Quantcast Pop vs Art of Animation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Pop vs Art of Animation

My family and I have stayed at Pop before and it suited us fine. the kids loved it. I would like to stay at the new AOA just because I like new experiences! Does anyone have any comments on how these two compare? I have also noticed it is already booked up except for expensive suites. Are there chances that rooms will open up?

Next questions...if mid October is one of the lowest crowd times why am I having so much trouble booking restaurants and the AOA is booked up?

Thank you for any helpful comments

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT!

I don't think October is a "lowest crowd" time. You have conventions and Halloween so I think you'll find more people going then.

You're going to have different food choices at Art of Animation; it's leaning away from standard theme park fare. Art of Animation has interior corridors.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I like both, have stayed at Pop a couple times, and just got back from AofA a week ago.

If I had to choose, I would choose AoA just because it's newer and I kind of like all the various animated themes throughout. The food court also seems a little bigger and more variety. We actually did visit the Pop food court as well and I preferred the set up at AoA.

As a side note to the PP, AoA does have interior corridors, but only in the family suite areas. the Little Mermaid standard rooms are outdoor corridors, but were very quiet, even though we were probably 10-20 steps from the pool area. I had a room pretty close to a pool at Pop, and it got real noisy
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!

I would characterize mid October as moderate crowds. You will have Food & Wine going on as well as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have had many great trips that time of year so you should be fine but I would not expect it to dead.

I just did a quick night at Pop last weekend. We stayed at AOA in a suite in April and I stayed in a mermaid room last fall. There is only one section with three buildings of standard rooms at AOA which is probably why there are none available. There are three sections of suites. There is a chance that rooms will open up. I have had it happen to me.

I like both resorts but I would give the edge to AOA. The resort is newer so it felt fresher to me. The pool is a little more interesting and has a nice splash area for the kids, but I don't think you are missing that much if you stay at Pop. Though you can not use the AOA pool if you stay at Pop, you can walk through the resort and check out all the sections and eat at that food court.

Have fun planning.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: