Quantcast Amazing Race - Season 22 - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Loving the chatter (even if it was sparked by two week's ago's questionable episode.)

1. Appreciated the apology in its form. DBF really was ready to not watch the show again so that helped in my household.

2. Joey annoying the living crud out of me.

3. Hockey guys are growing on me.

4. Sorry but I sort of like Chuck and Wynona, I don't think they can win but I still like them. Must be the southern redneck in me.

5. Man have they been some amazing places so far this season, I think for locations this has been the best season ever so far.
    Agree with all your points, but my thoughts are similar to dobby on the first one.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was so certain throughout the whole episode that one of my least favorite teams was going home, and then wham! Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!

I'm so bummed! They were my favorite team. Such great attitudes. Hopefully they'll be back on an all stars one day...
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That sure the heck surprised me. It sure goes to show that just one miss step and in a minute you can be gone. I will greatly miss these 2 very nice young women.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Between the two detour choices - "Brains" must have taken a lot longer to complete. With Bates/Anthony getting the FF, Pam and Winnie were team #2 at the detour and started with "Brawn" while Chuck and Wynona ironically chose "brains".

Two teams (Mona/Beth and Caroline/Jennifer) showed up to the detour well after C&W, chose brawn, and even though C&W completed the "brains" the first time through, they still finished after the two teams that did brawn well after they had started. So to choose brains was in and of itself a penalty of sorts, to go and do it twice, its like u-turning yourself.

I'm starting to get this bad feeling that this is going to be another season where I really end up disliking the winners. Just a feeling. I like Bates and Anthony, and despite winning their 3rd leg, they don't come off as being a really strong team, much less dominate and I don't necessarily view them as favorites right now.

Last night I kept thinking, at least one of my two least favorite teams will be eliminated, then I started to get that "uh-oh" feeling like you know you've been tricked and sure enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok one big thing that kinda made me a little crazy with the hocky players is the "dissappearing tooth trick" when they hit the mat. Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it...now you don't...

LOL...I just found it funny
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone missed it, Amazing Race is off next week, once again, the AMA's are on.

Scheduled finale for Race is once again two hours, on May 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    Ok one big thing that kinda made me a little crazy with the hocky players is the "dissappearing tooth trick" when they hit the mat. Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it...now you don't...

LOL...I just found it funny
    I noticed that too, and had to rewind to show my son. Editing. So funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    My husband and I noticed that too!

Yep, TAR sure had the last laugh on us last night, didn't they? Just when it looked inevitable that Pink Plaid and the Ice Queen were going to go home too. And no penalty either for backing into the pole and damaging their vehicle--yeah, that seems fair. Oh well, I was glad to see the Hockey Brothers come in first and Mona and Beth in second. Really, as long as Max and Katie don't win, I will be happy.

On a totally unrelated side note--how cute were those goats?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

The goats were SOOOOO cute.

The girls just gave up too soon with the donkeys. Then they gave up the horses then back at the donkeys. sigh.

I'd noticed the hockey guys tooth before now it's going to become a "game"...LOL (and for the record. The hockey guys are my favorite )
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I posted a long response earlier, but I guess it is lost to cyber space. Suffice to say I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone-Bates and Anthony are the only team left that I will actively root for, I'm disappointed that Pam and Winnie are off but they panicked and made an awful decision to switch, and the goats were ADORABLE!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I was so bummed that the girls were eliminated. They were my favorite, as it seems they were with quite a few. I was surprised they picked the brawn task to start with as they are always pointing out that brains are their strong point. I was equally surprised that so many teams went with brawn as over the years beasts of burden (mules, camels, llamas, etc.) have been the downfall of many TAR teams.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The girls just ran a brutal leg and, sad to say, deserved to go home. When you're solidly in second place and you end up losing the leg you've misplayed badly.

I'm sorry ... Chuck and Wynonna are annoying (well at least Wynonna is anyway) and I really hope they go soon. Her constant whining and inability to perform grates on my last nerve. If she's so useless why did she come on the show in the first place???

I was skeeved out by the water skiing Fast Forward. I love to water ski and could ski a mile with my eyes closed, but that WATER? YUCK!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm sorry ... Chuck and Wynonna are annoying (well at least Wynonna is anyway) and I really hope they go soon. Her constant whining and inability to perform grates on my last nerve. If she's so useless why did she come on the show in the first place???
    I've been a little less annoyed by them in the past few legs, maybe because Joey has been so annoying instead.

Regardless, they've done 8 roadblocks so far, and if they match last seasons total of 14 (which would mean 2 roadblocks again in the finale) that means that Wynona, Katie, Jennifer and Meghan would each have to do 4 of the remaining 6 roadblocks, if their teams make final 3. So I think C&W are on borrowed time as is Katie too (I hope). For some reason I think Meghan could be a surprise, but unfortunately that means bringing Joey along with her

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Between the two detour choices - "Brains" must have taken a lot longer to complete. With Bates/Anthony getting the FF, Pam and Winnie were team #2 at the detour and started with "Brawn" while Chuck and Wynona ironically chose "brains".
    Was very surprised when the brainy girls did not choose that task. It's always risky when you change tasks in the middle and start the other.

Hockey Brothers are my favorites right now, but don't count Chuck & Wy-knee out yet. He's better at challenges and they may place high in spite of her.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the goats! We have a goat farmer a few miles from us and when I go to the mall I usually come home the 3 minute longer route to see the goats. They really are so cute.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I was so bummed that the girls were eliminated. They were my favorite, as it seems they were with quite a few. I was surprised they picked the brawn task to start with as they are always pointing out that brains are their strong point. I was equally surprised that so many teams went with brawn as over the years beasts of burden (mules, camels, llamas, etc.) have been the downfall of many TAR teams.

Back in the old days (early season 1-9) when Phil would describe the detour choices, he'd often inject something like "teams able to persevere can finish quickly". Back then, not always, but a lot of the times the detour choices were "easier - but longer to complete" or "harder - but the reward of finishing quicker"

I'm not sure they really follow that model as much any more. Sometimes they do. A couple weeks back, the build the fruit shrine vs haul sand was kind of in that classic mold.

The girls might have had that thought when choosing tasks. Harder but quicker to complete. One thing difficult for viewers is that we almost never get to see the secondary sheet of instructions that teams get. Its possible that the amount of distance the "brains" task covered was mentioned and it was a deterent. Hard to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck and Whine-ona are gone. I'm sad for Chuck. That man has the patience of a saint, and she was awful on the cheese challenge. What did she expect him to do? Pick her up and carry her and the sleds up that mountain? I won't miss her complaining.

Glad to see the Hockey Bros coming in first. I was also surprised that the YouTube hosts were less irritating than last week.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.
    She couldn't do any of the challenges well.

I don't understand why people who are so out of shape go on the Amazing race, fail at every challenge and then complain to their partner when their partner says something to them about walking faster or trying harder.

Do they even watch previous races before going on ?

If they did, they should know that most of the challenges are physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Chuck and Whine-ona are gone. I'm sad for Chuck. That man has the patience of a saint, and she was awful on the cheese challenge. What did she expect him to do? Pick her up and carry her and the sleds up that mountain? I won't miss her complaining.

Post Thanks / Like

I've certainly ragged on Whine-ona before, but this leg, Chuck was NOT very nice. I understand he's frustrated but when you are in a high altitude and someone keeps saying "I'm dizzy," that can be a sign of altitude sickness, and he wasn't very considerate of that. He gave just as much as he got this episode. Even though Joey can be annoying, I liked how supportive he was of Meghan at the end when they couldn't find a taxi and ended up running/walking all the way to the pit stop. Chuck would've been yelling at Wynona the whole time.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: