buy these bands.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: