Quantcast Beach Club pool

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Beach Club pool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club pool

I am staying at the Beach Club this summer and I understand that the pool is very popular. How do they enforce the rule that only BC guests use the pool? Do you need to bring your ID or do they have a wrist band or something else. I have read on diffeent sites different things.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at BC twice. They will tell you how it works when you check in.

The low down is, the pool has two entrances. One near where the slide lets out, on the BC side, and one closer to Beaches and Cream, on the YC side. There is a lifeguard posted at each entrance. You have to show a room key for EACH PERSON in your party. Each room key will be examined to make sure the resort code is correct and that the dates match up. The lifeguard will put a colored paper wristband on each member of the party entering and give you towels at that point too. The color of the bands changes every day, so you have to do this process every time you visit the pool. If you go in the morning, you can leave your wristband on all day and just show it upon entering later on, but you should still have your key card just in case they ask for it. They put the bands on such that you can't slip them off your wrist and put them back on...they have to be cut or ripped off. They are paper, but have that plastic coating that makes them waterproof.

The only other way to enter the pool area is over by Hurricane Hannah's, but the lifeguard who is posted in that area does NOT have wristbands to give out, and if you approach from that direction, you will be told to use one of the offical entry points.

Lifeguards do look for people's wristbands, and if they see anyone without one, they will make them leave. The wristbands are neon colored, and easily visible. They must be worn on the wrist. No exceptions. We tried to ask if we could put them on our son's ankles, so they would be less noticeable, and were told "no" because they wouldn't be visible that way.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.... so it is both wristbands and IDs. So I guess there is some sort of fencing around the pool?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Oh.... so it is both wristbands and IDs. So I guess there is some sort of fencing around the pool?
    Yes, the pool is fenced with the opening Natalie mentioned at Hurricane Hannah's and the main entrance near Beaches & Cream.

The only time I have not seen them require the wristbands is late at night (9 or later) but we never go at peak season so it may be different in the summer.

We've stayed at Beach/Yacht quite a bit and we have never seen the pool overrun with non resort guests. The life guards do a good job.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. We're staying there in late August, and we may have some friends going to WDW around the same time. We were wondering if we could invite them over and take them to the pool. No guests allowed? It doesn't sound like it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the only pool that does this? I don't remember seeing this type of procedure at any of the other resorts.
    '74 FW
    '77 FW
    '85 Sept Poly (Honeymoon)
    '02 April Coronado Springs
    '03 Oct AS Movies
    '13 May AS Music
    Coming Up: I'm workin' on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Interesting. We're staying there in late August, and we may have some friends going to WDW around the same time. We were wondering if we could invite them over and take them to the pool. No guests allowed? It doesn't sound like it.
    Nope. The pool is for Yacht Club/Beach Club registered guests only. They check for the wristbands, and you only get a wristband with your room ID. It's a pretty busy pool, so I appreciated the tight security when we stayed there last year.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyFan View Post
    Is this the only pool that does this? I don't remember seeing this type of procedure at any of the other resorts.
    Yes, it is the only pool I'm aware of with wrist bands however the newer fenced pools require your room key to open the gate.

With the exception of DVC privileges (which does ot apply at all resorts), pool hopping really isn't allowed.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyFan View Post
    BC/YC pool is the one that has a wristband type of enforcement, but pool hopping is not allowed (with a very few exceptions) among Disney resorts. Certain pools, like BC/YC and AKL don't allow hopping at all. Others allow seasonal hopping for DVC members (even DVC members can't hop during heavy crowd periods). Basically, the pools are sized for the host resort - so allowing guests from other resorts to go there takes away from paying guests at the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah, I know this. I was just unaware of the wrist band thing. When we stayed at CSR everything was open, same with All Star Movies. I was wondering if they were doing this at all the resorts.

No pool hopping here! (Although we may take a look!)
    '74 FW
    '77 FW
    '85 Sept Poly (Honeymoon)
    '02 April Coronado Springs
    '03 Oct AS Movies
    '13 May AS Music
    Coming Up: I'm workin' on it!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been given wrist bands at the Polynesian volcano pool in the past when we were there during busier times. We have also seen people asked to leave the pool when they didn't have Polynesian room keys.
    Last edited by NLODisney; 05-03-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: