Quantcast I am very sad - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am very sad

Post Thanks / Like

I find it is a combination of things that limit my ability to go to the world. This is what I have done to make it possible.

Scour the web for airfare. We do not like to drive. We have many times when the kids were young, but i have grown too impatient to be in the car for 14 hrs. We have an airline called allegiant that occasionally has great prices. It flies into sanford and we have to rent a car and we cannot use magical express, but we are in disney. I have opted to stay off site several times over the recent years. It is not my favorite but again, I am at disney. When it comes to park days, we have been fortunate to go to the parks over the years, so we know what we like and what we don't. If I am staying for 4 days I would opt for a two day hopper. We also love to roam the property.

I remember getting 5 day adult park hoppers for 148.00 in the nineties. They say that hind site is twenty twenty vision. I should have bought a bunch of no expiration tickets and kept them for the future.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I got really lucky and could finally take my Mom on our dream trip last Oct, it was because I landed a really amazing job, which I promptly got laid off from when the sequester thing went down, but I am extremely grateful we got that because now....I just don't know...I hate to say it but I have no idea when I'll be able to go again, but either way I'm so happy we got to go when we did, if I never set foot there again, I got to do the two things I promised her years ago, I got to let her stay at the Polynessian for a few days on a short weekend trip (my Papaw helped build the roof on the Poly when it was first built) and we got to do a 10 day trip, I've done what I promised her alot earlier than I thought I'd be able, so no matter what happens I'm happy.

But I am totally with OP I would love to be able to take DBF who's never been but would absolutely love it, maybe one day lol (Sorry yall, I read a self-help book about positive thinking so its kinda cotton candyish up in my brain lately)
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    I find it is a combination of things that limit my ability to go to the world. This is what I have done to make it possible.

Scour the web for airfare. We do not like to drive. We have many times when the kids were young, but i have grown too impatient to be in the car for 14 hrs. We have an airline called allegiant that occasionally has great prices. It flies into sanford and we have to rent a car and we cannot use magical express, but we are in disney. I have opted to stay off site several times over the recent years. It is not my favorite but again, I am at disney. When it comes to park days, we have been fortunate to go to the parks over the years, so we know what we like and what we don't. If I am staying for 4 days I would opt for a two day hopper. We also love to roam the property.

I remember getting 5 day adult park hoppers for 148.00 in the nineties. They say that hind site is twenty twenty vision. I should have bought a bunch of no expiration tickets and kept them for the future.
    This is the best advice! To be honest if we lived out of state we'd probably never be able to go in our currently income bracket OR do it like this poster said!

I'm one of the rare ones that agree with you and do believe that it is very expensive [though worth every penny]. Our combined [DH and mine] income yearly is under $35K [which will be bumped by another 10K this coming year with a promotion for me at work!]

Anyway, even living close we still have to budget. I'm so thankful that for Florida Residents we can pay monthly for the passes. And when we go, often I pack drinks/snacks/even lunches for the kiddos since they don't fully appreciate the yummy food yet
    When we *do* weekend get away to WDW it is generally off property in one of the many hotels on 192.
    When we did our official vacation last year for a week, we had a friend, who worked at Disney, get us the Friends/Family hotel discount so we paid $300 for the whole week at a value and that was great!!!

I love Intercot, lots of great people and great info! I do find that I feel like I'm on the "poorer" end though and sometimes have a hard time grasping when others share opinions and insights.
    By the way I see you are new to Intercot so let me say WELCOME!!!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: