Quantcast 1900 Park Fare....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1900 Park Fare....

We have never eaten here and made a ressie for our upcoming trip in April. Your thoughts please....TIA
    Carribean 90's
    Outside the world 2-05---Hannah's 1st trip
    Port Orleans Riverside 5-06
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 1-07
    Pop Century 9-07---Kaleb's 1st trip
    Polynesian 12-08
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 1-10 (Got AP's) Pop Century---DH and Me for Bday 5-10
    OKW--11-10
    Off site 5-12
    OKW--4-13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hannahandkalebmom View Post
    We have never eaten here and made a ressie for our upcoming trip in April. Your thoughts please....TIA
    Did you make it for breakfast or dinner?
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We did breakfast here and loved it. Great character interaction! The food was good and nice service. We will be going backa gain

Post Thanks / Like

We've done both breakfast & dinner. Food was fine. Character interaction at dinner was great. Probably a Better time if you are in the main dining area. There are two side rooms as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be having dinner. Thanks
    Carribean 90's
    Outside the world 2-05---Hannah's 1st trip
    Port Orleans Riverside 5-06
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 1-07
    Pop Century 9-07---Kaleb's 1st trip
    Polynesian 12-08
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 1-10 (Got AP's) Pop Century---DH and Me for Bday 5-10
    OKW--11-10
    Off site 5-12
    OKW--4-13

Post Thanks / Like

We did the breakfast and I enjoyed it very much. Haven't been able to experience the dinner though.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed our dinner here.

Food wise except for a few special dishes like the strawberry soup, it is pretty standard dinner buffet fare. Unless you are going some place like Boma that has a very different menu, I think most of the dinner buffets have comparable quality.

Character interaction at dinner is great, though as other have mentioned it is best if you are in the main dining room. Cinderella and her prince both attend and dance with children. The step sisters are very funny.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

MMM...Strawberry soup! It's amazing!

The rest of the meal was good, standard buffet.

We have had really great character interaction, with everyone but Cinderella. She's been lackluster each time I have been there. The Step Mother and Sisters more than make up for it though. They are hilarious!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

...we do the breakfast at 1900 PF every visit to WDW. It's a must for me ....good food ...great Bloody Mary ...and my yearly picture with Pooh.

...brother's family came to WDW with us last year (their 1st visit) and ate at 1900 PF ....my SIL (not easy to please) was amazed by the character interaction!!

...always a good time.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We ate breakfast there. Food was okay and character interaction was fantastic.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to be "Debbie downer", but dinner at 1900 Park Fare was the single worst meal we have ever had in WDW, maybe anywhere. We were a party of 15 and every last one of us hated that meal. We thought the food was disgusting! Character interaction was great tho! It's the only place in WDW that I won't even give a second try, it was just too bad.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Really curious on anyone thinking the food here is disgusting. It's on par with just about every WDW buffet, so hating Park Faire is hating everywhere else. Anyway, I think the food is good here, whether it's breakfast or dinner. They have a few items that other places don't have, such as strawberry soup and some incredible pecan sticky buns. And the character interaction is great at dinner - and breakfast, too, if you decide to go for that.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Really curious on anyone thinking the food here is disgusting. It's on par with just about every WDW buffet, so hating Park Faire is hating everywhere else.
    We have eaten at a few buffets in WDW and none of them had the same food as PF. We have tried Boma, Cape May Cafe, and Chef Mickey's all for dinner. CM was the only one even close to same food, and on the particular night we dined there the quality of the food was far superior. Perhaps we just hit a bad night at Park Fare, but it was extremely bad. I normally give any place at least a second chance. However, with so many places to eat in WDW and given how horrible our meal was there, it's not a place I ever see us trying again.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

eh, it's a buffet. Perfectly average food. Kind of cool the different characters, though - I enjoyed The Stepsisters, and my daughters almost kidnapped Prince Charming (who was ENTIRELY Charming, even after my husband stepped on him). And the GF is lovely and worth a tour.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the strawberry soup and would go just for that! I thought the rest of the food was a little better than what I had at Chef Mickey's but we were eating late at CM so that may have been why. Regardless, food was good and characters great.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Hate to be "Debbie downer", but dinner at 1900 Park Fare was the single worst meal we have ever had in WDW, maybe anywhere. We were a party of 15 and every last one of us hated that meal. We thought the food was disgusting! Character interaction was great tho! It's the only place in WDW that I won't even give a second try, it was just too bad.
    Agreed. It was horrible the morning we were there. Nothing was good (service, food, character interaction). I'm happy to see that have had positive experiences. For us, never again.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

You start by having to acknowledge that its a buffet, but on our most recent trip we dis several other buffets as well (Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill and Boma) and on a previous visit we did Tusker House and Chef Mickey's. Boma is more unique with its food selections, but compared to the other buffets listed, I thought 1900 PF was fare and above the best. Ingredients were fresh, lots of variety and loved the do it yourself pasta station.

Add to that great character interaction.

Only downside is that from an asthetic perspective, the restaurant itself is fairly blah in decor, but again, I thought the food, for being buffet, was excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

We never had a bad experience for either Breakfast or Dinner. I do prefer the dinner because of the Step Sisters - they are a riot.

As someone else said, it is a buffet and they do things different than the other places (like Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey). When we went for breakfast, they had an Omelet station that was fantastic. At dinner, they had a nice carving station (although the beef they had the last time I was there was a little on the fatty side). The desserts have been hit or miss, but I find that is the case in many of the places we have gone to for a repeat visit.

If the goal is to have an outstanding, memorable meal, go somewhere else (like Grand Floridian Cafe). If you want the character interaction and very good food, you can't beat 1900 PF - plus it is less crazy than Chef Mickey.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: