Quantcast Non-Expiration tickets...will they always be honored even if they stop offering them

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Non-Expiration tickets...will they always be honored even if they stop offering them

I am considering buying the 10 day PH no expiration tickets, just because it is such a good deal. We like to space out our trips, and this would last us a long time.

My question is, if DIsney stops offering the non-expiration option, will they still always honor the no-expiration on current tickets that I have? I can't imagine that once you pay for that option that they would take it away, but I wanted to check and make sure.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Never say never, but I can't imagine them doing that. They still honor the old punch tickets from the early 90s.

Eventually they won't have to deal with it as people use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Never say never, but I can't imagine them doing that.
    I agree, but I once bought a ham and cheese sandwich that didn't have any ham on it. When I questioned this, I was told it wasn't supposed to. So you never know.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Although anything is possible, Disney has a long history of honouring any old admission ticket, no matter how old it is.

I'm thinking they will do the same with these tickets.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

My wife used a ticket that was over 20 years old on our last trip. You just go to the ticket booth and they convert it over to a new ticket. No problems.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

If they say "no expiration date" on them, I think legally they would have to honor them.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default semi related question

We have PH tickets from 2001 when we first took DS. 2 questions: 1) how can I find out if they are non-expiring and would be honored 2) since DS is now >10 (and his ticket was a 3-9 one) do we have to pay to upgrade his ticket to the >10 one? If I can find this info out before we go it will help me plan/budget our ticket purchase once we get there
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I agree, but I once bought a ham and cheese sandwich that didn't have any ham on it. When I questioned this, I was told it wasn't supposed to. So you never know.
    This is one of the oddest things I've read. I'm assuming this happened at Disney, but where?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

the no expiration date tickets are not going away. They're no longer being offered online. But they are available at the main gate and at the resorts. According to an article that I have read, they found that people were buying the no expiration option more at the gate and at the resorts then they were online the fee is still the same and will apply it to any ticket available.I hope it's okay to post this article.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,6094699.story.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie View Post
    We have PH tickets from 2001 when we first took DS. 2 questions: 1) how can I find out if they are non-expiring and would be honored 2) since DS is now >10 (and his ticket was a 3-9 one) do we have to pay to upgrade his ticket to the >10 one? If I can find this info out before we go it will help me plan/budget our ticket purchase once we get there
    1) All tickets before 2005 are non-expiring. It wasn't until 2005 when they started the Magic Your Way ticket pricing that you had to pay extra to make your tickets non-expiring. So, your tickets from 2001 should still be valid.
    2) I don't know if you can change a child ticket into an adult one. You would have to ask at Guest Services, or maybe someone else will be along that can answer that. Or, if you want to call 407-W-DISNEY they might be able to answer that over the phone.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Ok...I think you have to tell the story on that one!! What in the world?!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    the no expiration date tickets are not going away. They're no longer being offered online. But they are available at the main gate and at the resorts. According to an article that I have read, they found that people were buying the no expiration option more at the gate and at the resorts then they were online the fee is still the same and will apply it to any ticket available.I hope it's okay to post this article.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,6094699.story.
    Good to know. Thanks for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie View Post
    A used child ticket can be upgraded to an adult one by Disney at no cost. This must be done ni person at a ticket counter (possibly guest relations).

The key being that it has to have been used while they were a child. An unused ticket will be charged the current difference in price between an equivalent child ticket and adult ticket.

You already have an answer to your first question. Those dates seem about right. It was MYW that changed the ticket/pricing structure. In 2001 I do believe that all tickets were non expiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    1) All tickets before 2005 are non-expiring. It wasn't until 2005 when they started the Magic Your Way ticket pricing that you had to pay extra to make your tickets non-expiring. So, your tickets from 2001 should still be valid.
    2) I don't know if you can change a child ticket into an adult one. You would have to ask at Guest Services, or maybe someone else will be along that can answer that. Or, if you want to call 407-W-DISNEY they might be able to answer that over the phone.
    A used child ticket can be upgraded to an adult one by Disney at no cost. This must be done ni person at a ticket counter (possibly guest relations).

The key being that it has to have been used while they were a child. An unused ticket will be charged the current difference in price between an equivalent child ticket and adult ticket.

You already have an answer to your first question. Those dates seem about right. It was MYW that changed the ticket/pricing structure. In 2001 I do believe that all tickets were non expiring.
    Thanks for the info. Yes, he did use some of the days on the ticket when he was a child but I think there is one day left one each of them. I guess we will take them with us and ask at Guest Relations. THanks again!!
    2004--First time for DD!

Post Thanks / Like

If there's one day left, honestly, I would NOT use them during your trip. Here's why...

Each one day ticket is worth about $90. The difference in price between a 4 day ticket and a 5 day ticket is $12, SIGNIFICANTLY LESS! I would save the one day ticket(s) for a possible future surprise weekend getaway or something.

Tickets are now one of the most expensive parts of a trip, and are often the reason for not beng able to afford a trip. Snagging a cheap last minute flight and hotel for a getaway is very possible, but the tickets are always going to be expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

If there's one day left, honestly, I would NOT use them during your trip. Here's why...

Each one day ticket is worth about $90. The difference in price between a 4 day ticket and a 5 day ticket is $12, SIGNIFICANTLY LESS! I would save the one day ticket(s) for a possible future surprise weekend getaway or something.

Tickets are now one of the most expensive parts of a trip, and are often the reason for not beng able to afford a trip. Snagging a cheap last minute flight and hotel for a getaway is very possible, but the tickets are always going to be expensive.
    Thanks for the thought. Flights from here (DC metro area) are usually NEVER cheap (or even reasonable most of the time) so last minute quick trips are not our reality (add HS schedules to that are we are pretty locked in to school breaks & summer )
    2004--First time for DD!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised, Baltimore to Orlando is Southwest's bread and butter flight. 1/2 of my flights stop there first (if I ever decided to not fly non-stop).

This summer I got the cheapest flights I've gotten in years, flying right around the 4th of July.

Heck, from DC you're almost there for a quick car ride quite honestly. I did say almost...

I still wouldn't use them. I've got a stack of old tickets that might get used at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks-we are the other end of the DC region-almost as close to Richmond as to BWI. I think we will probably bring the tickets but not use them.
    2004--First time for DD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    There's one huge exception to this ...

Prior to 2005, when you booked a PACKAGE (resort room + tickets bundled together) your tickets were good only for the length of your resort stay. So if you stayed for 7 nights but used only 6 days' worth of tickets, that unused 7th day very definitely expired after your check-out day.

So anyone with old tickets that they think might have unused days left on them, they have to ask themselves if they bought those tickets separately or if they bought them as part of a resort package ... because if they bought them as a package they were "length of stay" tickets and have expired by now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: