Quantcast Survivor: Caramoan (Fans v. Favorites) - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brenda's Ponderosa video is good. She understands, but is upset. I can't say I blame her.

Just read Stephen Fishbach's blog for People magazine, and he is really in the opinion that Dawn made a big mistake last night not voting out Eddie first. He concedes that there wouldn't be a great way for Dawn to get rid of Brenda, but that sending her packing before Eddie was the worst way, creating a bitter juror in Brenda.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think that Brenda may have given up during the challenge? She is a strong, strong competitor, and for her to lose was very odd IMHO.

I don't give Dawn and Sherri much chance to finish in the top 3. Eddie's got the target for next time unless he wins immunity.

Can't wait to see the next episode.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Brenda's Ponderosa video is good. She understands, but is upset. I can't say I blame her.

Just read Stephen Fishbach's blog for People magazine, and he is really in the opinion that Dawn made a big mistake last night not voting out Eddie first. He concedes that there wouldn't be a great way for Dawn to get rid of Brenda, but that sending her packing before Eddie was the worst way, creating a bitter juror in Brenda.
    I have to agree with him there, but Brenda is still a challenge threat, too. Dawn did let go of her own game in favor of Cochran's plans, once again, despite what she said. Voting out Dawn won't bite Cochran like it did Dawn because of Brenda's perceived good relationship/friendship with Dawn. Brenda fished for Dawn's teeth. Dawn owed her. She probably wouldn't hold it against Cochran in the same way.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a very real possibility that they really made a big mistake last night in voting out Brenda. I know it's a big if, but if Eddie should but some chance win the next challenge he could very easily win the whole shabang!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched every episode of Surivivor since day one.

I'm hoping we never see Dawn, Cochran or Sherri again on Survivor. Can't stand any of them. (along with Brandon and others)

It really bugs me when 3 usless players who can't win challenges and just cry and complain attach themselves to a group who has the numbers.

I hope Eddie wins but it will be a long shot.
    I was rooting for the three amigos but Malcom kept telling his plans to Dawn and she kept stabbing him in the back.

I remember when the challenges used to be very physical. Watch Season 2 Survivor Australia. You won't believe what they did compared to today's Survivor of solving puzzles and tossing balls into a hoop.

It was so much better then. The people who were good at physical challenges weren't voted off right away because they were needed to win.
    Now all you have to do is stand in one spot for 3 hours to win a challenge.

Brenda should have kept the reward challenge and not given it away. By giving it away, that person puts a big target on his or her back because now everyone is thinking how good it's going to look by doing that to the rest of the survivors.

Eddie please win the remaining immunity challenges. if you do, you will be a lock to win !

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Not a Dawn fan. Not sure why, but something bugs me.
    In the very beginning of her first season I sort of felt bad for her. As time went on I found myself more and more annoyed and irritated with her constant over-wrought histrionics. By the time she shot herself in the foot and went home I was thrilled.

This season, right from the start, I've disliked her immensely. She actually strikes me as being near unstable. Anyone who's given to such wild mood swings and breakdowns over the smallest little insult almost comes across as being in need of medication of some sort.

Also (and I realize this is mean but I don't really care ) she has like a horse face or horse mouth or something and it just really annoys me. Can't put my finger on it but it's like the icing on the cake for me.

Eddie is overrated if you ask me. In a challenge where he clearly felt it was win or go home, he didn't even show up. If he's so physically dominant over these other players (like he always says) he should have won easily in a challenge that was all about physical strength.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eddie is overrated if you ask me. In a challenge where he clearly felt it was win or go home, he didn't even show up. If he's so physically dominant over these other players (like he always says) he should have won easily in a challenge that was all about physical strength.
    He's like a big puppy out there, all happy to be there and no strategy. Though that might be an insult to puppies. Maybe his strategy is to not look like a threat? No, he has no strategy.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Also (and I realize this is mean but I don't really care ) she has like a horse face or horse mouth or something and it just really annoys me. Can't put my finger on it but it's like the icing on the cake for me.
    My hubby (who doesn't watch and was just passing through the room the other night) asked me if Dawn was the tanning bed mom that was in the news a while back.

Eddie is overrated if you ask me.
    Who is singing his praises? No one I've seen (except himself). Reynold was the one winning the challenges. They were right to get him out when they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Who is singing his praises? No one I've seen (except himself). Reynold was the one winning the challenges. They were right to get him out when they did.
    Overrated in his own mind.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With Dawn, its her Jaw, it just juts out and begs to be slapped. Totally distorts her face, which is generally contorted enough with all her crying.

Previously on Survivor: "and Dawn cried"
    Next week on Survivor: "and Dawn cried"

Because Eddie-Erik-Sherri appear to be clueless mental midgets (who could control the game) I pretty much see Dawn in the F3. Which, the good thing about that is, she'll get lit up like a Christmas Tree.

If Eddie-Erik-Sherri had a half a brain between the three of them, they'd join up and vote out Cochrane first and then Dawn, or reverse order if Cochrane wins immunity.

But, post merge Sherri is simply content to have her strings pulled and vote simply how Cochrane wants her to. Erik seems to be just wandering mentally in the desert and is aligned with no one, and Eddie is just happy he can sit around for a few more days and grow his beard.

My prediction, no spoilers, is that F3 will be Cochrane, Sherri and Dawn and that will also be the order of finish with Cochran probably getting at least 6 of the 8 votes and Sherri maybe pulling down 2. I don't see Dawn getting any.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it could be a Cochran, Sherri, Dawn finale, but I see Sherri getting no votes. I think Dawn could get a few. Erik or Eddie are risky to bring to the end at this point.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't be happier with the outcome and the winner! I have been watching from the first season and truly believe that the person who played the best game actually won this time. Looking forward to September......

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Final tribal was...wow! I don't think I've ever seen a jury so brutally honest with Sherri. I guess the truth hurts. And Brenda and Dawn and the teeth thing? That was something I won't soon forget. But yay - Cochrane for the win!

The reunion was disappointing. It's never a great day for me when I have to see Rob. I'll be running right out today to buy his book of rules. And Rudy looks great for 85. And you never know what he's going to say! I missed having the pre jury Survivors out there, and blame the producers on that since apparently they didn't want Brandon there. You just don't play with fire!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy that Cochran won!!! So very happy that neither Sherri (flyin under the radar should not be a win) nor Dawn (really a nasty, bitter woman until the end, with no idea why so many find her offensive) got any votes. Would have been interesting if Jeff would have polled the jury to see how many would have voted for Eddie if he would have been in the final 3.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    )Would have been interesting if Jeff would have polled the jury to see how many would have voted for Eddie if he would have been in the final 3.
    But that would have actually been a worthwhile question, and it would have taken away from us getting to see Rudy/Rich in a senseless moment, or some little girl fawning over Malcolm with better hair then her, or the worst of the them all, Boston Rob hawking (can't use the word I'd normally use) his self published book. Even with only 11 people to interview, Jeff still didn't get to 3 or 4 of them. Hands down has to be one of the worst reunion shows of all time.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the end-game that was playing out, that was the fitting conclusion for the season, and frankly based on his edit and how certain things seemed to play out, Cochrane was a pretty obvious winner.

Sherri had control of Shamar in the game and that was about it, and was completely non-existent from the point the tribes were mixed up. The only interesting thing about her was how certain parts of her body never seemed to waste away like the rest. Her "I'm rich and have no idea how I got here" opening argument pretty much summed up how clueless she truly was about the game.

Dawn, her own worst enemy. I think people wanted a reason to vote for her, but she couldn't give it to them. Had she not spent 38 days balling her eyes out, having panic attacks and as Cochrane so aptly pointed out "needed her daily therapist" she would have had a shot in the game. But nobody is going to respect a player, regardless of how good their strategy was, if they have to be talked down off the ledge on a daily basis. They just aren't taken seriously.

I really would have liked to see Eddie in the final 3. Either he would have been an incredible flame-out and butchered by the jury, or a huge surprise. I wouldn't have wanted him to win, but it would have been more interesting.

Not sure how I would rate this season. Definitely some good if not great defining moments, but I can't help but think of all the bad game play that went on as well, that allowed Cochrane to stay in control.

Better than last season I would say.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survivor: Blood & Water

There is a minor spoiler here about next season, nothing about who wins or specifically who is in it, but regards to the "theme".

So, pretty certain the reference to Blood & Water is simply "blood is thicker than water" and if spoilers I've read hold true, and I have no reason to doubt that they won't, next season will be a combination of returning players with a relative (sibling/spouse/parent/other) along with them.

If people want, I can post a list of who I believe the returning players are and who they are bringing.

Lets just say, if ever I was thinking about skipping a season of Survivor, this might be it.

I'll check back.

Post Thanks / Like

Please just tell me there are no Hantzes involved. I am so done with the Hantz family. Also, Phillip. I never want to see those players again. But a family season makes it seem like they would bring on the Hantz men and that really turns me off.

As a theme, it's interesting, but it builds some alliances in advance for post merge strategy, and that makes it less interesting. The Camaroan season really only got good after merge, once the problem players/camera hogs were more out of the way.

That's my one last comment on Camaroa. The season had ups and downs, and the downs were definitely brought on by a few notable returning players and bad behavior in some new people. After merge, it got better and more intriguing. I love that Cochran won, and unopposed, too. His closing arguments were well done, and I'm glad we had some good questions from the jury this time out. Malcolm's preening is a little irritating now. I watched the Ponderosa scenes and he is clearly just a little stuck on himself, or he was playing it for laughs and it just fell flat. But I think maybe he needs some ego deflating. Best answer of the night was Cochran's pinning down the difference in their game play and why he succeeded where Malcolm failed. Well, that's more than a few last comments, sorry.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I was not thrilled with how that played out. Cochran won two of those immunities because he had an advantage.. who is to say what would have happened if he didn't have them. Dawn was a cry baby tattle tale.. Sherri? well, she was a non player to me. Eddie, he just got lucky to have made it as far as he did because he wasn't a threat like Malcolm and Reynold.. AND because Malcolm gave him a hidden immunity ... Erik.. well, again, not much of a player. So I personally don't feel that the best players made it to the finals.. it was just a matter of having the numbers....
    For Narnia! And for Aslan!

"He's a beaver, he shouldn't be saying anything!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray for Cochran. The little guy won it all. I was hoping that Brenda would let the teeth thing go by with Dawn, but hell hath no fury like a woman who is "owed" something.
    Just Jill.......

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: