Quantcast Resort mugs - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resort mugs

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, cool. Were they still offering lifetime resort refillable mugs at that time as well?
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Orlandoparksnews is reporting a new "Rapid Fill" mugs program being rolled out starting THIS month! (ETA by mod: Article below)

It's an RFID chip enabled mug that allows 4 refills per hour. It's also priced according to your length of stay:
    $8.99 for one day
    $11.99 for 2 days
    $14.99 for 3 days
    $17.99 for stays of 4-14 days

Additional days can be added on as long as it's part of a consecutive stay at a WDW Resort.

So roll out the new mugs!
    Last edited by Melanie; 07-07-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Here's the article from Orlando Theme Park News:
    Something new is coming to all the Disney hotels here in the Walt Disney World Resort in the next few weeks:

A new refillable mug program — Rapid Fill — will roll out at resort locations with self-service beverage stations at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The introduction of these new mugs will take place in a phased approach beginning in July with Disney’s All Star Resorts, where the program originally piloted in 2011. The new Rapid Fill mugs have a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days (with the option of adding additional days) all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be CONSECUTIVE). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display. Rapid Fill mugs may be purchased and used at any resort self-service beverage island. Disney Dining Plan Guests will receive this mug as part of their package.

Here you are just some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) you may have about the "Rapid Fill" mugs:

- What's the difference between the current Resort Refillable mugs and the Rapid Fill mugs?
    The Rapid Fill mugs offer Guests flexibility by allowing them to choose one, two, or three days of refills or for their entire length of stay. The RFID (radio frequency identification) chip installed in the mug alerts Guests as to how many days they have remaining on their mug. The program was tested in 2011 at Disney’s All Star Resorts and is similar to the technology currently used in mugs sold at Disney water parks.*

- Can non-Walt Disney World Resort Guests purchase and use the mug?*
    Yes. Anyone can purchase and use the Rapid Fill mugs at any resort self-service beverage station.

- Can the Rapid Fill mugs be used in multiple resort hotels?*
    Yes. The Rapid Fill mugs may be enjoyed at any resort hotel self-service beverage station.*

- Can I bring the same Rapid Fill mug each time I visit the Walt Disney World Resort?
    No, past mugs cannot be activated for future visits. Guests who purchase the Length of Stay option for Rapid Fill program can use the mug for fourteen (14) consecutive days after activation. Guests can extend the mug beyond the 14-day Length of Stay option as long as it’s still within the current length of stay.*

- If the mug is activated for first use at 5 p.m., will the one day count until 5 p.m. the next day?
    No, the day will end at 11:59 p.m. that night. Each day is a calendar day (12:01 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.), not a 24-hour period.*Whenever the mug is used for the first time, regardless of *time of day, the mug will expire for that day at midnight.*

- Can the current water park mug be used in resorts?*
    No. The current water park mug is only valid in water parks, with no resort add-on option. However, Guests soon *will be able to add a water park option for their mug.

- Can Guests purchase a Resort Rapid Fill mug anywhere at Walt Disney World Resort?*
    Resort Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage *stations.

- If a Guest prefers not to purchase the Rapid Fill mug, can they purchase a regular mug instead?
    The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. Guests may choose to purchase*
    nonrefillable paper cups for their drinks if they prefer.

- Can mugs be microwaved?
    No, the mug cannot be microwaved.

- What is the price of the Rapid Fill mug?
    The prices of the mugs vary based on Guest preference for number of days for refills, as follows:
    $8.99 for 1 day
    $11.99 for 2 days
    $14.99 for 3 days
    $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
    So, what do you think? Are you looking forward to use these new mugs, or... not? Tell us what you think.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how I feel about this yet. All Stars first. I wonder if that means that Mods will be next and then Deluxe?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. Has anyone heard of them still doing that (or do they do that at the waterparks)? My problem is many times when I've refilled I've taken a sip and the coke was gross so I had to go to a different fountain to get a good cup. I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. Has anyone heard of them still doing that (or do they do that at the waterparks)? My problem is many times when I've refilled I've taken a sip and the coke was gross so I had to go to a different fountain to get a good cup. I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think maybe it keeps track of how long you refill each time so that someone wouldn't get dinged an entire refill just for taking a sip. It must add up the time of each activation so that it can total up each appropriate refill. I hope at least.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Here's the article from Orlando Theme Park News:

- Can the Rapid Fill mugs be used in multiple resort hotels?*
    Yes. The Rapid Fill mugs may be enjoyed at any resort hotel self-service beverage station.*
    Not that I would bring my mug along with me after leaving my resort, but at least they now give you the option to resort hop with the mugs.
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

since they are included in the dining plan and i use the dining plan, it doesn't really affect me.
    But even if it did, i have no problem w/ paying a few extra dollars.

I usually get one and use it while I'm there, and then i just give it out as a souvenier (SP). i also take it to the parks w/ me.
    It's great to put water in from the water fountins. If you eat somewhere, you can get a drink to go, and then pour it in the cup.
    and even though it's not refillable at the parks, a lot of the QS dining will fill it for you when you leave.

so it serves two purposes. One, i get drinks and two, you can give it to someone.

it's well worth the money to me.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

So I leave for WDW in a few days, staying at a Deluxe. Will they issue me the old mug for this trip?

If it's starting at the Value resorts, I'm assuming they won't be at the Deluxes this week?
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did y'all see this?

Walt Disney Resort hotels will soon be introducing a new refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill.'

Using RFID technology embedded into mugs, Rapid Fill will allow guests to select a time-frame for their mugs to be active to receive beverage refills. At the end of the purchased period, the mug will deactivate itself. The new mugs will be able to be used at any resort hotel quick service fountain, regardless of where it was original purchased.

Unlike the existing refillable mug program where pricing is fixed for a length of stay, the new Rapid Fill will use a tiered pricing structure. Pricing is listed below (days are counted as a calendar day, and not a 24 hour period).
    •$8.99 for 1 day
    •$11.99 for 2 days
    •$14.99 for 3 days
    •$17.99 for length of stay

As with the current refillable mug program, it will be included in some Disney Dining Plan benefits. Past mugs will not be able to be reused, and a new mug will need to be purchased for each resort stay. Fountains will include an LCD display to indicate the number of remaining refill days.

The rollout will begin in July 2013 at Disney's All Star Resort, and will expand to all other locations.

Feel it is sort of a rip off, but you can use the mug at any resort now...but a lot of people already did.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Hummmmm, I'm a tea drinker...hot tea...how are they rationing hot water? Or tea bags? Glad to hear length of stay...how about split stays? Consecutive yes, just at two separate DVC resorts?
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Hummmmm, I'm a tea drinker...hot tea...how are they rationing hot water? Or tea bags? Glad to hear length of stay...how about split stays? Consecutive yes, just at two separate DVC resorts?
    Supposedly this will be factored in, but I suspect this will be wrought with problems.

I'm gathering that there are limits to how quickly you can refill it as well. There were times I would take a stroll to the food court and might have multiple refills within a short period. My idea of "unlimited refills" is not "time-rationed refills" like Disney would prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea how long it will take before all the resorts are on this program? The moderates, in particular?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. ....I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.
    This will probably be the case as that is just how the machines work. The coke "freestyle" machines on our recent RC Cruise did the same thing. It is to prevent people from sharing, filling up camelbaks, what have you. I am sure a CM will be nearby to override if you get some gross coke (Lets hope anyway).

With the coke freestyle people would just mix up stuff that in no way sounded good, and then expect to dump it out and refill. I did get some good sodas out of the machines, but for the most part what I picked was pretty nasty.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: