Quantcast NextGen, Magic Band, and FP+ - Page 15

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    That was some serious detective work.
    I try very hard not to make unsubstantiated statements on here. And, I like to read. A lot. I used to read cereal boxes ad nauseum when I was a kid. I still do it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Unless, of course, it is successful. Right now all the negativity is on the unknown and lack of information. I agree that Disney should be doing a better job getting the information out.

However, if it is fully implemented, and wildly successful, I believe most of the naysayers will be back. I have a hard time believing that Disney, with all of its resources and extremely talented people, hasn't done the research on this with various focus groups and pilots to know it will be successful. I also have a hard time believe that Disney is just trying to bleed first time visitors for as much as they can, and not worried about return guests. If so, then why collect any data? That just doesn't add up.

I know I hope it is successful. I have been going to WDW since 1972, and I don't want to stop. And, with kids in school, I always go when it is packed. I truly hope that this enhances my vacation at WDW. Time will tell. But I won't know until it is fully implemented, and I have had the opportunity to experience it.
    Nope. My point is that it has been so horribly mishandled even if it is Gods gift to theme parks, it wont be enough. Heck, they could hand out free ponies and ice cream trucks and it wouldnt help....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    The only explanation that I can come up with is that they dont know the answers themselves.
    I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    My source is Disney's Official Site for this:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...onditions.html

I think everyone here should read the entirety of the fine print on this page.

Look under the heading "Converting to Paperless Tickets" and you will see the
    following:
    -You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use Fastpass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.

So, in essence, both systems will remain in
    place. In order to take advantage of the RFID based "plus" experiences, you will have to convert your paper ticket to an RFID embedded ticket/magicband. The machines
    that distribute the current FASTPASSES are not equipped to read RFID tickets, nor will they be converted to do so.

It's also worth reading this fine print, as it
    appears that MyMagic+ will eventually be offered to ALL WDW GUESTS, and will only be starting off as a hotel guest perk. The plan appears to be a rollout in this order: hotel guests, annual passholders, general public. It seems that the hotel guests will have a leg up on being able to make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance, while others will not be given such a large window.
    Some language related to this points in that direction. In addition, I have heard (but it has not been confirmed by Disney) that ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS will be given an allotment of 20 FP+ reservations per month. Again, just speculation at this point, but
    this number has been thrown around by a few various sources.
    Somewhere in the fine print it also says the number of Fastpass+ will be limited depending upon day of the week, time of year, etc.

So...... If Disney is limited AP holders to 20/month and a non AP family (us) is going for 8 days, I'd have to think no way will Disney allow us to make more than 20 FastPass+ during our trip (even tho 8 days x 3/day = 24). We'd be spending a lot of time waiting in line ans NOT spending money! Why would anyone use this system (if given a choice)? Why would everyone not just continue to use the good-ole-fine-the-way-it-was Fastpass system and maybe, just maybe Disney would get the hint? (yea, haha). I really don't give a flying Tinkerbell if Mickey knows our name.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    I really don't give a flying Tinkerbell if Mickey knows our name.
    Ok, that quote alone was worth the entire post!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DizneyRox;2333254]Actually, DVC members got run of the ship for $650 per person. for most of the sailings in September if I recall. It was a deal too good to pass up.

What I meant is that Florida residents get a discount on sailings, California residents got a discout, Texas residents got a discount, but nothing for NY residents. I thought they would follow suit in NY but no dice. I guess they figured NY is used to high prices.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW...I gotta say...I am now smiling to
    I go at least 2x per month-maybe more depending. Usually do 2 FP per day (sometimes not even that) The only problem I would have with alotting AP's 20 per month is if you can only do 1 park per day. And I wonder, If we can decide each month if we want standard or FP+.. I bet that is just dreaming. I would guess you would have to decide at the time you purchase your pass and you stick with one or the other for the year...
    It would be cool to get FP for TSMWM, ToT, and RnRc all in the same day and get in/out of that park in 2 hours with all my favorite rides ridden!!
    Feeling better, still have to wait and see..now lets hope it rolls out smoothly and isn't drawn out for the next 2 years

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Look under the heading "Converting to Paperless Tickets" and you will see the following:
    -You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use Fastpass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.

So, in essence, both systems will remain in place. In order to take advantage of the RFID based "plus" experiences, you will have to convert your paper ticket to an RFID embedded ticket/magicband. The machines that distribute the current FASTPASSES are not equipped to read RFID tickets, nor will they be converted to do so.

It's also worth reading this fine print, as it appears that MyMagic+ will eventually be offered to ALL WDW GUESTS, and will only be starting off as a hotel guest perk. The plan appears to be a rollout in this order: hotel guests, annual passholders, general public. It seems that the hotel guests will have a leg up on being able to make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance, while others will not be given such a large window. Some language related to this points in that direction. In addition, I have heard (but it has not been confirmed by Disney) that ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS will be given an allotment of 20 FP+ reservations per month. Again, just speculation at this point, but this number has been thrown around by a few various sources.
    Holy <snipped myself> that is about as direct (and unimaginably horrible) as it can be. I hope you did not think I was being snippy, I am a facts and figures kind of person and was genuinely looking for the black and white. After reading what you posted....

It just leaves me speechless right now.

Thanks for the post!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I am blown away by what I just read. I too encourage everyone to read the link above.

After reading all 4,716 words of Disney trying to explain FastPass+ I am not surprised at all that Bob Iger will soon be subpoenaed to appear before Congress. Among MANY other flaws, the program sets up a Facebook-like social network that literally uses the terms “Managed Friends” “Connected Friend” “Friends” “Friend List” and “Friend of Friends”. Certain information cannot be completely made private no matter what (i.e. “Names and character photos of guests are not private and may be visible to Friends and Friends of Friends who share common activities with you.”)! In addition, by default “Friends” can plan FastPasses and ADRs for you unless you say otherwise.

I could go on and on, but at some point I must work some this afternoon, but WOW! What a Boondoggle!

Seriously, read the link, I would not have believed it if Mickey Mouse told me himself on the bus ride to MK, seeing is believing (or NOT believing what I just read).

PS: I also read that you can preorder meals at Quick Service locations, something I had not read before. I also read how you must have linked to your account valid Park Tickets in order to use the service (so someone who buys tickets at the last minute would be excluded).
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Read it and I don't want anything to do with it. I go on vacation to relax and have fun. I can't do that with this system. It seems to me that Iger is one of those people who is impressed withthe latest blinky shiny thing and has no clue what really makes for a great guest experience. He needs to go, as do all of the fools who championed this mess.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a planner by nature and usually drive my family crazy with my level of detail but this is too much. Way too complicated for the amount of time I want to spend to figure it out. I just want to enjoy "the world" and not stand for hours in the stand-by line or worry about where I will be welcomed for meals.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

You know in the statement they kept using the word "seamless." I actually want a pretty good "seam" in between my bank account and these bozos. I simply don't trust them any more.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I predict a huge surge in attendance...for Universal and Disneyland...

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I predict a huge surge in attendance...for Universal and Disneyland...
    Count me in.

We were planning our next trip to WDW but after reading all this, we're definitely holding off and thinking about West Coast instead. The only thing I will miss is the Florida weather (being from Chicago, I do like steamy tropical).

This all just makes me .
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

So if I'm reading this right (and with all that absurd legal-ese/mumbo-jumbo who can say if I am), I read this as if you get the wristbands and opt into all this insanity you can't utilize the standard FP system.

Which means if I book a FP in advance for an attraction in MK and then decide later that I'm going to Epcot that day instead (I know ... the horror!!! ) I'm out of luck for getting any regular FP in that park for the day.

Gee ... sounds great ... sign me up ....
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, basically Ian. It's rather odd to restrict the FP+ like that. I wonder whose bright idea that was.

Of course, the other MAJOR red flag I see is that in order to utilize this new system, you are REQUIRED to create and maintain access to a My Disney Experience account, through which you manage EVERYTHING.

That will never work.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So if I'm reading this right (and with all that absurd legal-ese/mumbo-jumbo who can say if I am), I read this as if you get the wristbands and opt into all this insanity you can't utilize the standard FP system.

Which means if I book a FP in advance for an attraction in MK and then decide later that I'm going to Epcot that day instead (I know ... the horror!!! ) I'm out of luck for getting any regular FP in that park for the day.

Gee ... sounds great ... sign me up ....
    Yeah, basically Ian. It's rather odd to restrict the FP+ like that. I wonder whose bright idea that was.

Of course, the other MAJOR red flag I see is that in order to utilize this new system, you are REQUIRED to create and maintain access to a My Disney Experience account, through which you manage EVERYTHING.

That will never work.
    Must. Stop. Reading. This. Thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Limited Guest Testing of the first full scale run of the MyMagic+ program is scheduled to begin next week. The test will allow the selected Guests to use their MagicBand at Test Track during the design studio pre-show; in-addition-to, resort room access, touch-to-pay ability, FastPass+, and theme park entrance.

It has not been reported how Guests will be selected for this trial period.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    I really don't give a flying Tinkerbell if Mickey knows our name.
    Best quote ever!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this thread, but haven't yet commented. I do follow and understand the concerns people have. But, I have to say, I can't get worked up about any of it until we see how it's actually going to work. There's obviously a very high stress level surrounding this and it may all be for nothing. I realize this may change the way we vacation at WDW (because we are definitely not making FP ressies in advance) but I'm not yet convinced that it's going to ruin our experience. I'll just wait to experience it before I form an opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I am blown away by what I just read. I too encourage everyone to read the link above.

After reading all 4,716 words of Disney trying to explain FastPass+ I am not surprised at all that Bob Iger will soon be subpoenaed to appear before Congress. Among MANY other flaws, the program sets up a Facebook-like social network that literally uses the terms “Managed Friends” “Connected Friend” “Friends” “Friend List” and “Friend of Friends”. Certain information cannot be completely made private no matter what (i.e. “Names and character photos of guests are not private and may be visible to Friends and Friends of Friends who share common activities with you.”)! In addition, by default “Friends” can plan FastPasses and ADRs for you unless you say otherwise.
    I think perhaps you might have this seeming like it is worse then it is. I have set up my "friends" on the My Disney Experience app just to see what it was like.
    You tell it who is going on your trip, and you give them the info for each person. For me it was my family & my cousin. I tell it if I want them invited to see my plans and other info I want to share. No one sees anything unless I give the OK and invite them. Also no one is able to change any ADR or anything else on my plans either.

I don't find this part of it bad at all from what I have seen so far. I don't like the whole Fastpass+ or regular Fastpass. I am thinking I would rather do the regular ones. We park hop all the time so it wouldn't work for us.
    The other thing I have heard and don't like is that if you have the RFID park passes you won't be able to get regular fastpasses.

I guess I am glad we are going in October so I can see how this all is working before we go and decide from there. I like some parts but not all. It won't stop us from going, but it might make me plan things differently.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: