Quantcast No-Show Charges for all Table Service ADR's - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm not loving that. We like to be more spontaneous. But on the other hand, this might free up more dining reservations and make it easier to enjoy our favorites without having to book so far in advance. People will be more hesitant to book 180 days out if they know it will cost them to cancel. The people who make it a habit to routinely overbook might change tactics.
    If they will set aside a certain number of tables for walk-ups, I'm for them charging for no-shows. I don't mind waiting a bit (15-20 minutes) as a walk-up if there is a chance in heck of getting seated. This ADR business blocks travelers from making spontaneous and fun decisions to try a new place.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this. With everyone making ADR at the 180 day mark it was getting near impossible to get reservations for just a quick unplanned trip to the world.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Middle of the Map View Post
    If they will set aside a certain number of tables for walk-ups, I'm for them charging for no-shows. I don't mind waiting a bit (15-20 minutes) as a walk-up if there is a chance in heck of getting seated. This ADR business blocks travelers from making spontaneous and fun decisions to try a new place.
    I see your point. I understand it completely. I'd LOVE to be able to be spontaneous sometimes too (and I'm a planner). But, why in the world would Disney leave tables open when they could have assurances of them being filled every single day? It wouldn't make financial sense for them to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this. I hope it helps maximize reservation spots. How many tie up a bunch of spots b/c they may or want flexibility in THEIR trip, but everyone else be damned.

So, good.

As far as the argument, "well what if something comes up and we can't make it." Well, that would be true if you couldn't fly, or many other things in life. Plus, less we not forget. We all can afford the 1000's of $$ it takes to go to Disney. What is a $10 cancellation fee.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for us it would be a $40 cancellation fee. You have to remember to times it by the number in the group.

I don't recall us ever not being able to make a reservation, but if in the future we opt to book something and have to cancel, so be it. We'll deal with the fee. However, I agree that 24 hours is a bit harsh. They could let you cancel 4 hours ahead and still be able to fill those tables.

I don't agree that they couldn't fill the tables if they set some aside for walk ups. People still try walking up all the time and I think those tables would easily get filled. Plus, if this new policy allows us to be more spontaneous with TS again by being able to do walk ups, I'm all for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    However, I agree that 24 hours is a bit harsh. They could let you cancel 4 hours ahead and still be able to fill those tables.
    Given the nature of WDW and TS restaurants, 24 hours is not of considerably more benefit than 4 hours. I also do not believe they are more likely to fill the tables with a 24 hour notice either. I realize they feel the need to set some sort of deadline, but 24 hours for all TS is overkill and of no benefit to anyone but Disney. Perhaps this is recognition that this whole 180-day ADR business has all but killed the idea of guests walking up to TS restaurants. Anyone familiar with the battle over ADR slots is unlikely to try to walk up to many restaurants, no matter how empty they may look.

So charging $10 per guest is better than the completely empty restaurant they know they will have. Not because they think they will somehow pick up new reservations or walk up traffic to fill the gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, the policy is not 24 hours. It is:
    To avoid the penalty, the cancellation must be made up to 11:59pm on the day before the reservation.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Just to clarify, the policy is not 24 hours. It is:
    Still not that much of a help if we decide in the morning or even around lunchtime that we may not want a big meal for dinner, or we're in the mood for something else, etc.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Still not that much of a help if we decide in the morning or even around lunchtime that we may not want a big meal for dinner, or we're in the mood for something else, etc.
    It is better than the 24 hour+ mark, but it appears it is a bit lazy of an implementation. They have the same 11:59 PM deadline for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I think the best answer would be an overhaul of how this is all managed, and hopefully they will phase something like that in.

The proper solution would have been to only allow 180 day ADRs for the restaurants that previously had a credit card hold involved. All others would not be allowed to be made more than 24 hours in advance. People are more likely to only select what they really want then. Under the current arrangement, they feel the need to schedule something/anything because it is a mad rush to grab every slot available for fear of ending up with nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post

The proper solution would have been to only allow 180 day ADRs for the restaurants that previously had a credit card hold involved. All others would not be allowed to be made more than 24 hours in advance. People are more likely to only select what they really want then. Under the current arrangement, they feel the need to schedule something/anything because it is a mad rush to grab every slot available for fear of ending up with nothing.
    I disagree, I don't want to fight for reservations while I'm at WDW. I would rather plan ahead so I know where I'm going and relax about it. Less than 24 hours for cancellation would be preferable, but I like ADRs.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    I disagree, I don't want to fight for reservations while I'm at WDW. I would rather plan ahead so I know where I'm going and relax about it. Less than 24 hours for cancellation would be preferable, but I like ADRs.

I agree with your disagreement. I want to plan ahead. I don't necessarily need 180 days, but I will if it means getting the reservations I want. On the other hand, why would WDW do away with the majority of their reservations and just hope tables would fill up each night, when they can guarantee they're filled by booking reservations?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this asked a couple of times but didn't see an answer. Does anyone know if you'd be charged if you show up for your reservation and one person isn't with you? Say you're at the parks and Aunt Ruby decides she wants to head back to the resort and go to bed early - do you then get charged the $10 for her no show, even though the rest of your group is there?
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I saw this asked a couple of times but didn't see an answer. Does anyone know if you'd be charged if you show up for your reservation and one person isn't with you? Say you're at the parks and Aunt Ruby decides she wants to head back to the resort and go to bed early - do you then get charged the $10 for her no show, even though the rest of your group is there?
    Unknown. BUT, I would expect the answer to be no, you won't be charged for one person not being with your group. You are still using your reservation, and therefore taking up a table and spending $$$ on your meal, so there is no (or not much) loss to the restaurant.

On the other hand, if you have a reservation for 4 and only one shows up, then there may be a charge.

Just my thoughts.....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a problem with the idea of a cancellation fee. In fact, I think it's a good idea. My problem is that I fear it will not dter people from abusing the system. Reason being - the same people who abuse the system and make multiple resevations are the same type of people who would have no trouble making up a story to get them out of paying a cancellation fee. I can already think of a few ways and I consider myself to be an honest person so just imagine what the outlaws will think of.

Post Thanks / Like

So... My fear is that the majority of fees will be paid by the good people who are genuinely honest and just couldn't make the resevation but are too honest to fight the fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, isn't that how the world works.

But, what is there to fight? There is no fighting. Just have to live with it.

Besides, this, along w/ FP+ and im' sure new, unknown changes. You'll have to plan all your trips 10 years in advance. I plan to use the bathroom in Fantasyland on May 23rd, at 2.12 pm.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    On a few different occasions, DH has not felt well and so our party of three was diminished to just my son and I for a few of the ADRs which required a credit card up front. At check-in I explain that we are short a family member, and that there will be just two of us. Never had a problem with them charging for the missing person in the group.

That being said, I'll throw this in. If you are talking about one person not showing up for a dinner show such as Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha, I know they will not refund your money if a member of your party is absent.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post this as I just got off the phone with a CM about trying to find a better time (earlier) for BOG (my 180 mark was today and after checking online, I wasn't sure if the CMs had access to other times than what was online).

Anyway, I asked the CM if, by chance, on the day of my reservation, I happened to see an earlier time that I wanted on MDE, would I be charged the cancellation fee if I booked that time and cancelled my current reservation (same restaurant, same date, different time).

I was told yes, the cancellation fee would apply. The only way not to be charged the fee is to call the reservation line and have the CMs modify the reservation from one to the other. Otherwise, the computer only recognizes it as a cancellation.

Just wanted to let everyone know this because I didn't think this would apply if you were just changing the time of the reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really tired of the actions of the few ruining it for the many. But, this isn't something unique to Disney, that's for sure. This particular change doesn't really affect me personally as the only time we ever book ADR's any more if is we're going to need a table for more than six people.

We usually don't have a tremendously difficult time finding a place to eat when we're hungry, and to be honest, many of the TS restaurants are becoming too pricey for us anyway. We'd rather spend less on food and more on other things. As many posters on this board have said, there is good and bad to this. For those of you who follow the rules, I hope you are not impacted by the "bad".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    WDW vacations aren't that complicated.
    I totally disagree with this statement.

I know I am but the more rigidly I have to plan for a WDW vacation, the more I like traveling to Disneyland instead.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: