Quantcast Doing the parks in order - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The only must we have is MK on our last day!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have started all of our trips at Epcot on arrival day. Sometimes we go to MK on the first evening but usually we save our first sight of the castle for our first day at park opening.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

It is almost always Magic Kingdom the first day for us but I make a complete itinerary months before our trip (well my daughter helps now as she is a bit OCD too). As operational hours and extra magic hours are finalized in the month or two leading up to our trip, we review the itinerary and make adjustments if necessary. Once we get there, there is no indecision or bickering over which park on which day. We look at our itinerary and off we go.

Post Thanks / Like

Never bothered with any of the crowd calendars, never will.

For us, coming from the West Coast, we can't get there until around 5pm at best. That makes park schedules our initial criteria. Which usually means we get to our hotel and then head off to Epcot for some sort of dinner and Illuminations. Although a time or two we've arrived on a day with evening EMH at MK, so we've headed there the night we get in.

Other than that, we pretty much wing it. There are, of course, factors that come into play for us. If we have an ADR for someplace special - and those are few - that will have an impact. We also have the situation where our son and his wife are both entertainment CMs, so we try to catch their shows as much as possible. But at best, they get a schedule 2 weeks out. Typically, our son's schedule will change at the last minute, so flexibility is key for us, and Park Hoppers (or APs) are a must.

Also, we don't do Disney commando-style. We don't have to ride everything. Just being in a park is a wonderful thing.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

EE is our favorite ride so we usually will head over to AK first - then since it closes earlier than the other parks, we can get in a second park on our first day. Typically we will go to EPCOT because I just love illuminations - cannot see it enough while we are there. Since we have started staying at Wilderness Lodge, I will book a late afternoon or evening flight and we will spend the morning of our final day at MK - there is something about saying goodbye that requires me to see the castle just before we leave.....
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

I could never do the Animal Kingdom first. My parents came out to join us a few years back and that was their first park. I'm sure they were thinking "Disney World aint all that magical." That said, only on our first trip did we hit the MK first. Every trip since then has either had Epcot or DHS first. I'm not sure why, but it always rolls out that way.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how many days we are there. First day could be any one of them.

But, I prefer my last day to be at the MK. Its always sad to turn around and look at the castle for the last time before walking away.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I always do either AK or the Studios as my "opening act" for each trip. I usually don't go to those every trip, so one of them gets things started, and then MK is next, and Epcot is my headliner/closer. Since it's my favorite I always end my trips there.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I used to insist on doing the parks in order. First day at Magic Kingdom, second Epcot, third HS, fourth AK. I've loosened up on that, but I still spend my first afternoon (we usually get to DW mid morning on our arrival day) at MK most trips and we usually end our trips with a day at Epcot.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

First day has to be MK for us. After that we usually do Epcot, AK, HS, a water park, then repeat most of the parks. Usually we'll do MK 3 times instead of doing HS twice. We will take EMH and other scheduled things into consideration, but MK first day is a must and we're not too bothered after that.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't always do the parks in the same order, but more often than not MK is our first park. And if we are just doing each park once during a trip we often leave epcot (a family favorite) for last.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Not getting to Magic Kingdom (or the Magic Kingdom layout park at any of the Disney resorts) the first day always just makes me itch to get there... so I generally try to get there either first or at least, that day.

No use counting down to getting there and missing out on the fun of where you're at. It's Magic Kingdom where I feel like I'm "at Disney" though.

Outside of that I'm swayed by EMH, showtimes, convenience, meals and all of that. A good friend always has to end his trips with Peter Pan and I kind of like the idea of having a finale to the trip.
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as full days go, Animal Kingdom since it opened has been our first full day, Epcot next, Studios after that and then the last two days at the MK. If we arrive early enough on our travel day we have pretty much rotated between MK and EP for an afternoon visit.
    1972, 1976, 1989, 1993, 2002 - Offsite
    1996 - CBR
    1999, 2010 - CR
    2000, 2001, 2003 GF
    2004. 2007 WL
    2005 AKL
    2014 TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really looked at that schedule. Lately, we've been doing several short trips a year, and usually planning around a party at the MK, and then Epcot for the second full day. That way we get to go more, and I've really enjoyed our scheduling like that.

This time (April) we are going to AK and Epcot. I haven't checked to see if the day we'll be there is supposed to be "crowded" or the best days to go...its just we are going based on our schedule and when our "park" day is going to be.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Plan by proximity and ADR's
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: