Quantcast Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - back home and final thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - back home and final thoughts

Cast
    Dragongirlx (Ruth)
    Jeniflower
    we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

It was our last day  The plan was to pack and then hang about the lodge till the bus came.
    Breakfast was an enormous sticky bun from roaring forks. We packed and amazingly managed to fit everything in and then left our lovely room around 11.
    We went downstairs and sat in the chairs by the little pool and bridge and read books (thanks Kindle) till our bus came. The bus was a little late due to a crash near the airport but we got on and were headed back to the airport. A short journey later we were there. Checked in with Virgin Atlantic and went for a quick look around the shops. Now the whole time we were in the parks I had been looking for a Disney cover for my phone. However I have a Samsung galaxy 4 and all the covers were for I phones. Walked into the Disney store in the airport and what did I find a Minnie Mouse cover for my phone. Of course I had to buy it and a few last minute treats. We looked briefly in the universal store but didn’t find anything and then headed through security. First time going through the body scanners but it wasn’t a hassle. Brief stop to pick up a nasal spray for Jeniflower and on to the gate. We didn’t have to wait long to be loaded and before I knew it we were on our way. I managed to sleep through the flight but Jeniflower didn’t because of her cold. We arrived in London, picked up our luggage, transferred terminals, checked in with BA and went through security again. Our flight to Edinburgh was delayed so we had breakfast at Starbucks while we waited. We eventually were on our way and were back in Edinburgh around 1pm and back in Musselburgh not long after.

Highlights of the trip

Pick a pearl – I could do this 100 times and I love to watch others do it as well
    Test Track – love love love the new version
    Vinylmation – the new little mermaid ones were so cute (even if I did end up with 3 Sebastian’s)
    Wilderness Lodge – love it here and the room was perfect as always
    Animation Academy - So much fun to do and my drawings do look like the characters which is great for someone who could never really draw.
    Be our Guest – fabulous for both dinner and lunch and I love the West Wing
    New Fantasyland – this is great and I can’t wait for the mine train
    Duffy – Yes I bought one and I got him a Sully suit to wear now I just have to stop my nieces and nephew stealing him.

Lowlights of the Trip
    Vinylmation – Beauty and the Beast had just been taken off the shelves and I really wanted some and now I see there are marvel super heroes and I really want them too.
    Cuddly world themed merchandise – all the countries of the world themed Mickey’s, Donald, Minnies, Goofys and Plutos had vanished from the world showcase. I think I only saw one in Germany. I really like these and would have bought them
    UK Pavilion – every year this seems to be more the England Pavilion. Dear Disney please can we have more specific themed merchandise from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and please bring back the antenna toppers that were specific to each part of the UK. Also the republic of Ireland is not part of the UK so please stop representing it as such.
    Hollywood Studios parade – this park really needs a parade to break up the day. I suggest bringing back the stars in motor cars parade as that was brilliant.
    Going Home - Never mind I will hopefully be back next year
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really sounds like you had a fabulous trip. The last two days in the parks seemed especially action packed.

Thank you so much for posting your trip reports and bringing us along on your journey. I miss WDW greatly.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Very glad you had a safe trip back. Can't wait to read next year's report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports and totally agree about the UK pavillion...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

As always, I have enjoyed your reports! Thanks for sharing your trip with us and I will look forward to reading about next year's trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: