Quantcast Cell Phone question??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cell Phone question??

Iphone OR Galaxy which do prefer and why??? I’m almost up for a new phone and I can’t make up my mind.. Kids have the Iphones and DH has the Galaxy they are both nice, but I just don’t know.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an iphone and love it but I'm basically an Apple person and have managed to convert DH and my boys over. I just find their product more user friendly. One thing to keep in mind is it was announced yesterday on CNBC that the IPhone 5S(6) will be released this summer so you may want to wait a bit longer.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Switched from and iPhone to an LG Optimus G and I'm mostly happy. Jail breaking to get the functionality I need was getting old. There were also some significant Bluetooth problems that don't seem to exist with the LG vs the iPhone.

I passed on the Galaxy, it feels cheap in hand. Third pary ROM support though is probably the best right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had an iPhone, could never justify the iPrice, so I really can't give a comparison.

But I really have no issues at all with the Galaxy phones I've had. Android has comparable apps for just about everything the iPhone has, though it seems like there was one feature the Android didn't have that the iPhone has, can't remember what it was though.

I do know my daughter is very happy with her Galaxy and she's an iHippy. Her dad just couldn't afford to shell out the extra couple of iHundreds to support her iHabit.

iBe done now.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Who is your carrier? AT&T.

Galaxy is an amazing phone. I would recommend the Galaxy S3 or wait for the new Galaxy S4, coming later this month.

If you are fully invested in the Apple universe (apps, music, etc), then the iPhone will be a good choice for you.

I like the freedom I get from having an Android phone. Any apps or media I purchase can be loaded onto ANY future Android devices, with no limitations, right over the internet (no need for stupid iTunes syncing). Once you buy it, it's yours. If you have Gmail, it's even better!

IMO, iTunes makes the entire Apple experience such a hassle.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have an iphone. Love it, stable, great battery life and so easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    I have an iphone. Love it, stable, great battery life and so easy to use.
    This!
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

I love my iPhone. I had the 3G, 4 and now I have a 5. I was sad to get rid of the 4, but it went for a swim () and didn't quite work right anymore. Its user friendly, and while iTunes isn't my favorite, I can sync it with iCloud now, so that is a bit less painful.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the iPhone I have had one since the original! but maybe I am biased because I drank the apple juice!!! (We have iMac, Mac book pro, Apple TV, iPads etc). The only time I have had an issue with iTunes is with my kids' galaxy tablet, in that case I agree iTunes stinks. I cannot sync any of their music/apps (from their iphones) from iTunes. (I had to find a back way to sync the music)
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE my basic old iPhone 4. My whole family has them now, even my mother. I already had an iPod Touch with iTunes so it was an easy transition to be able to learn how to use the phone. My daughters used to have Sony Experia Play Android phones and I HATED them - too clunky and heavy, difficult to use, and a much more limited selection of apps (at least the ones I used weren't available). They're much happier with their iPhones. The only one who has any trouble using hers is my mother - I had to set it up for her and now I have to do all of her updates and such.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Family of iphones. I love mine, I find it very user friendly.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my iPhone (3Gs) for going on over three years and have no problems with it. I prefer the Apple over the Android because of the security. Android is very liberal with their apps and can allow someone to have complete access to your phone including passwords and all account information that is used and stored on your phone. On the other hand Apple (iOS) is very picky and scrutinizes everything that goes onto their app store. If you do purchase an iPhone and don't want to wait for the newest release I suggest getting the 4s. It still uses the 30 pin connector and has a lot more hardware that is compatible.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We left the Iphones because they're all hype and over priced. I have the Samsung G3 and my wife has the HTC VX and we are both very happy with our phones.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a Galaxy, but I love my iPhone 4s! Very easy to use, reliable and With loads of apps to choose from. Only downside is the short battery life; I use a battery case to help with that. Fortunately, it sounds like the 5 has addressed this problem.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Never had a Galaxy, but I love my iPhone 4s! Very easy to use, reliable and With loads of apps to choose from. Only downside is the short battery life; I use a battery case to help with that. Fortunately, it sounds like the 5 has addressed this problem.
    So glad to hear this.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: