Quantcast Legoland - Worth the Effort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Legoland - Worth the Effort?

We are Disney diehards abd never leave the property during our stays. However, with the recent opening of Legoland my 9yo son is interested in making the trek off property and up to Legoland. I'm thinking that since he is 9 it is probably now or never. I couldn't imagine him wanting to go when he is 15. I don't mind making the trip if it is something he will enjoy, but I'm just wondering how statisied people were with their time there? Is there enough to occupy a good portion of your day?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct 9 is a good age and by 15 you would have missed the boat.

My kids enjoyed legoland. They were 10 and 7. yes we were there all day (open to close) my kids rode their favorite rides several times and we spent quite some time looking at the lego models.

Note: we had our own car and driving to Legoland was not a hassle for us. I do not know how complicated it is if without personal transportation.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year when it first opened. My kids were 4 and 6. They both really enjoyed it and have asked to go back.

We were there all day and didn't have time to see the water show. They have also added the water park section and the new Chima section so filling the day should be easy.

I think 9 is a good age to go especially if he likes Legos. It is definitely a park geared to children 12 and under. It is not a park I would go to by myself, but I enjoyed taking my kids there.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We did this about a month ago instead of Disney before our cruise. It was pretty decent. It's a nice park, well maintained, staff was very friendly and we thought it was a really good value.

It's not a Disney theme park. My little one still talks about it though, he's looking forward to going back next year. We did a mostly whole day and didn't get a chance to see the new Chimera section. It was July 6th and the park was pretty empty, caught me off guard since we were expecting it to be swamped.

It's about a 45 minute drive from Disney. We rented a car over the Dolphin and drove from there.

The Lego sets are not outrageously priced either. I was expecting to pay top dollar, but they were on par with Amazon. Had a few sets we hadn't seen before.

For lunch, we did the all you can eat 'pizza' place. It's your typical (read bad) Florida pizza, but it filled us all up and we left happy.

My only complaint is they are a Pepsi park.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Totally worth it for 9 year old

My son went in April and LOVED every second of it . He could not stop talking about every detail on every ride . It was and I quote " The best day of my life , EVER!" . My 13 daughter went along and semi enjoyed it . Wife found the shows to be entertaining. Myself and 16 yo son bailed on the entire affair.

It is far from WDW so your own car or getting one of the LEGOLAND packages is a must.

Post Thanks / Like

We went last fall as a day away from Disney, which we never stray. My boys were 4 and 10 and enjoyed the park, which we nearly had all to ourselves. Lines were quite short and when we did wait it was for what I thought was a "dumb" ride....a safari type car ride for kids; other than that we rode lots of rides multiple times without a wait. We thought the double decker carousel was neat and rode "upstairs". Spent a good deal of time in miniland which was very neat! We did not see the water show as my kids don't like to sit through shows (I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast show in several years!!!). There were a few food stands closed so we too ate the all you car to eat pizza (it wash edible but no our first, second or third choice). We were there from just shortly after opening until closing and my kids would go back!

Side note.....if you get the Lego kids magazine....check there for kids go free tickets!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! We have the free kids ticket too which helps the argument. Now I just have to look into getting a reasonable car rental for the day.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: