Quantcast Okay, I'm really gonna do it. Solo trip January 23 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed your reports. Sounds like a fun time.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love how you grade your meals..Thanks for the reports

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day nine- January 31

Last day, sitting in Coronado lobby for three hours waiting for DME. When I planned this, it seemed like a golden opportunity to have some time to explore the resort. However since I am not a duck, I am sitting here reading and watching the rain. Had late breakfast at Pepper Market- Biscuits & Gravy B+, theming A. I can see how people just might dump their tags before checking out( you take a tag, the servers stamp it with what you get, you eat, then you go pay with your tag, problem if you lose tag.
    Final reflections:
    On past trips at this point I am anxious to get home for many reasons, today all that I am missing about home is my son, I will be glad to see him.
    All Star Music was good, great theming at the All Stars and the price can't be beat. Bus service and food court are packed, but again the price is right.
    Coronado Springs is beautiful! However it definitely has a business/ convention feel to it more than a Disney feel. You also need to be aware that you room could possibly be 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the main building. There are four bus stops, so you will not have that long of a walk to catch a bus.
    Cast members were efficient and 70% friendly, those that weren't friendly weren't nasty, just sort of vacant.
    The weather was all over the map, it was close to 80 on Tuesday, then high 40s with steady rain on Wednesday. It has been gray and wet for three days in a row now. Winter in Florida has all sorts of possibilities. If weather doesn't bother you- the parks are a lot less crowded when it is bad.
    While late January is still probably considered a " slow" time, it seems that The South American invasion has pumped up the crowds quite a bit.
    As to our guests from the south, I encountered not one instance of rudeness, line cutting, or excessive noise. Everyone I ran into was extremely polite.
    Epcot remains my favorite park. World Showcase is pretty amazing, though they do need to invest some money in Future World soon- reimagine Imagination? New ending for Spaceship Earth?
    Magic Kingdom is still- magic. TTA and the Mansion are my enduring favorites, and there is just so much to do!
    Studios needs to rip out the backlot tour ( maybe save Catastrophe Canyon?) and use that space for something big. Right now for me, Studios is a 3-4 hour park because I don't do Rockin Roller or Tower.
    I enjoy Animal Kingdom, on the fence about the Avatar stuff, we'll see.
    Downtown Disney packs the people in, it's pretty amazing we all have money for Disney to keep vacuuming in there. I like the dining options,the outdoor music is good. Didn't get inside Splitsville, but I like the idea. Cirque is tremendous, would love to them refurb and create a new show someday. It seems like they could plug in some of the old Pleasure Island concepts and be successful- comedy club? Adventurer's Club?
    Mostly a good trip. Disney trips for me tend to be more challenge than relaxation. Every time I think that I should rest, I think " I can rest at home, I'm at Disney, who knows when I'll be back". So I end up worn out.
    Going solo had lonely moments, but as other people have said- it it pretty liberating to do what you want to do on a whim. Take the first bus that pulls up, go explore a hotel lobby that you are interested in, ride the same ride three times in a row, eat when and where you feel like it.
    Magical Express calls- back to California and real life.
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Loved reading your trip reports. Hopefully next time you go to the "World" it will have gone through some updating (That is what I am hoping for my next trip as well). All in all it sounds like you had a great trip.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed your reports. Thank you for sharing.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for sharing!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denygold View Post
    Cast members were efficient and 70% friendly, those that weren't friendly weren't nasty, just sort of vacant.
    The weather was all over the map, it was close to 80 on Tuesday, then high 40s with steady rain on Wednesday. It has been gray and wet for three days in a row now. Winter in Florida has all sorts of possibilities. If weather doesn't bother you- the parks are a lot less crowded when it is bad.
    While late January is still probably considered a " slow" time, it seems that The South American invasion has pumped up the crowds quite a bit.
    As to our guests from the south, I encountered not one instance of rudeness, line cutting, or excessive noise. Everyone I ran into was extremely polite.
    Epcot remains my favorite park. World Showcase is pretty amazing, though they do need to invest some money in Future World soon- reimagine Imagination? New ending for Spaceship Earth?
    Magic Kingdom is still- magic. TTA and the Mansion are my enduring favorites, and there is just so much to do!
    Studios needs to rip out the backlot tour ( maybe save Catastrophe Canyon?) and use that space for something big. Right now for me, Studios is a 3-4 hour park because I don't do Rockin Roller or Tower.
    I enjoy Animal Kingdom, on the fence about the Avatar stuff, we'll see.
    Enjoyed your report. We were there at the same time. I almost feel like I don't have to finish my report, because I just agree 100% with what you said above. The quiet time doesn't feel so quiet anymore, and there definitely isn't a lot of English being spoken. Didn't create any problems at all for us either though. Still love, love Epcot, but the reality is that at least half of future world (Innoventions, Imagination, Energy and Space, IMO. Did I mention Innoventions? ) could stand to be completely re-done. Animal Kingdom might be my favorite park right now, but I'm nervous about what Avatar is going to do to it.
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your trip reports. The fact that they were all located under one thread made it super easy to follow you. I will try that next time instead of making a new thread for each day.

Have to agree with your impression of Coronado Springs. It is big and more convention-oriented than the other Disney resorts.

Your solo trip was fun to read about. Glad you had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, happy belated birthday!

Sounds like your trip had more ups than downs, and you ultimately had a good time. Thanks for taking the time to share with us all!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you get a magical express envelope before checkout anymore do you? I think the times are set up when you get your packet in the mail before your trip. Glad you had a good time and the crowds were light!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: