Quantcast Just got back from WDWish

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back from WDWish

So, took my lovely girlfriend on a trip to Disney for the first time. Well, she had been there when she was a little kid but this was the first time for her to see some stuff. We're big baseball fans so the main focus of our trip was to see spring training games down there but we snuck in a little Disney in the process.

We really were not planning on spending much time in the room with the moving around to baseball stadiums so I put us at the All Star Sports resort. Yea, not the most romantic but in reality it worked out great (except for the screaming cheerleaders towards the end). She really, really loved it. I was worried that she wouldn't be a huge fan but the resort did us really well. We ended up with a first floor room in building 6 which was basically right in front of the main hall. We didn't do any parks this trip only because when we originally planned the trip the day we had free we decided would be much better as a DTD and just relaxing day. She loved walking around and seeing everything and it just got her more excited about something I don't think she was hugely pumped for in the first place. I think since she's been so used to going to Universal when she went to Orlando before that Disney was a bit of an afterthought. Basically we took 2 days where we just relaxed and went to DTD and I took her hotel hopping because it's one of my favorite things to do. I lived in Orlando for 8 years and just would love to take a Saturday and drive down to Disney and take the bus around the property so I wanted to share that with her.

Ultimately it just turned out to be the perfect trip and we're already planning a Disney only trip in September so that she can get the full feeling. She's really, really excited for that!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you both had a wonderful time!! Happy planning for your next trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a happy little bonus to fit in some Disney magic on a trip about other things. Resort choice, maybe not the most romantic, but how fun, and it certainly fit your theme. So glad she loved it, too. Thanks for the report. Welcome!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And yea it worked well and I couldn't pass on the deal lol. But it wasn't set up to be a romantic trip, just a fun one. Next one will contain a bit more of that I think.

Also, just realized that I've been on this site for about 7+ years and made 1 post. That's sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a Spring Training game last week. Loved it! Glad you got your GF to catch a little Disney fever

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Also, I wanted to say that Splitsville might be one of the best things and most well designed things to open at Disney in awhile. When we were at downtown disney we just decided to go in and bowl. I thought it was actually very reasonable price wise. I was shocked. $15 per person for a hour isn't all that bad. We got 3 1/2 games in at a normal pace. Also the girl didn't charge us for our soda. I loved the way it was designed with the lanes in different parts of the building. It really gives you the feel that you are on your own personal lanes. For the most part we were alone until our last game. It just was a really fun time. Great idea to put that in DTD!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had such a nice trip! Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a nice little trip. Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great trip!!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: