Quantcast Aulani DVC vacation "25th anniversary"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aulani DVC vacation "25th anniversary"

Me and my wife are set to have our 25th wedding anniversary next year 2014 and have decided to go back to Hawaii. Would like to hear some input on Disney's Aulani resort. All the pro's and con's . Would appreciate what people thought about this new place....TY Scotty
    6-84/6-85-off-site,1987-DISNEYLAND,1989-DISNEYLAND (HONEYMOON) 1990-CBR, 1994-WL (5YRS), 1996-WL, 1997-BC, 1998-WL, 1999-BC (10YRS), 2001-AKL, 2005-POR, 2009-VWL (20YRS), 2010-BWV, 2011-VWL, 2012-OKW AND BLT, 2013-VERO, 2014-AULANI (25YRS) 2016-BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent a few nights there in February. We enjoyed our stay very much. Disney has done a really nice job here.

The resort is quite compact and within sight of another hotel and, in fact, the beach on the cove is shared with this other resort.

Staff were very nice. The resort itself is beautiful We spent most of our time on site and only went off-site on one of the days we were there. While there, we spent time in the pools, lazy river and hot tubs, in the ocean, and hanging out on our lanai in the evenings. One day, we reserved a cabana for the day.

Some of the things we did not experience: the spa; tours of the resort; the snorkeling tank; the water slide; and the tube slide.

The only real con I can think of is that they were doing construction while we were there. I'm not sure when that is slated to end. If you plan to do a lot of island exploring, the other con is that it is on a part of the Island that is heavily residential. That means everyone leaving Honolulu at the end of the day is traveling home towards Aulani and everyone heading to Honolulu at the beginning of the day may be heading the same direction you are for most major sites on the Island.

I would certainly return to Aulani.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou very much Linda..
    6-84/6-85-off-site,1987-DISNEYLAND,1989-DISNEYLAND (HONEYMOON) 1990-CBR, 1994-WL (5YRS), 1996-WL, 1997-BC, 1998-WL, 1999-BC (10YRS), 2001-AKL, 2005-POR, 2009-VWL (20YRS), 2010-BWV, 2011-VWL, 2012-OKW AND BLT, 2013-VERO, 2014-AULANI (25YRS) 2016-BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome! I think this would be a wonderful place to celebrate such a special day! Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: