Quantcast Too old for BBBoutique?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too old for BBBoutique?

We will be at WDW in February. It will be my step-daughter's first trip. She's 10, is that too old to enjoy Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? She's not really into the Princesses any longer but loves having her hair styled & playing w/make-up.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago you could just get the makeup done without the princess attire. It is very popular and they have made changes to the rules throughout the years but I hope a 10 years young girl is not too old to enjoy this.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

The website states children aged 3-12 for BBB. So, she is within those requirements.

What we did a few years back with my DD14, while my son was getting his haircut at the Main Street Barber at MK, she had her hair sprinkled with special confetti and then they sprayed her hair with glitter hairspray. She already had her hair up in a bun and headband, but you could always bring a tiara from a Dollar Store from home and there you go....a princess is born.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

If she likes get hair and make up, she should still enjoy it. They offer four different hairstyles.
    -Fairy tale princess
    -Disney Diva
    -Pop Princess
    -Color Star

They are different enough that she should find one that she likes. There are also 4 packages. The first level (Coach) is just the hair, makeup and a princess sash. The next level up adds nail polish. It is only the top package that includes the princess dress.

They also get a little tote to keep that contains their left over make up. My daughter was only 3 when we did it but I think any girl who enjoys getting a makeover would love it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know there was an age limit. I saw a great video of a ninety year old woman getting a princess makeover at BBB. She had a blast

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The age requirement changed and I totally agree with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I didn't know there was an age limit. I saw a great video of a ninety year old woman getting a princess makeover at BBB. She had a blast
    When it first opened, there wasn't an age limit. It was introduced a couple of years ago, and they are strict with both the upper and lower ages.

Pirates League is still all-ages (a son, dad and grandpa were all becoming pirates last time we were there), as is the Barbershop.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    When it first opened, there wasn't an age limit. It was introduced a couple of years ago, and they are strict with both the upper and lower ages.

Pirates League is still all-ages (a son, dad and grandpa were all becoming pirates last time we were there), as is the Barbershop.
    Probably a good thing overall. I heard it was so busy for awhile people couldn't get in. Still the 90 year old lady was precious glad she got the experience before the change was made

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

But yet, didn't they just recently "doll up" the Miss America contestants? Or are they all "10 years old"? :P
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! I think I will book her the "smaller package" with the hair, make-up and nails. We can make it feel more like a "tween" salon experience. I think she feels the "princesses" are babyish and as most girls in the 10-12 age group is struggling between enjoying being a kid still but wanting to be more mature! That's the whole purpose of this trip, to enjoy the time with her while she's still a joyful kid before she becomes one of those angst-filled that hides in their room, lol!

Oh and MissyMouseWorld, while on this trip we are going to take our 20 month old for his "first hair cut" at the barber shop.

Post Thanks / Like

10 is not too old at all I hope she enjoys it! I actually have seen a video on YouTube of a woman 18+ getting her hair done there. I don't think there is a limit on the age in which you can get your hair done there just on the costume.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I don't think there is a limit on the age in which you can get your hair done there just on the costume.
    Just so no one is disappointed, there is now an age limit, you have to be between 3 - 12. Any older or younger, and you'll have to find another "make-over" experience.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Just so no one is disappointed, there is now an age limit, you have to be between 3 - 12. Any older or younger, and you'll have to find another "make-over" experience.
    That is completely unfair I was planning on going there one day. Oh well less money for Disney.....
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    That is completely unfair I was planning on going there one day. Oh well less money for Disney.....
    I agree with you Disney has adult sized tee shirts for kids who are the same size as an adult.If kid is the same size as an adult how do we know there under 12 and if they not under 12 how do they have the right to block out other people.It just doesn't seem fair.

Disney has lost its magic and forget Disney is place forever one to be a kid.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: