Quantcast NextGen, Magic Band, and FP+ - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    I've actually been denied eating at a place because I didn't have a reservation, so it does happen.
    I spent a whole week eating CS because we planned the trip in short notice. Had fun overall, but it got old being told no for 7 days straight.
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

there are hidden gems like Grand Floridian Cafe. Even when it's busy it is hard to be told no there.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh I am so confused!

Do we know yet if:

- Is FP going away completely (eventually)
    - We'll only be able to get FP using pre-arranged FP+?
    - are KTTW cards being completely replaced (where ALL guests must have the darn MagicBand)

Never had an issue with FP before, using it within the return window worked fine with us and we never make more than 2-3 ADRs during a 7-9 day trip. Will this strategy be a thing of the past?
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    Ugh I am so confused!

Do we know yet if:

- Is FP going away completely (eventually)
    - We'll only be able to get FP using pre-arranged FP+?
    - are KTTW cards being completely replaced (where ALL guests must have the darn MagicBand)

Never had an issue with FP before, using it within the return window worked fine with us and we never make more than 2-3 ADRs during a 7-9 day trip. Will this strategy be a thing of the past?
    Right now, FastPass+ and Magic+ are optional and require the guest to opt-in. I did read on another site that if you opt-in for FastPass+, you will no longer be able to get standard FastPasses.

My guess is that it is just a matter of time before the regular FastPass system is gone.

I don't think the ADR plan will change much. My family goes when it is usually crowded because we have school age children. If we go to a restaurant that takes ADRs withou one, we don't get seated. I would imagine that if you are going during the year that is less crowded and ADRs aren't necessary for many of the restaurants, the new Magic+ system won't change that much.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Right now, FastPass+ and Magic+ are optional and require the guest to opt-in. I did read on another site that if you opt-in for FastPass+, you will no longer be able to get standard FastPasses.

My guess is that it is just a matter of time before the regular FastPass system is gone.
    I know there has been speculation as to the fate of the current FP system ever since the first rumors of the new system began to surface. Has there been any official word that says the current FP is going to go away? Am I missing something?
    As a local AP, the new FP+ and MMW+ does not appeal to me. It is something I will never use. I live an hour away. Why would I pay $200+ to participate in these "programms" that are designed for tourists.
    Somedays, the current FP system is the only way I get to ride anything in the parks. If that goes away-so does my AP. I'll spend my money else where,. And I know there are a lot of locals that feel the same.
    Trust me, as FL resident pass holder, we don't get any perks. In fact-it seems like a lot of the changes occuring or rumored to occur are designed to tell us locals they don't want our busniness.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at WDW over Marathon Weekend. The new MyMagic+ was a bit of a hassle for getting into the parks as 1/3 of the turnstiles were available to folks with park passes (APs, day tickets, etc) 1/3 for the new RFIDs in the KTTW cards and 1/3 out of commission (being updated to the new RFID readers, we assume). So with only a handful of resorts participating, there were no lines to enter the parks at the RFID entry point, but it was a cattle call at the old biometric turnstiles.

They have had RFIDs in the KTTW cards for a year or so for entering the rooms. Mostly OK, but for us, three out of the four of our KTTWs would not open the room. Had to get new ones. Not a real hassle, just a minor inconvenience.

Purchases with the RFID KTTW cards were ok, not available at many places yet. PIN needed for every purchase, ok. Don't think it saves any time. Not sure what the limits on the PINs are, mine was eight numbers.

The jury is still out on the rest of the new-gen stuff until we experience it.
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

So as a DVC member that always purchases APs, where does that leave me? I use my AP to enter parks, not a KTTW. Will my AP be equipped with RFID, or will a get a bracelet at BCV when I check-in with my AP added to it for my stay? How will I make FT+ reservations with a room only DVC reservation?

Is Magic+ only for people that are staying on property?
    DVC - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    So as a DVC member that always purchases APs, where does that leave me? I use my AP to enter parks, not a KTTW. Will my AP be equipped with RFID, or will a get a bracelet at BCV when I check-in with my AP added to it for my stay? How will I make FT+ reservations with a room only DVC reservation?

Is Magic+ only for people that are staying on property?
    I have a similar concern. I typically book room only packages and purchase tickets through the Official Ticket Center. It is my understanding that these are not considered MYW tickets. So I'm still not sure if they can be "linked" to my reservation and wristband. I keep reading different answers on different websites

Post Thanks / Like

We are DVC with APs as well. Not sure how it will all work out either. On our trip over Marathon weekend, we just used our APs as usual, and some of the RFID stuff with the KTTW card (room access, some purchases). I would think that at some point you could add the AP to the KTTW card and then just need only that for everything. Time will tell.
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Iger, Staggs, Rasulo, Franklin MacPhee, anyone else involved in this NextGen datamining of children ready to testify on Capital Hill in the future?

Ed Markey Concerned Over Disney Plan to Track Kids with Bracelets

And here is the copy of the letter to Iger....

Ed Mackey's Letter to Iger

For those who don't know, Ed Mackey was one of the authors of the 1998 COPPA law which restricts websites from collecting data on children... Someone is looking out for the kids!!!!

Maybe the concerns raised before weren't so conspiracy theory based after all...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like any of this. Setting up dining 180 days in advance just to get a table is crazy, but now you have to do it for rides, shows and parades too! You can't even stand on the sidewalk where you want without having a resevation. Your whole day has to be planned step by step and if you don't go along with this then you risk the chance of missing out on things you want to do.

We have one more trip planned this coming Oct with my youngest nephew, if it is the mess it sounds like it will be, we will be taking a break for a while after that.

What's next....having to plan you bathroom breaks 180 days in advance.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Iger, Staggs, Rasulo, Franklin MacPhee, anyone else involved in this NextGen datamining of children ready to testify on Capital Hill in the future?

For those who don't know, Ed Mackey was one of the authors of the 1998 COPPA law which restricts websites from collecting data on children... Someone is looking out for the kids!!!!

Maybe the concerns raised before weren't so conspiracy theory based after all...
    No, they weren't. One must realize that first and foremost- for better or worse, Disney is NOT "Uncle Walt" looking after his kids, but a huge inpersonal moneymaking machine. The danger of data being misused is real. Sad, but true.

On a not unrelated topic, I'm thinking that maybe any future Disney vacation taken by my family will be headed west....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    What's next....having to plan you bathroom breaks 180 days in advance.
    That's their next innovation....MagicPants+

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    No, they weren't. One must realize that first and foremost- for better or worse, Disney is NOT "Uncle Walt" looking after his kids, but a huge inpersonal moneymaking machine. The danger of data being misused is real. Sad, but true.
    Exactly, and to add to that, blindly following the mouse can lead down very dangerous roads... I cannot see how anyone can defend this... Especially when the fact that Disney will be datamining children... This is a major problem for Disney no matter how much they want to try to make it sound like it is the best thing to come to theme parks...

And if you go to DL, please post trip reports!!!

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

And if you go to DL, please post trip reports!!!
    I will! Being in Texas one coast is about as close as the other...

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I will! Being in Texas one coast is about as close as the other...
    Awesome!!! I have to live vicariously through others LOL... I don't fly so there goes DL for me

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!!! I have to live vicariously through others LOL... I don't fly so there goes DL for me
    Yeah, NJ to CA would be a heck of a hike!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Rep. Markey is just mad because he was stuck in the 180 minute standby line for Toy Story Mania over Christmas break.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, NJ to CA would be a heck of a hike!
    But if you have never been to DL it is so worth it. DL seems to be jammed together a little tighter, but the novelty of it all is wonderful, and CA is a fun park too. Not to mention that you can walk between the two. And the California weather is very different from Florida. Very mild most of the year with the hottest time being July-Sept. You will also find there is so much to do outside of the parks in the LA area. I lived in San Diego for many years and miss it tremendously. Very beautiful part of the country.

Sorry didn't mean to change topic, but get to DL in your lifetime if you can.
    DVC - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    But if you have never been to DL it is so worth it. DL seems to be jammed together a little tighter, but the novelty of it all is wonderful, and CA is a fun park too. Not to mention that you can walk between the two. And the California weather is very different from Florida. Very mild most of the year with the hottest time being July-Sept. You will also find there is so much to do outside of the parks in the LA area. I lived in San Diego for many years and miss it tremendously. Very beautiful part of the country.

Sorry didn't mean to change topic, but get to DL in your lifetime if you can.
    Thanks for the input! The last (and only) time I was at DL was in 1973! This would be a 40 year homecoming, lol. Anyway, I have been thinking about it a while. Now, back to whatever this thread is really about......

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Share This Thread On Social Media: