Quantcast International drivers license for Florida - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I'm sincerely ignorant here, as I have only lived in the U.S. How does this work? If you live in Canada long enough, don't you have to apply for citizenship there? Who do you pay taxes to? Sorry for sounding nosy--I am truly curious about the answer.

And sorry for going
    I have duel citizenship...which means I am both American and Canadian. You have to become a landed immigrant first, but you don't have to become a citizen, for example my boss has been a landed immigrant for 20+ years and after the 5 years required by law I applied for and became a Canadian citizen. The American Embassy up here actually advised me to become a dual citizen..it makes things a lot easier and I keep all my US rights and gain the Canadian rights. Since I do not have a US address I cannot vote in the US, but I can in Canada..that's really the only thing that changes. As for taxes, I pay taxes in Canada and I file taxes in the US, but I don't have to pay because I don't make enough.

Your not being nosy, just curious. If there's anything else, just ask...I love helping people learn new things!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Canadian driving in Florida in the next little while should check with their insurance company to see if they would be covered in case of a motor vehicle collision. Since the law is in place, an insurance company could state that you are not covered because you were not in compliance with that law.

I heard that on the radio the other day. Just passing it on. I am going to get one regardless of the outcome of the legislature's findings, just to be on the safe side for our trip this year. It's only $25 (plus the cost of passport pictures) and it will cover me in whatever country I go to.

I just read about getting the IDP in Canada.
    • It is only available from the CAA either in person or by mail.
    • It must be used in conjunction with your valid government issued driver's permit.
    • It will reflect your current driver's certification, restrictions and endorsements (vehicle class, air brakes, prescription lenses etc.)
    • It is only good for one year from the date of issue.
    • You cannot get one with a learner's permit, provisional permit or a suspended license.
    • If you go in person to get it, it can be ready for you in about 15 minutes (minus line-up wait times, of course).
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

A recent article in the Orlando Sentinel explains the reasoning behind the law and efforts to modify or overturn it.

The rule originated as a way to help law enforcement officials who encountered driver's licenses from other countries with information on them not written in English. Imagine the difficulty when a Florida police officer is handed a driver's license printed in Arabic, Chinese, Russian or any number of other languages.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I have driven in the DC area Mel...NEVER AGAIN! I have never wanted to close my eyes while driving until I was there.
    My husband said we will NEVER drive to DC again. About as close as he will go is BWI!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: